Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra DoundYour feedback matters!
I had protected sex on 23rd July and took I pill on 24th evening as a precaution. My period due date is 28th and still haven't got my periods. Is there chances of pregnant?
Vaginal dryness is a painful and uncomfortable condition that can happen to women of any age. It is most common in menopausal women. Low estrogen levels during menopause can be one of the main causes of vaginal dryness. Childbirth, anti estrogen and lactation are some of the other causes of vaginal dryness.
Other medications like those taken during breast cancer treatment can cause vaginal dryness. Antidepressants and allergy and cold medicines too can cause vaginal dryness. Some other uncommon causes are the use of vaginal douches which disturb the chemical balance and the unusual autoimmune disease called sjö gren's syndrome.
Hormone replacement therapy (hrt) is usually advised to treat vaginal dryness. But many women do not opt for it as hrt can lead to breast cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Homeopathy can help you with symptoms of menopause by triggering the natural hormonal balance.
Most of the time homeopathic remedies focus on the bigger symptoms of menopause to handle the issue of dryness. Some of the most recommended homeopathic remedies are as follows:
- Sepia: if you have marked itching accompanied by dryness, if you get hot flushes that move up your body and mood swings, if you feel pain during coitus and are susceptible to vaginal discharge and yeast infections, then sepia is beneficial.
- Lycopodium: you may need lycopodium if you have hot flushes that move up to your face and if your sweat smells, and feels sticky. If there is inconsistency in urination and you get cramps in your legs, lycopodium can help in the long run.
- Natrum mur: pain during sex (dyspareunia) leads to low self-esteem and strained relationships. Natrum mur is the best medicine to treat vaginal pain that arises from dryness.
- Platina: vaginal dryness leads to both dyspareunia and vaginismus (inability to engage in vaginal penetration, for instance, penile penetration, inserting tampons, etc.). These issues can be treated with platina.
- Argentum nitricum: vaginal dryness can lead to bleeding during sex. Argentum nitricum is most beneficial if you experience pain during sex and bleeding thereafter.
- Bryonia: hot flushes with feeling faint, headaches and constipation are treated with bryonia.
- Folliculinum: if there are complaints of brown or yellow vaginal discharge, erratic menstrual cycle, constant cystitis and weight gain along with dryness, then folliculinum is prescribed.
1. Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly
2. Drink Hot and Warm Beverages; Add mint or ginger to tea
3. Moong Dal is recommended food during the rainy season because it is easy to digest.
4. Take good quantity of Garlic, Ginger, Hing, Jeera Powder, Pepper, Haldi and Dhania because these spices help improve digestion and immunity.
5. Avoid stale food and prefer freshly cooked food
6. Drink only filtered and boiled water. Don’t keep the water for long.
I had taken i-pill last month. Now the date of my periods had came. But it doesn't bleeds. Is there any problem.
Hi, My partner had last period on 15th June 2016. The expected date for next period was 15th July. As she is not in periods, we had unsafe sex on 16th July. I have given a unwanted 72 tablet at 71 hours after having a sex. Is she pregnant. When she will be in periods. Please let me know I am worried. The main thing is that I didn't inserted completely in her vagina. And the day before sex I had masturbated.
I am 19 yr old and I am 78kgs 5'6' and unable to reduce my weight and i'm also suffering from PCOS and irregular periods. Please advice!
We must have always heard that maida (white flour) and products made from it are very harmful for our health. However, use of maida its products usage is increasing rapidly in our day-to-day life. Sometimes, we are consuming it in form of bread at our home and sometimes, in the market/food joints in form of fast foods.
Known as white poison, white flour is becoming necessity for all of us but it impacts our health drastically. It is very important to understand why it is bad and how much it can harm us so that we can improve our eating habits.
What is missing in maida (white flour: during processing of maida from wheat, endosperm of the wheat is removed from the germ (wheat germ) and the bran (wheat bran), which is very crucial for digestion. As all necessary nutrients are lost during processing of maida, foods made from it utilize nutrients from the body for absorption. As a result, our body gets depleted of vitamins and minerals. Few manufacturers attract customers by labeling their products as enriched flour, which is nothing, but adding 3-4 vitamins at the cost of 10 lost vitamins during processing.
White flour is tasty but not healthy: though foods made from maida like pizza, burger, donuts, bread, samosas, noodles, momos, panipuri, pastas etc are very tempting and tasty however, at the same time, consequences can not be ignored.
White flour regulates glucose/sugar in your body: whenever you consume foods that are made from maida, it releases sugar into your bloodstream quickly. Because of high glycemic index (gi) of maida, it spikes up your sugar levels. To match up with the sugar spike, pancreas has to over work to release insulin in sufficient quantity. If maida consumption is once in a while then pancreas can manage it however, in case of frequent consumption, insulin production will reduce gradually, finally making you diabetic.
As glucose loiters into your blood, it gets attached to proteins, which is called glycation which cause inflammation in the body and leads to many diseases like arthritis, cataract, heart diseases and the list goes on.
Eating maida also raises bad cholesterol (ldl) resulting many health issues like weight gain, high blood pressure, mood swings. Too much consumption of white flour its products leads to weight gain and you will soon progress toward obesity. Also, it keeps you feel hungry and makes you crave for sweets.
White flour is acidic: acidity is another problem. During refining process, all nutrients are removed and it becomes acidic in nature. As per research, diet high in acidic foods (e.g. Pizza, pasta, burger other white flour products) forces the body to pull calcium from bones to keep the things even, which affects bone density. Over-acidity is one of the major causes of chronic inflammation, and a major cause of arthritis and other chronic illnesses.
White flour creates digestive issues: white flour has been called the & glue of the gut. In today's world, so much food is made from white flour: breakfast food, snacks, pasta, bread, cereal and the list just continues. And it all turns to glue in the intestines. It is without fiber, it congests the system, slows down digestion creating a sluggish metabolism, and can often be the cause of weight gain, stress, headaches and migraines.
Follow these alternatives: for better health in longer run, you should completely avoid consuming white flour foods made from it. Instead, you can use some alternatives like for samosa, use wheat flour. For naan, mix one portion of millets (like jowar bajra) flour with wheat flour. Opt bread, noodles, pasta and macaroni made of wheat flour, which are easily available in food stores.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
My luteinizing hormone is 9.32 and my follicle stimulating hormone is 5.92 so please tell me there is any problem in pregnancy and in periods.
Some kind of menstrual irregularity, often accompanied by pain in lower abdomen is one of the most common presenting complaints about a gynecologist.
An irregular period is generally a symptom of some hormonal imbalance (estrogen and progesterone) in the body and is commonly encountered in young girls at the time of menarche ( a time when a girl starts to have the menstrual cycle) and around menopause. Menstrual irregularity can also be seen immediately after childbirth or after removal of intrauterine contraceptive device (iucd). Other common causes include thyroid gland dysfunctions, the presence of fibroids or polyps inside the uterus and excessive stress, including examination stress.
It is important to know a few more important details in order to evaluate and understand the same and make any recommendations. These include-
- Duration of menstrual irregularity
- Kind of irregularity- the interval between two cycles, amount of blood flow and no of days of flow.
- Any associated pain in lower abdomen.
- Associated weight gain, a growth of excessive facial hair or discharge from nipples.
Early assessment of menstrual disorders also requires an ultrasound scan of the lower abdomen to assess the condition of uterus and ovaries, specifically to rule out polycystic ovaries, and estimation of following hormone levels in the body - tsh, fsh, lh, prolactin and testosterone. These blood tests should be done on the second or third day of the periods.
The women experiencing menstrual irregularities should try and manage their weight so as to maintain a bmi of less than 25 kg/m2.
A healthy lifestyle including intake of a balanced diet, moderate exercise and avoiding any stress are very useful simple steps every woman can take on their own. In cases with severe irregularity, the woman may be required to get rid of the iucd, start a birth control pill to regulate the sex hormone levels during cycle and treatment for thyroid dysfunctions, if required.
You can consult with me for more information or treatment for menstrual disorders.
I have had cumine seeds and jagerry.And i also have tried garlic and ginger therapy but nothing seems to be still effective m not having my periods regularly.I never had sex. And I am tensed. What can i do to have my periods regularly?
Infertility is a condition where a couple, trying to conceive in a natural way is not able to do so even after one year of trying. It is also a matter of worry for patients who are over the age of 35 years and those who are not able to conceive naturally even after 12 months of trying constantly. So here are the causes, risks and treatment for this condition.
There are many causes of infertility. It may be down to a condition present in one or both partners. As per a medical study, 20% of the cases of infertility are due to males, while 40% to 50% cases are due to problems in the female partner. 30% of the cases suffer from infertility due to problems in both males and females.
Ovulation and fertilisation are the main elements of the conception process and any condition in the female or male can upset either function, which can make it difficult to conceive. While abnormal sperm production and transport may be a common condition that leads to infertility in males, other factors like side effects of cancer treatments and too much exposure to toxins and chemicals can also play an important role in this regard.
For females, the causes of infertility may range from ovulation disorders, uterine and fibroid tumours, uterine and cervical anomalies, damage to or blockage of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, primary ovarian insufficiency and pelvic adhesions. Also, factors like thyroid, cancer and medication leading to temporary infertility may be at play.
There are a number of factors that put a male or a female at risk of infertility. Being in your mid 30s usually has an adverse effect on the ovulation and production of well functioning sperm. Further, smoking and tobacco are among the main causes of infertility in either partner. Excessive alcohol consumption may also lead to this problem. Being overweight or underweight can also make a person infertile. Further, not getting enough exercise and routine activities out of your day, can lead to this condition as well.
Male patients can go through a treatment for any existing infections, hormonal injections and medication, surgical options like vasectomy reversal and ART or assistive reproductive technology. Female patients can turn to medication that will stimulate ovulation, Intrauterine Insemination, and surgical processes to correct a uterine septum and remove endometrial polyps, or even a hysteroscopy surgery.
If these methods fail, the patient or the couple can always turn to methods like In Vitro Fertilisation. For other mild reasons, lifestyle changes along with a stress free environment can help in increasing the chances of conception.
Laughter is a type of response that occurs to you generally when you experience a funny or a pleasant situation. All the doctors also believe in the theory that laughter indeed is the best medicine. Laughing not only helps to cheer you up emotionally by boosting your mood, but also has complementary physical outcomes that are desirable. Here are some interesting and fascinating facts about laughter.
1. You are more likely to laugh around others - According to a medical research, it is a proven fact that laughter is generated by a person rather than a funny situation or a joke that you hear. It is the image of that person in your mind which is funny and everything he/she does or says seems to be funny for you. This is why you will probably laugh among a set of people rather than laughing all by yourself.
2. Fake laughter - A medical research conducted by Professor Scott has readily proven that the human brain has the ability to differentiate between a fake laughter and a real one. So, if you are in a group of people and somebody is trying to laugh forcibly and deliberately, then your brain is able to identify that person easily.
3. Laughter is contagious - As per the famous saying, when you laugh then the whole world laughs with you. It is a true thing and laughter is actually contagious as it tends to regulate a part in your brain when you hear others laughing.
4. Burns calories - Laughter is a good source of a physical workout as well as it burns calories when you laugh out loud. Laughing for around 10 to 15 minutes a day burns about 10 to 40 calories.
5. Leads to healthier relationships - It is a proven fact that laughing together with any individual help to strengthen the emotional bond that you share with that person. People who laugh together usually are able to trust each other more and their relationship lasts for a longer period.
6. Mood and Energy booster - Laughter is an instant booster if you are emotionally wrecked or suffering from a bad mood. It helps to cheer you up and make you feel good and confident about yourself. Additionally, it also helps to boost the energy levels if you are low on energy.