Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D K DastoorYour feedback matters!
I have lots of pits & scars due to pimples on my face (cheeks & forehead) which makes me feel low in confidence. Is there any quick & permanent procedure to remove my facial skin & improve my looks. My age is 36 years.
Honey +sugar or lemon +sugar which face mask is better for exfoliating the skin. Which one should I apply?
I have chicken poox marks on my face how these can be cured?(i was suffering from chicken pox last month)
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that is caused due to many reasons. This condition mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too. So, what are the causes of this condition? Read on to find out.
- Skin Cell Development: The general process of skin renewal includes the rise of new skin cells to the surface in a routine and continuous manner. This skin cell development can get hindered due to a number of reasons like DNA damage. When this happens, the dead skin cells accumulate instead of falling off to make space for the new cells, and this can cause a mass of cancerous cells to form.
- Fair Complexion: Having an excessively fair skin tone may point towards lack of melanin or pigment in the skin. This erodes the protection that one naturally gets when exposed to the harmful Ultraviolet rays of the sun. This can increase the risk of contracting melanoma. Also, people with freckles, red or blonde hair, and even blue eyes can fall prey to this condition.
- Location: Your geographic location also matters to a great extent when it comes to this disease. People living closer to the equator have reported increased cases of this disease due to over exposure to Ultraviolet rays. The direct and harsh rays of the Sun can also lead to this condition.
- History: When you have a history of sunburns or if you are particularly susceptible to them, then you may end up with melanoma. Blistering sunburns and too many moles can also lead to this condition. Dysplastic nevi or many unusual modes with irregular shape, size and colour also indicate an increased risk of falling prey to melanoma. Also, if you have had a family history of this disease, then there are chances of contracting the same, as you may have inherited the carrier gene too.
- Immune System: Much like many other diseases and cancers, this condition also greatly depends on the state of your immune system. Patients who have recently recovered from organ transplants, other such procedures, and diseases can find themselves at the weak end of their immunity, which makes them susceptible to such kinds of cancer.
Melanoma should be treated in a proper way by a specialist from the Oncology department.
I am 19 years old boy. I had pimples which went away with time but their dark marks have remained. Also my skin is little dull. The skin below the eyes have got dull over time. What should I do to remove this marks and tighten my skin.
Hello. Doctor I ask you one question. My skin so dark so can I use Redyance skin whitening cream if is really effective? I saw this cream on Facebook. please suggest me.
Hello sir/madam I apply coconut oil to my beard too look shining I usually apply at the night and wash in the morning when I was applying it is attaching to my cheeks skin and lips my brother said that coconut oil makes you darker is it real I mean my skin and lips gets dark.
I had chickenpox last month n now I am fyn bt the spots r still left on my face how should I remove it.
Hello, since one year, I have noticed blackening of my elbows. Is there a natural way to cure it. Just for information, I have been working for 32 years, and been placing elbows on working table. But now I am retired, and the black marks are now more and more visible. Please advise.
I am 28years old woman I got some black spots near eyes I also have dark circles but that black spot look ugly. I am using biluma cream but you don't see any difference. What should I do.
I am 26 years old male I have dirty black sign on the surface of the mouth. It give me pain when I compress on it. Please tell me a process to became healthy.
I am 25 years old there was a dark black spot on my head its a sunburn. What should I do? and I am 5feet 10.5inch I want more taller what should I do?
Hello Respected Doctors, My face is kind of oily type due to which the my nose on upper and cheeks get filled with some oily type stuff, when I press it they comes out which smells bad. And also I'm disturbed due to small hairs visible on top of my nose, which can be seen clearly. I remove them with my nails which gets out easily but in few days the grows back. Please help me please.
HiI am a 20 year old girl and I have dark lips which I can't used pink on my lips cause when I applied them it dn't hide the darkness instead I looks more darker than before. So which colour of Maybelline babylips should I used to hide it?
I have pimple since i'm 15 years, now I'm 17 but the pimple and scars doesn't reduce. What can I do?
Lemon is a natural cleanser and it has anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties. The acidic properties of the lemon helps to lighten your skin and also removes dead skin cells.
Take a slice of freshly cut lemon and rub it on the underarms daily before taking bath.
Apply some moisturizer after bath because lemon can cause skin dryness.
Another option is, make a paste by adding 2 teaspoons of turmeric to lemon juice.
Apply this paste to your underarms and leave it on for 10 minutes, then wash it off with water.