Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
During pregnancy, flu (influenza) can impose serious health implications for both the mother and the child. Due to pregnancy, the risk of developing complications like pneumonia are very high, which can pose as a problem during childbirth. Miscarriage, low birth weight, premature birth are some of the major issues, which might develop if the mother has suffered from flu during her pregnancy. Although flu vaccination during pregnancy has certain risks, it has been observed that in most cases the benefits of inactivated influenza vaccine outweigh the risks. However, Live attenuated influenza vaccine is not recommended at all during pregnancy.
Recommendations across the world suggest that prevention of influenza by administration of inactivated influenza vaccine is the best intervention in pregnancy. The vaccine for Flu should be administered before the onset of flu season. RANZCOG, NHS UK, RCOG, FOGSI recommends inactivated flu vaccine for all the pregnant women unless there are any contraindications.
Taking inactivated influenza vaccine can be beneficial in multiple ways:
- Prevents maternal complications: During pregnancy, the heart and lungs go through extra stress. Pregnancy can also severely impact your immune system. Opting for a inactivated flu vaccine can decrease significantly, the chance of falling severely ill due to flu.
- Prevents pregnancy problems due to flu: Getting infected by flu during pregnancy can increase the chance of miscarriage during childbirth. Administering inactivated flu shots can prevent miscarriage as well as premature birth and low birth weight.
- Protects the baby after birth: Infants have a huge risk of getting infected with flu after birth. But as vaccines cannot be administered to them until they are 6 months old, it is the best recourse to opt for inactivated flu shots during pregnancy as the antibodies pass onto the child from the mother via placenta. The child can hence be protected from such diseases.
Often, one fear about the vaccine, is the development of Gullain Barre syndrome. This is very rare and the risk of GBS are higher following influenza like illness. Also, if the patient is allergic to eggs they are advised to consult a physician. Flu vaccines have traces of egg protein in it. Certain precautions are taken after studying the patient's medical history. The doctor may keep the patient under observation. Or in certain instances the physician might suggest alternative flu vaccine, which do not contain egg protein. Physicians decide it after studying any prior allergic reaction.
As per the WHO SAGE position paper, from 1990 to 2009 the vaccine adverse event reporting system database in USA reported only 20 serious adverse events following administration of trivalent influenza vaccine to an estimated 11.8 million pregnant women.
Oats and whole grain biscuits are good or not. I have a habit of eating biscuits with in the morning. please suggest..
I always get cramps in my stomach during periods. Is there any permanent solution to it? Because it is unbearable?
I am having my period regularly but my breast is increasing and upper part of stomach too. I had sex on 27 jan 2015 but after that i did not have sex and had two regular periods Is there any possibility of pregnancy or it is other illness. I am 42 year of age. Please suggest.
I am 46 yeas, Till last year I was having my periods at 26 days interval but since 1 year it is 22 to 24 days but this month I had once in 10 days pls suggest me what should I do I am also suffering from sever mood swing, uncontrollable crying spells, I am taking ashwagandha tablets from last 2 months.
My wife is pregnant 14 week end today What is the positions for doing sex in this moment If you have position images please share me.
How to prevent from pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. Is tablets are helpful to prevent. Please advise me. What are the symptoms for pregnancy. When will the symptoms find from the day of intercourse.
I am 33 years old lady. I am 8 week pregnant now. I had a problem that the counting of heart beat is 115 what to do? is it normal?
When I start my bleeding period, I have very much pain in the stomach. And my menstrual cycle stop for about 6-9 days. What should I do? Is there any problem?
What we want to have when pregnancy of 8month to increase baby weight and how much weight does have in that time
Iam 25years iam suffering from pcod and thyroid problem irregular periods please give any suggestions to solve this problem.
I am 25 years old female last 10 years am suffering with PCOD problem because of that I got periods irregularly 2 months, 6 months, 1 year am unmarried I consult many more doctors I used many hormonal tablets 3 months 6 months of courses but I don't get any result and I becomes fatty my hight is 5.4 and my wight is 70. How can I get relive from this problem in natural way.
I have irregular periods. I used to usually get after 3 months sometimes. I had done FH, LH, thyroid test which resulted in high thyroid hormone = 14.49. I have been taking thyroxine sodium tablets 25mcg since 2 years, but my periods remained irregular. But months decreased by a months. So I have periods in every 2 months. Now I did ultrasound with these results Uterus = normal in size shape and echotexture. No focal lesions seen. ET = 6mm midline Right ovary = normal size (8.5cc) shape and echotexture Left ovary normal size (8.7cc) shape and echotexture No POD fluid found. I even had other tests like T3= 2.91nmol/L T4=112.7nmol/L Tsh=3.32 uIU/ml LH = 14.48mIU/ml FSH = 8.88miU/ml PRL = 10.87ng/ml HbA1C = 5.9% Mean blood glucose = 123mg/dl The gynecologist said I am at the borderline of PCOS. And gave medication of MET 500 SRMG Tab Medroxy progesterone 10mg M2 tone Tab I wanted to know do I need to worry about anything? I read few articles on PCOS and found something on cysts. Do I have it? Will I have fertility problems? Can this be treated and cured. Will I have to take medications for life? I am now 24years 5.2 height, 63.8kg weight. My hair is getting thinner and gained weight in 2 months ie. From 60 to 63.8.
Hi Dr, I have one more question, I am 35 years old married woman with two daughter's, I want to know is anal sex good or bad, my husband sometimes does anal sex with me, I allow him because he loves doing it, but I don't enjoy so much, I allow him as I don't have choice, pls tell me is anal sex good or bad.
I got married last 7 months and we are continuously sex without any protection, but still my wife is not get pregnant and also my sperm comes out after sex from my wife. please explain me the reason or advice me for any solution.
I have severe pain during my periods. And lower back pain also happening. So what to do. Tell me some permanent cure.
Ayurveda is a proven ancient life science that has been curing long term and often, debilitating diseases with a focus on methods like Panchakarma (comprising of pre-Panchakarma treatments like snehan oiling of the body with medicated preparations and swedan medicated steam), oral herbal medications and other tweaks in one's lifestyle that can help in combating the symptoms and advent of diseases.
Shirodhara is one of the methods followed by Ayurveda, which is said to stimulate the pituitary gland or 'third eye' that focuses on pouring warm medicated oil or medicinal decoctions on a certain point on one's forehead for a focused form of therapy followed by a relaxing head massage.
Let us find out the various benefits of Shirodhara:
- Awakening: With this method of oil flow, it is said that the 'third eye' or the pituitary gland gets activated to a degree where awakening of the senses takes place in the true form of the term. Hormones secreted from the pituitary gland the master gland of the body, help control growth, blood pressure, certain functions of the sex organs, thyroid glands and metabolism as well as some aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, nursing, water and salt concentration and the kidneys, temperature regulation and pain relief. This encourages overall better health as the organs also respond and function in a better manner.
- Good for Nervous System: This treatment also helps in stimulating and relaxing the right nerves in the right way which restores the balance the Praan Vaayu . So, the cerebral system also works in a better manner and cognition thrives, leading to a good and healthy state of the nervous system.
- Mental Clarity: When there is clear headedness and a proper balance and flow of chemicals within the brain and the various parts of the body, then there is a better state of mental clarity that the patient can achieve. This can be done with the help of shirodhara as it activates the requisite glands which can produce a more favourable and balanced state of mind. As a consequence, the patient will find that the quality of concentration and productivity as far as various tasks are concerned, will also go up by leaps and bounds.
- Treats Hair Loss: This focussed treatment takes on the hair follicles as well, thanks to the concoction of herbs and oils which is allowed to flow on to the scalp. This can help in preventing and repairing hair loss and hair damage to a great extent due to the nourishment and prolonged treatment method with which the oil is allowed to penetrate deep into the scalp and provide good health to the roots.
- Improves Sleep: This form of oilation therapy is also known to help a person sleep better because the mental faculties work better during the day and this restores the natural rhythm of the body by night, when the right amount of fatigue is achieved thanks to the healing properties of this procedure.
Thus, Shirodhara is a wholesome treatment for the body, mind and soul. Practice Shirodhara on a regular basis for good overall health.