Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. D.N. AmarapurkarYour feedback matters!
I am pratyush I am suffering from stomach pain and gas from last 3 days and from last night I have fever as well as I am felling week and from morning loose motion.
I feel that I have digestion issues, whatever I eat after that my chest burns a lot. I just then take fizzy drink for burp and this also increasing my weight. What is this?
I am 19 years old girl. I have a small projection near my anus. Sometimes blood comes from stool and am so scared. I am losing my weight beside of consuming average food. I am nt able to understand what that is.
I have candida albicans symptoms is cold intolerant brain fog when I eat suddenly my stomach full with gas bloating constipation anxiety lot more food sensitivity to gluten or mostly sugar also finger warts I don't know what can I do and where should I go how can tell the doctor. I checked thyroid testosterone anti po test vitamins all are normal please help.
I am facing a problem regarding acidity in my stomach. I visit a lot of doctors. Everything doctor gave me medicine. Until I take medicine there is some relief in acidity. But as soon as the medicine over. My acidity starts again. I got no permanent solution. Almost 6 month passed with this acidity. It it is very strong. I can't even eat my food properly. Please help if possible.
I have problem of gastric an I used a medicine RabifastDSR (zuventus) but not regular, so my question to you what is the best solution for a gastric problem.
I am suffering from acute acidity.I take omi tablet almost everyday.How i get rid of these problem age 65.No other problem.
My daughter is 10 years old having gallstones 3-5 mm as well as grade 1 fatty liver. Is surgery essential or can be cured without surgery.
My mother is 54 year old. She has headache sometimes at the backside and also she don't able to take cushion while sleeping as she feel very uncomfortable. She also has gastric problem. please suggest what we do? does it require ct scan or not.
I am a 35 years old man and suffering from hyperacidity since many years. My endoscopy is ok. I have to take pantocid dsr daily in morning empty stomach. Also suffer from frequent digestive infections for which doctor generally prescribe me an antibiotic and lafutidine+domperidone at night. Kindly give me solution. Please not I daily take bp tablet, sugar tablet, dulexotine 20 mg also. And allergic asthma also.
5 Ways to alleviate nighttime heartburn
Nighttime heartburn is a very common medical condition that causes a burning sensation in the chest region due to excessive acidity in the digestive system. This condition is witnessed very often in people and mostly it tends to awaken people from their sleep thereby disrupting their sleep patterns. Here are some effective ways to cure and prevent heartburn sensations during the night time.
1. Avoid acidity triggering foods: You should avoid the foods and drinks which are harsh on your digestive system and cause acidity and heartburn related problems during the night time. Some of the common foods and drinks responsible for nighttime heartburn and need to be avoided are alcohol, caffeinated drinks like colas, coffee and tea, chocolate and cocoa, peppermint, garlic, onions, milk, fatty, spicy, greasy, or fried foods and acidic foods like citrus or tomato products.
2. Follow a proper exercising pattern: You should never exercise immediately after having your meals. Instead, a considerable amount of a time gap should exist between your meal and your workout session. Do not ever eat a heavy meal before you exercise, because in spite of giving a time gap the richness of the food will adversely affect your digestive system.
3. Quit smoking habits: If you are a chronic/chain smoker, then you might witness the blockage of your gastrointestinal tract (digestive passages), which will further degrade and worsen the heartburn condition. Easier said than done, smoking is an addictive behaviour and you should be taking special care to lessen it and ultimately quit smoking.
4. Develop a chewing habit: If you are facing a chronic and regular heartburn problem, then you should definitely try excessive chewing of materials like gums. Chewing helps to generate excessive amounts of saliva during the act and the saliva, in turn, helps to soothe the acidic activities in your esophagus, thereby decreasing the probability of frequent heartburns.
5. Adopt weight loss measure: Sometimes, excessive body weight is also one of the potential factors responsible for causing frequent heartburns. But, if you shed a couple of kilograms from your body, then you will surely witness a relative decline in the symptoms of heartburn during night.