Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra NigooYour feedback matters!
My friend has got her last periods on 30th of may. It's more than 28 days for her next periods. She had an intercourse on 3rd of june (periods was almost over), they even took precautions but now she isn't sure about the evacuation in her anal. Regularly she is feeling unhealthy. Now if the results on testing comes positive then what should they do further to abort it. Please suggest the best and the quickest way to combat the situation.
Hello! I had a pre-term delivery last month on 3 March due to cervical incompetence. I bleed for 21 to 23 days then bleeding stopped. But now after 10 days the bleeding has again started. Is there anything to worry or is it normal and for how many days bleeding will be there?
Which foods may help me in conceiving baby boy. When should we have sex for conceiving baby boy. What are the positions.
Today 11 day after period I am so much tired or too unhealthy. how can I confirm I am pregnant or not?
I had a sex with my girlfriend without a protection and she was running in period, after one day later again I had a sex with my wife without a any protection and that it was bleeding, so due to this do I get infected with any serious disease? Such a like HIV.
Had sex just 2 days before periods date. Then had ipill after 5 days because of no periods. But still no periods for a week. Swelling occurred in legs then had TEXAKIND 500 for three days 6 tablets subah sham. Swelling disappeared but again no periods till date. Again now swelling is reoccurring. It's been 15 days with no periods. Pls suggest.
Hearing that a person is HIV positive instantly makes us wary of him or her and unconsciously we may begin avoiding social interactions with them. However, HIV does not spread through the air or by water and hence there is no reason to ostracize HIV positive people. To understand how to prevent the transmission of HIV it is essential to first understand how the virus is transferred from one person to another. There are three ways in which this virus can be transmitted from an HIV positive person to another. These are:
- Through blood
- Through bodily fluids such as semen and vaginal or rectal fluids
- From a mother to a child
Keeping this in mind, here are a few ways to prevent the transferring of HIV from one person to another.
- Use only Disposable Syringes: Getting pricked by a needle that has been used on a HIV positive patient can increase your risk of suffering from the disease. Hence, insist on using a fresh needle for blood tests etc. Also ensure that the syringe and needle and destroyed after being used.
- Registered Blood Banks: In case you need a blood transfusion, get blood only from registered blood banks. These blood banks need to run HIV screening tests before collecting blood and hence are guaranteed to have only HIV negative blood as opposed to local quacks.
- Use a Condom: The only way to prevent the transference of HIV cells while having intercourse is by using a condom. This is essential not only for vaginal intercourse but for anal intercourse as well.
- Get Tested: Today, an HIV screening test can be easily done and your results are guaranteed to be kept confidential. STDs can increase your risk of getting infected with HIV or spreading it to others. Get tested regularly for STDs and insist that your partners are checked for it as well. This is crucial if you have more than one sexual partner.
- Limit the Number of Sexual Partners: The more number of people you have sex with, the higher your chance of getting infected with the virus and transmitting it to others. Remember, HIV has no overt symptoms that are visible to the naked eye.
HIV cannot be cured but it can be controlled through medication. Hence, if you suffer from this disease, follow the doctor's prescription religiously to prevent transmitting the virus to your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.