Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hair Fall
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra NayakYour feedback matters!
My age is 20 years I am losing my hair continuously please suggest me some tips to control the hair loss.
My inner thighs near and behind Scortom, sweats a lot and feel like itching all day and I can't stop to rub, it resulted in scratches and very itching. How to cure it.
I am 28 years old and a mother of 2 year old kid. I have got thyroid since my pregnancy and am taking 100 mg thyrox daily for that. I am facing severe hair fall, rough & dullness in hair. Please help me doctor.
Hi I am 19 years old. My hair is getting white in color .what is the reason? And what should I do ?plz give me some solution plz,
What is the disease called alopecia? How can be this treated? Does this can occur more than once during a life period?
I wants to fair my face and my face is lite oily so. Which soap or cream is used to fair it. Thanx to reply my last answer.
Prepare a powdered mixture of coriander seeds, fennel, basil, turmeric and Indian gooseberry (amla) in equal parts. Take ½ teaspoon of this powder 15 minutes before lunch and dinner.
Have 1 teaspoon of powdered Indian gooseberry fruit (amla) in morning and evening with water.
Take one teaspoon of coriander juice mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder. Drink twice daily.
Is sesame is beneficial for hair fall or dandruff and which oil is better for these type of symptoms.
Hi doctor I am 23 year old male. How can I get full beard. I am getting beard on both jaw sides, but not getting on chin. I am very weak having 52 kilos.
What are the possible reasons for hair loss? How to confirm if I have a cyst. I am 35 and is it possible to have a dense hair?
I am a 15 year old girl. I am having skin problems in summer. Red rashes due to itchiness irritates me a lot. Is there any home remedy to cure this problem? I have used dettol also But there is no positive result.
Everyone loves healthy shiny hair. But in today's world many people are suffering from hair loss. Hair loss could be because of number of reasons such as aging, too much stress, smoking, hormonal imbalance, infections, use of wrong hair products, genetic factors and nutritional imbalances.
Our scalp consists of about 100,000 strands of hair and it is normal to lose 50 to 100 strands a day. It is only when you start losing more than that some medical intervention is required.
PREVENTION OF HAIR LOSS
First of all, it is very important to detect the root cause of your hair loss at an early stage. Once it is detected, it becomes easy to treat it. Following home remedies can be tried to prevent it at first stage:
- Avoid excessive or chronic stress or at least learn to release your stress.
- Avoid "crash diets" for rapid weight loss.
- Quit excessive smoking.
- In case of any hormonal imbalance see your doctor immediately who will then advise you to undergo proper treatment.
- Observe if any medicine you are taking is leading to hair fall. Call upon your doctor to replace it with some other medicine.
- Eat a healthy diet with enough proteins, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamin, and minerals to support healthy hair growth.
- Make sure you receive enough iron to avoid symptoms causing anaemia. Avoid overdose of vitamin A.
HAIR FALL TREATMENT
There are a couple of treatments available for hair loss which includes medications, surgery, laser therapy, and wigs or hairpieces.
There are only two medications available to treat pattern baldness which are FDA approved. These medicines are:
- Minoxidil (Rogaine). Minoxidil is an over-the-counter liquid or foam that you need to apply onto your scalp. This is to be applied twice a day to grow hair and to prevent further hair loss. It takes at least 16 weeks to show the effects. However you can have scalp irritation and unwanted hair growth your face and hands while taking this medicine.
- Finasteride (Propecia). This medicine is prescribed if you don't respond to minoxidil. This medicine is to be taken daily in the form of a pill. You need to keep taking it to retain benefits. However, there are some side effects of taking this medication which include diminished sex drive and sexual function and an increased risk of prostate cancer.
In case you don't respond to any of the above mentioned medicines your dermatologist might advise you to undergo hair transplant or restoration surgery. During this procedure, the surgeon removes a part of your skin and then implants it on your scalp. Such procedures are generally expensive. There is also a risk of infection and scarring.
Wigs and Hairpieces-
You can also use a wig to hide your baldness if you do not want to undergo any surgery or are irresponsive to above medications.
Lybrate | Dr. G Talukdar speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY