Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D.m PatelYour feedback matters!
Hii I am 15 weeks pregnant can I take raw milk without heating (i.e company name s good life cow milk) Wat happens if I take tis.
HI, I am trying to conceive since jan 2015, m taking spine 50 mg and this is my 4th cycle. My thyroid was 18 4 months back and now it is 0.08. Are there any chances to conceive this month? please suggest. Please note: my progesterone is also checked and is 18.2. Please advice.
I planned for a baby in the month of may. I followed the advice of the doctors to have sexual intercourse from day 8th to day 18th. After these ovulation days I checked for my pregnancy yesterday but the result was negative. The date for my periods is after 1 week. What should I do? Checking before periods does not gives correct result? Do I have any chance of being pregnant in the month of may?
Hi I am a 25 year woman. Trying to conceive. This month my period date was on 10th. But I have missed it. Today morning I had tested by home pregnancy kit named prega news but the result comes negative. I haven't faced any implementation bleeding. Is there possibility to being pregnant? N. B I have thyroid. Having medicine Thyronorm 112.5. Last tested on December. Tsh & T3 was normal. T4 was little bit (. 5) more than normal.
Age 22 years female unmarried C/o of white leukorrhea per vagina. No itching and no burning. No weaknesses. No abdo pain. Only leukorrhea. Tell me treatment. In allopathic and homoeopathy and ayurvedic.
Hello mein two weeks pregnent hu or mujhe lower back mein pain h kya ye normal h or kya mein hot water bottle rakh sakti hu. Pls help.
My girlfriend has period on 3.1. 16 doing unprotected sex on 8.1. 16 and I had given her unwanted 72 and I had protected sex on 12.1. 16 but condom was broken and then on 14.1. 16 I had given her unwanted 72 but today she is having fever and she had periods but their is little blood came after this period is their any chance of pregnancy.
My girlfriend cannot control arousal feeling and I have sex with her 3 times a day that too on daily bases, so is it okay? Does it cause any effects to me or her? Please suggest.
Hi. My age 26, height 5.6.weight 59 kg. My periods are regular 28 to 32. My husband semen count also good. I took USG. Hormone test. Its normal only. In USG they mention polycystic ovaries. But I get my periods regular. Also ovulated. Sonography from 6 day to 14 My ovulation happen 14 day. Egg size 24 mm endo line 9.2 and get my periods on 28. Everything is normal but not conceive. Last 5 month took siphene and progynova 21 days. Last month ccq and meprate 10 days. Yesterday I got my periods. Can I continue tablet for another 6 month? Please suggest me next level of treatment and any test required.
One year before I married but still now I did not get pregnant. Please tell me what precautions to take for speedy pregnant.
I read on internet and if had sex 2 days before ovulation then will definitely get pregnant as had sex 1-2 days before ovulation most fertile time so please say I will be as I had it 23rd Wednesday and egg got released on 25th Friday and he cum in me on Wednesday 23rd as it went all warm felt it and then read on internet and it said if had sex 2 days before ovulation then definitely become pregnant as had it 1-2 days before most fertile time so please say when I take my test Monday it say I am pregnant.
Hi there. I am a 19 year old girl and want to know about something. It's about white discharge from past 4 days when I wake up in the morning the white discharge is flowing in quantity and it's happening only in the mornings not the whole day. Is it normal or not?. If not then what's the issue?. Let me know, I really wanna know it's getting difficult for me.
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as cushing's syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.