Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. D.N. AmarapurkarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I feel trapped gas in my lower abdomen. But its not passing through from 2 days. Also slight pain on pressing lower abdomen and when its moving inside. I felt this thing for the 1st time .what could be reason & please give solution.
My wife 52 years old suffering from cronhs disease. What is the best treatment and diet for her. She is taking measacol 1. 2g bd.
Muje pat me garmi bhot he soch pura utarta nahi mari koi pesab ki nas to nahi dab rahi esa hota us k karan garmi pet me badh jati hai.
I am suffering with gas trouble and when it occurs I am unable to eat and due to this inside my throat it was like firing. My BP is always 80/60 or 90/70. So tell me what to eat for this problem.
I am 38 years old. I have a gas trouble, my stomach size is little big, problem of cholesterol (charabi). Second one is, I drink water 15 litter in a day and I have to go for urinal every hours.
Sir I, m 23 years old. I,m facing gas problem in my stomach for 1 years. I used pancruz D tablet but it is not effective till now. Also I always feels weakness and fatigue. Always have headache. Digestion is also not so well. Give me the appropriate suggestions and medicines.
My height is 5.7 and weight 76 kg. I go to gym regularly spclly focused on mass muscles look due to which I eat as much I can. But I always feel like gas and acidity type in my body whole day. I also burp and fart many times In a day. Please suggest shall I visit to doctor or it wl be ok or some change in diet.
I am 49 years male having persistent acidity problem, have been taking omeprazole for years now. Whenever I stop taking medicine in 3-4 days there is a burning problem in my throat and chest.Please guide.
Enlarged pancreas can result beacuse of factors such as:
- An abscess in your pancreas: This refers to a dangerous formation inside the pancreas. Neglecting its occurrence can also turn out to be fatal. An abscess is a cavity containing pus that further infects the rest of the organ. Presence of harmful bacteria in the pancreas leads to such a case.
- A cyst in the lining of your pancreas: Epithelial cysts in the pancreas can also cause the organ to swell up. Such cysts are mostly benign but they are accompanied by disabling pain.
- Pancreatitis is one disease with an array of threats: Highly active enzymes within the organ can make its tissues wear down thus, affecting the size of your pancreas. If you are an alcoholic, you are more prone to develop this condition. It could also be contracted due to an excess of calcium or fats in the blood.
- Cancer of the pancreas is dreadful too: Due to the unanticipated growth of cancer cells in the pancreas, the organ grows bigger. A person suffers from excruciating pain under the influence of this condition.
- Pseudocysts in the pancreas can have serious ill effects: When benign cysts become unmanageably harmful, they result into pseudocysts. The cysts contain remains of your tissues and other damaging fluids that can increase the size of the pancreas.
An enlarged pancreas surfaces in the form of these symptoms:
- The kind of stool you pass indicates a lot about your health. Oily poop can be indicative of an enlarged pancreas. Persisting diarrhea can also be a symptom of pancreatic ailments.
- You may even experience an accelerated pulse rate.
- You may feel feverish continually. Bouts of fever can impede your free movement and general health.
- Health issues with your pancreas can make you suffer from jaundice. It could be a one- time affair or it could reappear from time to time.
- Constant queasiness could hint at some underlying problem in your pancreas.
- You may even lose more than a few pounds over a short span of time. Such a thing should not be taken lightly as it not only makes you look sick but also degrades your immunity. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Liver normal in size and course echotexture. No facial lesion. IHBR NORMAL OPINION: fatty liver early grade 2 no free fluid. What should i do?
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pain
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.