Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chokani OmprakashYour feedback matters!
Sir .my lipid profile and blood sugar report as under. blood sugar (f) 132.7 mg/dl Total cholesterol 178.9 Hdl 46.1 Ldl 91.86 Vldl 40.94 Trig204. 7 Several times I am suffering fm colitis. Please advice sir.
I have blood pressure problems what I can do for the problems. Give me details of solution for my problems. And I have low height and heart is so weak.
At what interval stress test can be done after a satisfactory stress test report. I have heard that stress test is a best indicator of cardiac Heath. Please inform us the at what interval one should go for stress test?
I am a 24 year old girl. I recently had my ecg at the ER room. The print of ecg was written possible artery enlargement but after doctor saw the electrical prints they said my report are normal. Is there anything to worry about?
I am 33 yrs old male suffering from gastric, head pain, headache, left side back chest pain weakness mostly after eating. My liver is enlarged and there is increment in bldg cholesterol n serum triglyceride. What should I do?
I eat rice and it growth side effect like cholesterol and fat so doctor please suggest me what kind of food can I eat for losing my fat and cholesterol.
I'm 24 years old. My stomach doesn't work properly. When I take some food, I feel burden on my heart. How does I digest my food?
Dear Sir, My father has Khujli or Kharajvu on his feet. If he tries to take medicine, he is affected by heart attack. So he is unable to do anything and it is as it is from 5 years. This question is for dermatologist.
I am suffering from chronic pain and chest pain I didn't use any tablets for this tell any other process to cure.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.