Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D. M.Narurkar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. D. M.NarurkarYour feedback matters!
Mihika Amol Samant
Seemed to be very experienced & pleasant. Very efficient.
i am facing a problems like dizziness / blackout / unbalance for some time. one doctor is saying its vertigo virus another is saying it is cervical. pl help me out ?
I'm suffering from severe ear pain. I use continuously headphone so I have lot of pain. Please help me. Now I stopped using headphones.
Pilonidal refers to a nest of hairs and sinus stands for a tunnel like structure with two openings communicating with each other. A Pilonidal Sinus (PNS) presents as a nodular swelling or an opening in lower spinal region with hairs and dead cells in the sinus cavity. Intermittent watery or pus discharge is also noticed from this swelling.
Pilonidal sinus mostly happens to people with hairy skin. Hairs invade in the skin in natal cleft and act as a source of infection. As a result cyst formation is there with swelling and intermittent pus discharge. The symptoms Pilonidal Sinus include:
• A painful swelling in lower spinal region
• Pain and swelling subsides once the pus is discharged and again appears when pus formation is there. This cycle goes on.
• Hair protruding out from the lesion may be seen
• One or more sinus openings can also be seen
Pilonidal Sinus very seldom heals with treatments through medicine; whether it is allopathic, homeopathic or ayurvedic, they tend to show only temporary relief. The problem does not get eradicated completely. Under most of these circumstances, surgeons recommend patients to undergo surgeries like Z-plasty. Even after surgery, there are high incidences of recurrence so it is not a good choice for Pilonidal Sinus treatment.
Other complications like pain, hospitalization and longer process of recovery are also commonly seen. However, Pilonidal Sinus can be completely treated by Graded Ksharsutra Treatment. In this treatment; Graded Ksharsutra - a specialized Medicated thread is placed in sinus cavity which is replaced at weekly intervals till the sinus heals completely.
Here are few reasons why Graded KsharsutraTM is considered to be better than Surgery
• As it is a non-surgical procedure, so hospitalization or bed rest may not be required.
• In Ksharsutra therapy there is no cutting of tissues hence the chance of post operative bleeding are not there whereas after surgery; the chances of post operative bleeding or infection are always there.
• Ksharsutra therapy is done under Local Anesthesia which is always safer than general anesthesia/ Spinal Anesthesia required during surgery.
• Patients can continue his normal routine activities as usual during this treatment which is not the case after surgery for Pilonidal Sinus.
• Delayed healing and Recurrence of Pilonidal Sinus are the complications seen after Pilonidal sinus surgery. Such complications are not seen with Graded KsharsutraTM Treatment.
• Graded KsharsutraTM is more economical and more convenient than surgery.
Hence, it is being concluded that Graded KsharsutraTM Treatment is the best treatment for Pilonidal Sinus.