Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitwan DhubeyYour feedback matters!
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert doctor.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurring vision: Both blurring vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
- Less movement of baby: Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
From last 4-5 months my periods not coming properly. Last time I get my proper periods on 19th, March since march my periods are always being regular with proper bleeding and i'll bleed 6-7 days in periods and it comes at the gap of 25-26 days. But after March my periods date was disturbed sometimes it comes at the gap of 21-22 days it was too early and sometimes its 34-35 days. It all happens to me first time and after march i'll not bleed properly like my usual periods sometimes it was just a spotting. Or sometimes scanty bleeding for 2-3 days. And most important thing is it very much different from my regular periods. Its a dark brown colour or we can say very thick blackish bleed. I'm very much tensed. Help me what to do ?
It's not thrush or an STI, what is it? Just to give a bit of background, im 16 years old and female and lately there has been a lot of abnormal discharge from my vagina, it is a yellowy colour and quite thick and stringy, it also itches and is very painful when beginning sex. I went to a clinic to get a full STI check to be on the safe.
I am 24 years old female and hav 1 years old daughter. Since my delivery was an operation I need to knw hw many days after periods is safe for sex so tat I will not get pregnant soon.
If I had sex and I have put my penis once in the girls point is it a chance of having her pregnant? Do we require protective aid to avoid it or its ok to have it?
I am unmarried, 21 years old. Full past year I didn't receive any periods. And in july 2015 only single day I have my period. And its been 2 months my periods didn't come again. I have facial hairs also. Is it a premenopause or hormonal imbalance? what to do please suggest.
I am 2 and half month pregnant can I take milk in my diet. Is it ok for me in first trimester or it will cause any problem. Pls tell me what food I have to add in my diet.
The lungs are made of tubes through, which air passes in and out for exchange of gases, taking in alveoli. It is a disease of alveoli to which finer air conducting tubes are attached. Over a period of time, with age and exposure to various agents, these tubules get obstructed. The amount of air that can pass through these is reduced, leading to reduced oxygen supply to the lungs and thereby the various body organs.
The symptoms of COPD can be easily understood if we realize how COPD is caused. The progressive blockage of the air tubes causes less oxygen to reach the tissues, which is the most essential agent for all tissues and organs to function. Reduced supply produces a generalized limitation in physical activity. There are two main components to COPD - chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The symptoms indicative of COPD are as follows:
- Chronic cough: Also referred to as smoker's cough, the cough is relentless and does not subside with regular cough treatment. This is one of the first indications of COPD.
- Mucus buildup: There is constant buildup of mucus which gets expelled during coughing. The person never feels completely clear of mucus, and the regular cough expectorants do not help relieve the symptoms.
- Fatigue associated with limited activity: As noted earlier, the reduced capacity of the organs limits their activities. Therefore, regular activities like walking short distances or climbing stairs can induce fatigue.
- Shortness of breath: The above fatigue is associated with shortness of breath, even with small physical exertion. A person with COPD will see marked tiredness and reduced ability to perform routine chores and feel a tightness in the chest.
- Wheezing: Passage of air through the obstructed air tubes produces a whistling sound or wheezing. It is more pronounced when there is mucus accumulation in the airways.
While there is no cure for COPD, once it sets, the following are some ways to slow its progression and reduce severity of the symptoms:
- Bronchodilators: Dilate the air tubes and ease flow of air
- Corticosteroids: Help reduce inflammation and thereby improve airflow through the tubes
- Flu vaccination: Helps curb the frequent flu attacks
- Antibiotics: To contain infections
- Pulmonary rehabilitation: A combination of breathing exercise and patient education to improve lung function.
- Oxygen therapy: In very severe cases, oxygen may be required.
- Lifestyle changes: Eating healthy foods, preventing exposure to dust and smoke, quitting smoking, breathing exercises, bi-annual medical check-ups to monitor lung functions are essential. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
I am 8 months pregnant. My heart is beating very fast. And I am feeling breathlessness. All my body is shivering. This is happening daily. Please suggest what should I do.
Low libido in men has become a serious concern nowadays as is evident from the increased demand for male infertility medicines in the market. These modern medicines focus on suppressing the symptoms of the problem rather than cure the root cause of the problem. Ayurveda can help you get a deeper understanding of these issues regarding male health and also provide a permanent cure with herbs and proper diet guidelines.
Low libido can lead to infertility and hamper your relationship. Male infertility is the end result of a poor diet that overuses bitter, salty, sour and spicy ingredients, emotional pressure, aging, improper fasting, suppressing urges, excessive exercising, and genetic factors. General stress and worrying in life might cause lack of interest in spending time with your partner. Ayurveda provides herbal remedy for male infertility and brings back the happiness and closeness in your relationship. Herbs have the power to treat male weaknesses at their root and help in faster recovery.
This is the most popular herb that is used in the Ayurvedic treatment for male infertility. It has the ability to cure the ailments of the reproductive system. It has an abundance of folate which metabolises protein faster. It contains lots of iron of vitamin E; both of these nutrients are beneficial for the good physical health of males. It directly raises the testosterone levels. Consuming this herb will elevate the youth hormones in your body and rejuvenate your reproductive system to remove any weakness and debilities. Increase the consumption of green vegetables with consumption of the asparagus herb to eliminate your troubles faster by improving the flow of blood and enhance the supply of nutrients.
Shilajit is a very powerful herb that provides long-lasting energy, vitality, and stamina. It improves the hormonal secretions and promotes the release of growth hormones in proper regulation. Optimum availability of such hormones helps in keeping males active, energised and fit. It also promotes longevity and slows down the aging process. Shilajit is known for its anti-aging properties. It is loaded with antioxidants which are good for reducing the damage of cells and tissues. It supplements about 85 different kinds of nutrients in the form of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and proteins. Shilajit strengthens the bones, speeds up tissue generation and balances the flow of energy all over the body. This herb is a powerful aphrodisiac that raises the sperm count and greatly recovers male fertility. It not only improves the libido but provides all-around strength.
3. Ras Sindoor
Ras Sindoor is another important herb that can treat sexual weakness in men and improve vitality and strength. This herb is a source of many mineral and bioactive nutrients. It is a natural remedy formale libido weakness. It cures general debility and low energy levels which slow the functioning process of the body. It is a powerful cleanser of the blood. The nutrients in this herb cleanse the blood of harmful compounds and traces of pollutants and metals. Ras Sindoor is used in many supplements for its ability to increase power and stamina in males.
4. Abhrak Bhasma
Abhrak Bhasma is highly beneficial herb to increase the rate of tissue generation in the male body. It is one of the best herbs for the treatment of male infertility. It protects the body from illnesses and helps in the faster recovery from weaknesses. It promotes the growth of T cells and phagocytes which are good for a healthy immune system. This herb helps in reversing the damage done by wrong practices earlier that had a negative impact on the male genitals and caused weaknesses. The Abhrak Bhasma should be used by males to gain healthy tissues and organs.
All these herbs provide an effective herbal remedy for male infertility and give rise to the male libido. Ayurvedic medicines are beneficial for the human body as it has no side-effects and provides permanent cures to all kinds of physical weaknesses.
Ath Ayurdhamah is dedicated to restoring and maintaining the lost balance between physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health, through the understanding and practice of age-old systems of Ayurveda and Yoga. Our strength lies in understanding the body and its performance at constitutional level and that is what we apply to our Remedies.
Hi doctor, Can you please tell me a solution for PCOD I am in treatment past 1 year but still not reducing and past 2 months I didn't get my periods.
Nutrition for young mother
Mother is the sun of the family, thus, she gives energy and life to the whole universe. The role of mother is most important amongst all the roles played by a woman.
The gratitude and appreciation cannot end till we all die because as we all know the first process of motherhood is named well as labour pains. As all mothers always only worry and focus on the health and system of whole family but a healthy mother can only take care and bring up a healthy family, Therefore all the women should give important to their health to the same level as to family members, we should specially focus on young mothers more as the whole body and life gets a turn of 360 degree in terms of:
Body and lifestyle.
Like pregnancy, adequate nutrition of mother during lactation is of vital importance, as for almost next 6 months the infant is going get all his nutrition from mother's milk, thus, a young lactating mother needs extra nutrients to meet the baby's needs in addition to her own requirements. If the mother is malnourished, the secretions of milk are maintained at the cost of her own body reserves.
Thus, a complete well-balanced diet is important for a successful lactation ,where the breastfeed infant is growing well and maintaining appropriate biochemical indexes of nutritional status of mother and baby both.
Changes in terms of nutritional needs and hormones are very high in young mothers
Energy: During first 6 months of lactation an additional 600 kcal per day is needed and later this reduces to approx 400kcal per day.
: Calcium requirement during lactation grows high due to added stress to the body of producing milk.
1000mg per day of calcium should be taken to satisfy both mother and baby needs.
: to maintain the volume of milk and portion of casein (milk protein) an additional amount of almost 15-18g per day should be added to the diet, during first 6 months.
For good quality protein has milk and milk products, egg, nuts, pulses, fish and chicken.
: As the basic calcium, protein and carbohydrate contents are maintained in the milk at cost of mother's body reserves, the vitamins like A, B, B2, b3, C, folic acid, vitamin-D, and vitamin B12 are if less in nursing mother's diet, then an evident nutritional deficiency can be observed in the infants health too.
: A supplement of vitamin-D (10µg/d) is recommended for women who avoid milk and other foods fortified with vitamin-D. Similarly, a supplement of vitamin B12 (2.6 µg/d) is recommended for completely vegetarian mothers.
Limitation in one nutrition may be a marker for another nutrient inadequacies (e.g. iron and foliate deficiencies often coexist)
The amount of water and liquids in a diet is also very important for sufficient secretion of about 850 ml milk/day.
If it is very hard to penetrate a girl even after trying for hours does it mean she is virgin? Can a non virgin fake her virginity by blocking penis entry by compressing vaginal muscles?
Allergic Rhinitis or hay fever is a hypersensitive condition that causes irritation of the mucous membranes covering the nasal hole which leads to allergic reactions and symptoms. This aggravation happens when a person interacts with something that he or she is allergic to. This could be dust or smoke or any solid scent. This issue happens more regularly in the pre-winter and spring season as the dust particles are in the air during that season. However, here are a few homeopathic treatments with which one can cure this problem. You must ensure that these medicines are prescribed only by a doctor before you consume them:
- Allium Cepa: When there is watery release or discharge from the eyes alongside a runny nose, Allium Cepa is one of the best homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever. The watery release from the nose is thin and harsh. In the meantime, the release from the eyes is a little thick. The eyes become red and are sensitive to light in such a condition.
- Arsenic Album: In situations where there is serious thirst and the patient feels really weak, Arsenic Album is one of the best Homeopathic medications for Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever. There might be anxiety and uneasiness with fever.
- Natrum Mur: In situations where there is a lot of sniffling and the symptoms begin with wheezing, Natrum Mur is very effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines for or allergic rhinitis. There is a lot of dryness of the mouth and the mucous membrane.
- Merc Sol: When the patient cannot endure warm or cold surroundings, Merc Sol is extremely effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines for allergic rhinitis or hay fever. There is a great amount of wheezing and watery release from the nose. This aggravates in clammy or wet climate. Increased sweating is another sign in order to take this medicine. There is a lot of salivation in the mouth.
- Arundo: At times when the symptoms start with extreme itching on the tongue as well as the nose, Arundo is especially suited to the case and is one of the best homeopathic prescriptions for allergic rhinitis or hay fever. There is a great deal of itching and tingling in the nose, the eyes and the top of the mouth. The feeling of smell gets to be distinctly lessened.
Homeopathy is best set to treat a wide range of hypersensitivities, allergies, infections and diseases. The purpose behind this is it does not attempt to treat the side effects of the hypersensitivities. Rather, it attempts to find the reason behind them and cure it from its roots. The main driver in sensitivities happens to be a hyperactivity of the immune system. This hyperactive immune system goes into an overdrive when it interacts with specific things and causes such allergic reactions.
PCOD or Polycystic Ovary disease is one of the most common hormonal disorders faced by women today. The trigger for PCOD varies from person to person, and can range from poor diet and stress to fluctuating insulin and hormonal disturbances. PCOD patients have an enlarged ovary with a number of small follicular cysts. If you or a loved one has PCOD, here are a few things you should know.
Acknowledge the symptoms
PCOD is hard to diagnose. Some of its symptoms are irregular periods, high insulin levels, abnormal hair growth, low thyroid, acne, obesity and high blood pressure. Checkups at regular intervals are needed to confirm a PCOD.
A change in lifestyle is the best form of medication
Medication for PCOD addresses its symptoms. For example, you could take medication to correct Insulin resistance or pills to control acne and hair growth. However, a lifestyle change in the form of a well balanced diet and regular exercise is essential for PCOD patients. In terms of diet, PCOD sufferers should have lesser carbohydrates and sugars, and increased amounts of fiber and protein. Exercise helps control weight and the balance between male and female hormones. PCOD patients also need to find ways to lower their stress levels. Yoga and meditation can be very helpful to this effect. Without this, no medication will be effective.
If left untreated PCOD can lead to many other problems
Diagnosing PCOD is difficult and even when diagnosed, regular checkups are essential for PCOD. When left unchecked, PCOD can lead to many more problems such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and even endometrial cancer. PCOD can also result in difficulties at the time of conception and lead to miscarriages if not treated properly.
You can have a baby even if you have PCOD
A PCOD diagnosis can make it hard to get pregnant, but does not limit your ability to conceive a healthy baby. If the patient has fertility problems because of PCOD, doctors often prescribe treatments to stimulate the ovaries into producing more eggs. Women with PCOD are often recommended to plan an early pregnancy, as advancing age adds to the limited capacity of the ovaries.
Lastly, know that you aren't alone and PCOD should not embarrass you. Instead of bottling up your feelings and thoughts, find supportive friends and family members that you can talk to. You can also find support online through a number of discussion forums.
Hi Doctors, I am 8 week 6 day pregnant and on Monday brown discharge came like little and done scanning baby was OK and doctor gave me system tablet today that is Wednesday dark brown discharge coming help me please no pain and giddiness is there.
I had sex with my fiancee. And both of us are ready for anal sex. But when we tried. She was suffering from lot of pain from a bit intercourse. Advice me any medicine or any injection that would reduce pain during intercourse?
Omega-3 fatty acids are extremely beneficial in preventing inflammation in your body and provide significant health benefits. It is important to get a proper source of omega-3 because our bodies do not produce them naturally. Hence, we are dependent on supplements and pills to help provide the necessary amount of omega-3 required.
Unfortunately, fish is considered to be the best source for omega-3 fatty acids making it difficult for vegetarians and people who don’t have a preference for fish to obtain omega-3. There are other ways to include omega-3 in your daily diet, apart from fish, to help your body get the right amount.
Soybeans provide consistent means of getting omega 3 vitamins, as compared to marine life. Since the supply of fish is highly unreliable, it is essential to obtain omega 3 vitamins through a consistent land based means. Soybeans is easier to obtain and grow and has a higher shelf life than fish.
Spinach is one of the most healthiest vegetables to consume, containing high source of protein and fiber. Spinach also has omega 3 vitamins which provide a good alternative for vegetarians. One cup of cooked spinach contains 371mg of omega 3 fatty acids. No wonder spinach is ranked at the top of the world’s healthiest edible items.
We have already written about the benefits of walnuts when it comes to dieting and leading a healthy lifestyle. But did you know walnuts also have high omega 3 content? not only do they provide energy because of their high caloric content and keep you feeling full, walnuts provide an alternative means to get omega 3 vitamins if you are feeling a little lazy to cook.
4. Flax seeds
Flax seeds are a convenient way to get omega 3 and could be consumed in different ways. Although flax seeds contain only one member of the omega 3 fatty acids, alpha-linolenic acid, it has the highest amount of omega 3 found in all edible items apart from fish. Flax seeds can be included in pretty much any dish and make it a high source of omega 3 vitamins.
5. Wild rice
Wild rice is a good substitute for white or brown rice because it contains more antioxidents and is also gluten-free. It has high omega 3 content and is also a much healthier substitute to white rice. Although wild rice is not as readily available as white or brown rice, because of its high nutritional value, it is recommended to include it as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Surprisingly, basil is one of the many herbs found to have high source of omega-3. It also has several significant health benefits because of the anti-oxidants present in them. The anti-oxidants helps in preventing aging by helping your body fight against oxidative stress.
7. Kidney beans
Kidney beans are a great addition to any dish providing it with unique flavour and texture. Although it doesn’t compare to fish in omega-3 content, it provides adequate amount to help your health significantly. It also is a great source of fiber, which helps prevent any digestive problems. Include kidney beans in your diet.