Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Chowdhari Jimit NareshYour feedback matters!
I have cylindrical as well as axis(170` and 180 `) powers but using these powers in specs i m not comfortable.I feel that axis powers makes me uncomfortable so can i use specs with no axis powers ? moreover i think that as i live in kota, i don't get nutritious food which makes my vision weaker but when i go to my home ant get healthy food, my vision improves and improves upto (-0.5 : number decreases) in just about 30 days. In this case what should i do ? have eye test in every 30 days and change specs or what? what is the substitute? please answer.
My eye sight is 1.25. The doctor advise me to wear glass. But I dnt want. If m not wear d glass, did the eye sight no. Goes high? Bz most pple tell that the glass is nt a solution. The no. Goes high. please give suggestion.
I am 25yr old female. I work for a software company. Sometimes my eyes feel very stressed and get headache. What should I do?
I have distant vision problem. Left = -1.75 and Right = -1.25. Want to correct my eyes to 6/6 without undergoing any operation, what to do?
Having eye sight and want to remove the glasses so please help me Tell me how to decrease eye sight.
I am wearing specs/temporary lens for long tightness. I want to get operated for the same. I had my check ups for it. Everything is OK for operation. But I had a glaucoma in my family history.(grand father). So what do you suggest. Is glucauma have any effect on this operation.
I am 20 year s old I have eyesight and hair loss problem so please give me suggestions to reduce it.
Respected Dr. I am 28 years old having specs I just want to remove it Improve my vision please Suggest. Exercise or Food or medicine for it.
After Lasik laser treatment for how much time I will have to face side effect like dry eyes. For whole life:(. Or will it be ok like normal eyes?
My left eye blinks continuously from the past 3days I would like to have a solution for this if possible.
Hiii. I'm omprakash. Mujhe eyes me problem rehta h. Pain rahta h.dryness feel hota h bcoj me online smart phone pe business karta hu. So please advice me how I be free from this problem.
How to solve my eyes problem when I can't see long distance things properly and just through out the water into the eyes feel very painful and disappointed what can I do.
I have res eyes always. After eating or little physical work it becomes more red. What to do please suggest. It is all time not seasonal. M worried.
I'm 23 old. Since from 4 years I m suffering from the aquit headache. Sometimes my head vibrates. Eyes sight got weak little bit. Can't concentrate on one thing.
I have sore eyes. Watching TV leads to irritation. Can not read or work on computers. please advice.
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.