Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hair Fall
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra NayakYour feedback matters!
Im 22 year female studying mtech. I m suffering with severe hair loss since two months. Can you give me a solution for it I m already using ketokol shampoo for scalp and medicines like calcicron plus, logihair since a week. Will it be sufficient? can you suggest through our diet can it be controlled? can you suggest more?
I have a hair fall problem for several years tried many things didn't worked. For few days now I am using onion juice on hair, is it ok to use onion on hair, will it promote new hair or else its waste of using onion.
I am 22 year old female. My hairs are extremely thin and weak, and have split ends all over. They seems to be very dull and unhealthy. I apply almond or coconut oil once or twice a week and use Halo shampoo for hair wash thrice a week. Suggest some remedy or medicine by which I can get strong, long, shiny and healthy hair, and can get rid of split ends.
I want bakson lip balm but I didn't get it any medical store can you pls help me to find out it. Where I goo?
How many times can I use henna for my hair in a month? is it any problem while applying henna to hair? suggest another home remedies for my white hair. To become black/red.
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oils
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas
I have pimples marks on face doctor has advised me to take 5 mg isoterition twice a day I have taking from 20 days in a tablet form due to some change in location I am unable to get that medicine now I am taking isoterition 5 mg in capsule form cipla previously I was taking tabtret 5 mg tablet Sir plsz advice me to get fast to rid my pimples marks and pimples so that I have my pimple free skin.
I wants to tell you about my hair problem. My hairs are fell down in a very badly way day by day. Please tell me the solution of my this problem?
Hi, I am 20 years old and am suffering from hair fall problem. Hairs are becoming weak and rough and also suffering from dandruff. What should I do?
I massaged my scalp and about 200 to 300 fair fell. I stopped massaging when the hair fall didn't stop. What is the possible reason to my problem?
Hi sir, Good morning my hair is falling very much is there any way to stop falling. Please tell me the tips to stop hair falling.
I have dandruff in my hair which is very oily and I have got pimples because of dandruff as well as grey hair what should I do?
Dear sir im getting treatment for my face (dark spots and pimples since 1 month) from dermatologist .He has given me a(tretinoin microsphere gel 0.04% and valomoist cream ) but this two creams didn't showing any effect on my face infact pimples are still increasing and spots too please let me know solution for this soon.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
1. Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
2. Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
3. Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
4. Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
5. Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
a. Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
b. Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
c. Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
d. Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
e. Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion.