Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D.m PatelYour feedback matters!
I am 22 yrs, sir I want to ask that I had unprotected sex with my girl friend on 11 Dec 2015 and she had her periods on 13 Dec which does not occur on due day due to some reason, we don't know and on 22 Dec 2015 she did pregnancy test (urine test) and the results are negative according to doctor, is there any chances of pregnancy now also or we are safe now. Is it possible dat the results may change after 1 week and they can be positive. How much possibility of change of result is there?
Missing periods from 1month 15days. Sticky secretions coming from vagina. Labia minora shrinking. Did not had sex from 3months. Used i-pill during last sex. Which was 3months before and had 2 periods after that.
" There is always risk in unprotected sex and unknown partner" said by a doctor. May I know the symptoms of diseases that i can face and how to avoid the symptoms? Partner is married and I am a 18.
My periods usually go for 3 days. In February, my periods flow was heavy lasted for 5 days and I could find tissues like egg of a fish. Could it be a miscarriage?
Hi, I am Dr IPS Kochar, a pediatric endocrinologist. I’m going to talk about puberty, precautions puberty or early puberty.
Puberty is a time when the child is growing in height and weight along with some feature which comes when a child matures. Now there are conditions when a child starts getting early features. If a girl starts getting breast before the age of 8 or if a boy whose testicle volume increases more than 4 ml before 9 years of age, these children are getting into early puberty. A girl if she starts getting pubic and underarm hair before the age of 8 body odour or there are lots of behavioural changes or she suddenly shot up in height. This child may be having early puberty. So these are the symptoms concerned in a girl.
In boys the testicle volume increases more than 4 ml, increase in height velocity, 6 to 8 to 10 cms in 1 year, hair on the lips and the arm, an underarm or pubic area in less than 9 years of age, behavioural changes, mood swings, the appearance of acne. The child may be going through early puberty or precautious puberty. These things they must keep in mind because there will be a change in growth pattern. Initially, the child will grow more but later the growth will be stunted. The child will not grow up to his final height. If these points are there one should be very careful. if there is early puberty you can always go to the doctor, examine the child. So, if a girl is having breasts before the age of 8 one should definitely find out what is happening with the child and same in a boy if there is an increase in testicle volume or breaking of voice or hair anywhere in his body you should always consult a doctor. There are certain specific tests which are done where lS and FSH when they can only make a diagnosis.
In a girl, you can go for ultrasound and in a boy, you can go for MRI as to know why it is happening. These are certain things that you should keep in mind especially if the boy is having breaking of voice pubic hair armpit hair, appearance of acne one should definitely go and find out what is happening. So in a girl if there is budding of breast, pubic hair and mood swings you should definitely find out what’s happening. Girls are getting early menarche at 9 and a half years and the growth is less.
So if your child has any of these symptoms you should see a pediatric endroconologist. I’m available at lybrate.com or you can come to my clinic.
Is polycystic dangerous Please suggest precautions and measures to cover Problems - hair loss on head Irregular periods Increase hair growth on hand and under arms Weight gain.
I am 31 years old I had get married before 3 years n I am trying now for baby I have already consult with a doctor he said me try for 6 months now I am trying for 3 months but still I am not conceive so pls tell me any solution.
Im a 22 old girl. I hv a heavy breast. Im looking ugly. How can I get 28 size breast as soon as possible.
We've probably heard about it, read it and even watched it a few times - devices like TV and laptop take a toll on our health. But are the studies backed with statistics applicable to us? What duration crosses the limit between acceptable and dangerous. Given that both these devices are entwined in our lives not only to entertain, but also make our lives easy, how much can you really avoid them? The reality is that you can't. So here is a quick look at what impacts you the most and how you can manage it best.
1. Increased eye irritability: We are quite used to multi-screen viewing these days. We work on our laptops or iPads while we watch TV at home. While this may seem like a skilled process in multi-brain functionality, but it is subjecting our eyes continuously to artificial light, making us blink less often. Often extending to over 12 hours a day, a mix or laptop and TV viewing can cause dry eyes, irritability, and reduced vision problems.
2. Increased obesity: Having access to everything from groceries to jewelry online makes it unnecessary to move out of the house on a Sunday. This is a boon and a bane in its own right. Easy access means spending lesser time standing in supermarket queues but more time in front of the TV. This can lead to lethargy and obesity. This risk is very real in children and we are battling with an entire generation on the brink of obesity and related problems. Did you know that childhood obesity risk increases by 60% when kids watch one hour of TV! Don't even try the math for a year's worth of television!
3. Increased affinity for junk food: TV has more side effects than you think. It automatically makes us reach out for the most harmful foods that taste great but hardly have any nutritional value. From chips to pizzas to burgers to quick fix noodles some with extra cheese others with a copious quantity of salts slowly add harmful toxins to the body. The worst part is that we are so lost in our work or TV that we don't realize the quantity we are chewing down.
4. It affects your sleep cycle: Having these handy late in the night also confuses our body with artificial light, throwing our sleep cycle off balance.
5. The one-off cases are real for some people: We often hear horror stories about some 12 years old whose thighs burned up because of excessive laptop use. There are other stories about a man who came home after a workout and accidently touched his laptop's power cord to be electrocuted. There are other stories linking these gadgets to cancer risks. These stories may be played up by the media for viral effect but the fact remains that you never know when you can be that 'somebody'. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist and ask a free question.
Hi I really wanted to know that if I do sex with my girlfriend will his future hubby will know about our sex can really anyone find out that she has been fucked before.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex after the 10 days of her periods but immediately an hour after she took emergency contraceptive pill. Can she get pregnant?
I am getting burning pain in Vagina while intercourse since last couple of days, its also slightly burning while urinating, can you pls help? Its nothing related to forced sex rather its normal sexual relationship in us. Thanks.
Be it burgers, bagels, muffins, sandwiches or simple toasts, bread has made headway into the diets of a huge portion of the populace. Although a staple diet for many since time immemorial, the consumption of bread has increased extensively in the recent past. But, which type of bread should we intake to incur the best health impacts is a question that bothers many. The general assumption is that the wholegrain variety is the best alternative. However, the barrage of marketing tactics makes it impossible to distinguish the best variety from the others.
There are a whole lot of myths surrounding the best variety of bread and you must choose wisely before settling for one particular type. It is expedient to look beyond the overt appearance or the name of the bread, one needs to be wary of the ingredient before taking a call.
Mostly, white bread is made out of refined flour which is often striped off essential nutrients and fibers. To worsen the situation, white bread is often bleached with certain chemicals to enhance its appearance.
Certain assumptions deem brown bread as the healthier option. Unfortunately, it isn't true always. More often than not, brown bread is simply white bread with artificial coloring added to it or is caramelized. They essentially add no surplus nutritional value.
Similarly, multigrain bread can often mislead the consumers about its health impacts. Unlike whole wheat bread, multigrain breads are usually chemically treated with softened grains. This does not effectively recover the lost nutrients of the bread.
Whole wheat bread has more pronounced health benefits. It contains more wheat germ and fibers in comparison to the more processed varieties of bread. Having evaded the toxic additives, it has relatively healthier effects on our blood sugar levels.
As you realize that the bread that you eat does not necessarily affect your health favorably, wisdom lies in seeking out the least harmful variety. In that context, rye bread or spelt bread contains greater amount of minerals. Besides, bread made from barley, oats and millets have greater mineral content than the commercially hybridized varieties and promote better health.