Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. D J VoraYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I'm 28 week pregnant today I'm having vaginal pain at 22 week I have cervix stitch from past 3 week I'm on progesterone injection im taking susten 200, cc74, richer, ultra d3. Then why is vagina pain. Urine culture is normal, vaginal swab is also normal please help me out.
Food craving is absolutely normal during pregnancy. Junk food craving is a cause of concern, be it a pizza or a doughnut or any other junk food you can think of.
From the very onset of your pregnancy to delivery, you and your baby are undergoing constant changes. Major ones are:
- Food cravings
- Your weight
- Blood pressure fluctuation
- Blood sugar levels
- Mood swings
The following are the Do's and Dont's to ensure that your food cravings are healthy and benefit you and young one!
- Absence of Whole Grain: Fibre is a nutrient essential for energy and also helps in smooth bowel movements. The doughnut or pizza base does not have whole fibre even if they claim to, so there are more chances of you having bouts of constipation.
- Salt from Mayonnaise and Sauces: Without an extra blob of mayonnaise that Sub sandwich will not taste as good and moreover it has high amount of salt, which is just not friendly to a fluctuating blood pressure, it may also cause swollen feet due to water retention in your body.
- Limited Nutrient Quotient: Junk food has very limited meat or vegetables. The major portion of any junk food is the fattening, less nutrient cheese. This will surely affect the nutrient intake of the expecting mother and her baby.
- Sugars and Fats: Many expecting mothers have a craving for nibbling chocolates at unearthly hours. Foods high in sugar are known to cause mood swings and irritations. This could shoot up your blood pressure or even include gestational diabetes as a chain reaction.
- Expecting Mother to the Baby: By eating all the fast food which is fully loaded with sugar, salt and fat; rest assured it goes directly to the baby. Babies born obese and with other health disorders, tend to develop associated health disorders in their growing years or later on in life.
Tips to Stop Junk Food Cravings?
'You are what you eat' and so is your unborn baby. To make sure both of you get the rightly balanced, healthy, good nutrition, it is very important that you completely avoid fast food during pregnancy. Some tips to tackle junk food cravings:
- Clean your Kitchen Stock: Get rid of all junk food in the house and stock it up with healthy snacks – preferably organic. You can opt for baked options, rather than fried. Buying an oven is an excellent idea, so that you can make and eat tasty, healthy and nutritious snacks at home without preservatives and additives.
- Snack on Fruits and Nuts: These are so much better than artificially prepared munch bites you get from the local supermarkets. Have fruits and always keep dry fruits handy to fulfil the craving in you. Always eat fruits as soon as you cut them, as they lose their nutrients soon after they are cut.
- Photograph Therapy: Put up a nice, huge photograph of a curvy you, prior to pregnancy. The more you eat now, the harder you will have to struggle to get back into shape after delivery hence; this will surely make you strong enough to escape the lure of junk food.
It is important for you to always keep a watch on your pregnancy diet what you eat and want to eat. If you can't, do take the help of a family member or a friend to keep you away from junk food.
I am 23 female having hypothyroid. Taking 50 mcg tablet and i am doing daily exercise. And i am recover from constipation. Still having irregular periods. Is this a life time problem. When i am going to stop the tablets. I cannot tolerate this to take life time tablets. Please give some suggestion to get recover fully from this.
Dear sir I have question that I am going to do sex with my gf without condom. So sir what should I do for her so that they can not get any problem . Is any method or medicine available. To do sex without protection without any risk.
Got the last period on 18 march and was waiting for next cycle but. While doing pregnancy test at home through pregnancy kit; it seems positive as red line appeared as C. Is it confirm that she is pregnant. If yes. Please advice to get rid of this as we do not want the babe right now.
I'm 24 years. I had taken unwanted 72 on 3rd October around 3 hours of sex. My last period was on 15 th September and I was expecting periods on 13th October. Still I didn't get periods. How long periods can be delayed and am I pregnant?
Hi doctor, 2 years before I took misoprostol 3 times difrance of 4 or 5 months .and now I am trying to conceive but not possible. I got checkup but everything is normal. Then what is this problem to get pregnant. Please help me. And tell me proper medicine to get pregnant fastly. My age 23 years.
I did not have feelings and I can not make my husband happy what should I do to make me feel my husband.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition related to a woman’s endocrine system. Generally, this disorder is characterised by an imbalance of the sex hormones (oestrogen and progesterone), which leads to the development of multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include acne, irregular menstrual cycle and depression to name a few.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
1. Increased amount of insulin secretion- Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
2. Lower inflammation levels- The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate polycystic ovaries, thereby producing more androgens.
3. Genetic factor- If you have a family history of PCOS, it’s highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
How To Live with PCOS
PCOS comes with numerous side effects like acne, obesity, infertility, excessive facial or body hair among others. There are certain lifestyle changes, which you may consider to manage PCOS and minimise its side effects.
1. Change your diet - Opt for a low carbohydrate, low sugar diet to keep your insulin levels in control, as insulin is responsible for increasing the severity of PCOS symptoms.
2. Try to maintain an ideal body weight - Obesity is known for worsening insulin resistance, and you can prevent this by regularly keeping your weight in check. You can practice some easy at-home exercise to reduce weight besides having a balanced diet.
3. Get yourself checked regularly - Visit a doctor and get yourself checked regularly for potential health risks as PCOS is often associated with increased chances of diabetes, heart diseases, certain forms of cancer, hypertension, and high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
4. Join a support group - Joining a PCOS support group will help you cope with your emotional difficulties, while helping you to live a better life by cultivating an optimistic outlook.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi I am 27 years old and I am 5 days late to period . My last date of period is 20-6-2016 and on July 25 I checked for pregnancy it is negative. Doctor suggested me to take cap. Hald sr for getting periods . I am confused actually I am trying for pregnancy. What shall I do now should I use tablet for getting periods, or wait for few days for confirmation. please help me.
Hi, I am female 23 years old, suffering from bone TB and at present she is pregnant. Her weight is 35 kg and body structure is very lean and skinny. Although its first month after testing via prega news kit, I need help in regards that shall we go for baby. As her bone TB course duration is 1.5 years and she had completed only 6 months. Beside her health is not good but she wants baby and just because of her poor health I am afraid of any miss happening towards the life of baby and my wife. Please guide me.
Hii I am 24 I had unprotected sex on 02.02. 16 had taken I pill 04.02. 16 before 53 hr, my last date of period was 20.01. 16 pls reply when my will period come in this month.
Hi sir sir/madam I want to ask 1 questions dt is having sex with an pregnant lady is it right And pls tell me the fine week or month to have an sex Actually I have sex 2 day in a week is it harmful for our baby My wife is now on 7th month of pregnancy stage.
Hello Doctors, My girlfriend (24 years) is experiencing itching in left breast and a tiny lump in right breast, she is about to have her period after two days, is it due to PMS or she have to go for checkup Some times a transparent white discharge comes out from nipple after squeezing the breast Please help!
What reason about baby girl 2 kg weight? And after birth three day can not come feeding and my baby has expired. Why it happen? I can eat very well during pregnancy but I lost my child.
Dysmenorrhea is a common complaint nowadays to get relieved from it prepare cumin decoction at home and drink twice on the first and second day of the period.
Cumin decoction preparation method:
Boil one glass water add one tsp of cumin seeds and stir it then add a pinch of salt, turmeric, and carom seeds.