Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chitra Dound
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra DoundYour feedback matters!
Menopause is characterized as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule i.e. as early as 30s or as late as the 60s.
There is a period of 12-24 months which is discribed as perimenopausal stage during which there is waxing and wanning of ovarian hormones. Ovarian hormones level can guide that whether a lady has attained menopause or not. Acceptance, and yoga, physical exercises will help to sail comfortably through menopause. This is what one call as "Gracefully Ageing"
There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Here are a few ways in which menopause affects a woman’s body:
- Skin: Consequences of menopause include dryness, loss of flexibility, thinning of the skin and expanded wrinkling. These symptoms result in poor recovery from injuries, hair loss and pigmentary changes. Unwanted hair growth and acne may likewise happen. Wrinkling is caused by excessive smoking and sun exposure. One should stay away from smoking and sun exposure.
- Hair: Hormonal changes incorporate hirsutism (undesirable facial hair) or alopecia. Most ordinarily noted is the loss of scalp hair. Lower leg, pubic and axillary hair loss may also take place. Hirsutism is commonly noted on the face. Oral Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may control facial hair in a few ladies. Medicines for expanded facial hair incorporate suing depilatory creams, delicate techniques for hair removal, laser treatment andante-testosterone medicines. Scalp alopecia might be treated with minoxidil.
- Teeth: Menopause has been a cause for various dental/oral issues, including dry mouth and desquamative gingivitis. IHRT might be of advantage as a consequence of the part it plays in influencing oral bone and preventing the loss of teeth. The impacts of HRT seem to incorporate a reduction in bleeding and enhancing the flow of saliva.
- Vulva and vagina: The genital tract is exceptionally dependent on estrogen and body changes during the menopausal time and post-menopause may incorporate vaginal and vulvar dryness. Vulval dryness may worsen other vulval skin conditions (e.g. dermatitis) bringing about aggravation. Staying away from cleansers and body washes on the vulva can dial down the aggravation and dryness. Contrasting options to cleanser incorporate sorbolene with glycerine or low-aggravation purifying balms and lotions.
- Bladder: Urinary frequency and cystitis are very common around the time of menopause. Local estrogen creams may enhance incontinence in the short term, however, don't seem to do as such after treatment is stopped. Treatment for incontinence includes physiotherapy and even surgery.
- Joints and muscles: Joint and muscle pain are regular symptoms during menopause. Exercise is vital to get rid of these side effects. Joint and muscle pain may improve with the utilization of HRT.
- Weight changes: Between ages 45 and 55, ladies will gain a large portion of a kilo a year. This weight gain cannot be blamed on menopause entirely. The changes in hormonal status are connected with expanded body and stomach fat. This weight addition is connected with increased cardiovascular and metabolic hazard and changes in quality of life and sexual functioning.
- Lifestyle measures: Your diet and eating routine need to be established to keep up a solid body weight and to have a healthy lifestyle. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and caesarean section.
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 22 year old female and I am married. I had fracture of L3 L4 L5 S1 S2 and had internal fixation done. The surgery was done before 1year. The fracture is United. I am able to walk and do regular activities. Can I have sexual contact with my husband with the implant?
Can I participate in sex if my wife is in 2nd month pregnancy (not yet confirmed by doctor, it is confirmed our selves by observing regular menstrual cycle)
I am 21 year old female. I am using fried fenugreek seed with warm water regularly in early morning for weight loss. I am having PCOD. Is the habit of having fenugreek seed is harmful for me.
Why urinary tract infection stops pregnancy. I'm tried from ovulation day than 5th day I have a urine infection. So i'm expecting that I get pregnant but not my periods has comes yesterday. So it this the reason for not i'm get pregnant. And I wants to ask like my previous period date is 19 June and now my period has comes yesterday i.e.15th July so now when is my ovulation day. When I again start to conceive.
I have just started my 7 months of pregnancy and my baby is suffering with sepsis he is 3 I am so much tensed at the moment and the pain as well as I got bad hemorrhoids which pains a lot I can not walk neither can stand for long and going for motion is hard as well please help.
I got thyroid 9 months back and now its normal n I am planning for second kid n got copper t removal 1 week before can I try get pregnancy now.
I am 37 years old female from past some days. I am suffering from an unknown disease itches in genital part it continuously going on. I consulted a female gyno but results no advantage still I am suffering from this some times after etching there is burning sensation in the way of urinary part means in genital part. I went for b. Coli check but no results found can you please suggest me what should I do?
When you think of becoming a mother it becomes your responsibility to provide the best in terms of baby’s growth. For that to maintain and follow a healthy lifestyle is a prerequisite.
- Balanced diet: Take balanced diet rich in seasonal fruits and vegetables
- No smoking: Smoking is absolutely very dangerous for the baby as carbon monoxide, nicotine adversely affect the growth of baby’s organs. Smoking is also considered to cause premature delivery
- Stay away from alcohol: Say no to alcohol,If you are taking it under peer pressure then you are not doing anything good for your baby. Doctors always advise expecting mothers to stay away from wine, beer or any other kind of alcohol
- Take adequate sleep: Lack of sleep will make you feel tired and may increase the chances of developing high blood pressure in you, during pregnancy. Minimum 7-8 hours sleep should be there.Proper sleep also helps to get rid of stress
- Junk foods: Avoid Junk foods like burgers, pizzas, cold drinks, cake must go out of your life. A successful pregnancy demands lots of necessary nutrients and vitamins which you cannot get from the junk food. For better health of baby in future, get ready to switch to green leafy vegetables, fruits, dry fruits etc.
- Use of mobile and laptops: Excess use can give you neck and back pain, unseen rays from these gadgets may not be good for your baby. Limit yourself with the use of mobile and computers and focus on book reading or walking or yoga
- Negativity: Stay away from negative things
- Avoid Stress: If you take too much of stress, it can affect your chances of conceiving easily. A stressful mother will not be able to offer good, health to her baby. Stay away from all negative feelings and think positive if you want a healthy and happy baby
- Caffeine: Avoid taking too much of coffee, soft drinks and other beverages containing caffeine. Excess of caffeine intake can give rise to infertility
- Prescription: Don’t take any medicines without consulting your doctor