Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra DoundYour feedback matters!
I have periods problem. It gets start before the date. Means 15days before it get starts. Wht should I do?
I have family History in diabetes and I am newly married and planning for a baby. What are things I should take CARE off while planning.
Is ssg test is painful? And I wanna know what is ssg what is the process of it as I am trying to conceive a baby but I am not ,so doctor recommend me for this ssg test.
Vagina discharge will cause any problem in body? There will be problem in pregnancy because of vagina discharge?
I missed my periods for 20 days my pregnancy test is negative so my doctor advice to take regrestrone tablet 2 times a day for 5 days but still my periods not come. Is it possible to get postive in pregnant test now?
Hi, I'am I am 23 years old. I had an operation on my spinal guard on 2012 jan3 1st. I have to know, that am I eligible for marriage and to get baby? Am I eligible for sexual relationship with my husband? And is there any issues while getting pregnant. Some of my friends telling that I will die while getting labor pain. And also they telling I cannot move in sexual relationship with my husband. I cannot able to satisfy my husband in sex, told by my friends. Is that true?
Over the years my period days have reduced from 5 days to 1.5 days. I got married 2 years back. Not wanting to get pregnant started taking pills in consultation with gynac. But within no time face was full of acne. So discontinued pills. Is it normal to have 1.5 days of medium bleeding with periods almost every time regular?
Sir my sperm motility is o.Could u plz me dat is it curable or not.If not then plsz suggest me d way to have baby or any other treatment or surgery
Deat sir/Mam My period started bon 30/6/16 & I want to become pregnant so pls advise when to have sex and when to not have/stop sex? And when can I know that I am pregnant? Also advise if any change to be done in lifestyle and shall I avoid any foods? Should I lie-down after sex? Pls guide exactly/fully.
Sir me and my wife have unprotected sex and after that with in 1 hour she consumed INSTAFREE 72 pill. Is that pill works for my wife to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Please tell. Thank you.
Please give me tips how can make my wife pregnant. I am doing sex with her but not able to make her conceive. Help me.
Certain diseases are fatal, thus, proper measures must be taken to ensure that once the symptoms have been confirmed, treatment must start immediately. Syphilis is one of the most communicable sexually transmitted diseases. If left untreated, Syphilis can be fatal.
It can lead to heart disease, brain damage and blindness. A woman infected with Syphilis can also pass it on unknowingly to her baby, if she suffers from the disease during her pregnancy. Syphilis can be easily treated, but if left too late, the antibiotics that treat it cannot reverse the damage caused by Syphilis.
Syphilis can be tested by:
- A blood test: In most cases, a simple blood test can confirm the presence of Syphilis by showing signs of the antibodies used to fight it.
- Testing the fluid from the sores: This is usually done in the case of primary or secondary Syphilis when sores are present on the patient's skin. Looking at a scraping of the sore under a microscope can be used to diagnose Syphilis if it shows the presence of the Syphilis bacteria.
- Testing cerebrospinal fluid: This is performed only in extreme cases of Syphilis where the disease may have caused complications with your nervous system. The earlier Syphilis is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat.
Syphilis is usually treated with antibiotics amongst which penicillin is the most preferred. If you've had Syphilis for less than a year, a single injected dose of penicillin can stop the disease from progressing. You may need additional doses if you have been suffering from Syphilis for more than a year. Penicillin is also the only antibiotic that can cure Syphilis and suits pregnant women as well. If you have been diagnosed with Syphilis during pregnancy, your baby should also be treated for it.
When undergoing treatment for Syphilis, here are a few other points to keep in mind:
- Abstain from oral, vaginal and anal sex until the sores have healed
- Get blood tests at regular intervals for at least a year after treatment
- Get tested for an HIV infection
- Fevers, nausea, headaches and chills are normal side effects associated with Syphilis treatment
- If you are allergic to penicillin, let your doctor know so that you can be given an alternative antibiotic
- If you have a lesion around your mouth, Syphilis can even spread through kissing another person
The good news is that once you've been cured of Syphilis, it does not recur. However, it is recommended to always use protection while having intercourse and abstain from sexual activities if your partner suffers from Syphilis.
I delivered my 2nd daughter 1year & 1month ago and it's a normal delivery. I was feeding day & night till 1year & now only at nights ((ie.) 3 to 4 times after she started sleeping at night, till morning). Still I didn't get my menses. My bottom stomach & legs are painful, now & then, since the last 2 weeks.
Here are cause,symptoms and treatments of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Hello, I am Dr.Smita Vats and I am a practicing gynecologist at Gurgaon. My areas of specific interest are laparoscopic surgery and dealing with various gynae disorders like Uterine fibroids, Ovarian cysts, Endometriosis, Infertility and high rest pregnancy. So today we will be dealing with a very important disorder which is commonly found in urban population that is the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). It is a complex disorder which is characterized by the presence of tiny fluid filled cysts in the ovaries which may be present in the one or both the ovaries and is also associated with irregularity of the periods or disturbance in the periods and also the presence of hypergonadism that is the presence of excess of man hormones in the body leading to more of male characters like excess of facial hair , more chest hair, hair on abdomen, thighs, buttocks etc. along with the presence of acne and may be scalp hair loss and this may be associated weight gain also and in the long term later on it may cause also pregnancy complications.
It may cause difficulty in conceiving a pregnancy, it may lead to loss of pregnancies, early abortions and development of diabetes and hyper blood pressure etc., and other complications in the pregnancy, so that it brings to the question that what causes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Well the exact cause of PCOS is not really well known. There is a genetic predisposition for it and the genetic inheritance has been proven. But that does not mean that anybody who does not have genetic predispositions cannot have this disease. So it is a primarily a lifestyle disorder wherein even if you have genetic predispositions the disease usually manifests the signs and symptoms usually appear only when your lifestyle become sedentary. So it is primarily a problem seen in the urban population now-a-days because their lifestyle is sedentary and there is minimal physical activity involved. Now-a-days you spend 8-10 hours sitting in the office on the desk.
Apart from that there is hardly any physical activity. So in order to deal with that, obviously then we have to address the lifestyles also which is the most important factor and sometimes in a few patients a part from lifestyle modifications a few medications may be required which may be decided upon depending on if at all there is a hormonal imbalance or if at all there is any other disorder associated with it which needs to be treated medically. So in the lifestyle modification what you can do is you can include at least half an hour or 45min of rigorous physical activity every day in your routine and if not every day then you can include at least 4-5 days in a week. So include at least 45min of may be walking, jogging or dance, swimming, yoga, or whatever kind of exercise you enjoy. Include at least half an hour or 45min of that kind of physical activity in your daily routine.
Apart from that control your diet, avoid junk food that is avoid chips, burgers, fries, pizzas, high calorie diets and primarily refined foods, white breads and rice and all these things which give you a sudden burst of high calories and which may lead to hormonal imbalance also. Focus more on fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, curds, rice, and milk products whatever low fat milk products. Eat a healthy well balanced diet. A part from that PCOS patients mostly are obese and even a fight person of weight loss whatever their body weight is may lead to improvement of symptoms and help them deal with the disorder and if at all nothing else works then physical managements is required.
If you need any further information or further guidance regarding treatment of PCOS you can contact me on my clinic or online through Lybrate.
I am 31 years female with primary infertility I will be having pinning and prickling sensation over right side of lower abdomen ie near ovary region and also will be having severe breast pains if these pains are there I will get periods I don't know what to do and why these are coming. One more thing is when female conceived she will not have breast pains and stomach pain? Pls help me.
Hi doctor. It's been 2 years of marriage but me and my husband unable to do proper sex .m suffering from vaginismus. And also I don't get wet my vagina. Please suggest. It's looking impossible to do sex I feel unbearable pain when he tries to enter his penis.
My sister is of 31 years old. She had taken option 72 pill 1 month back to avoid pregnancy. She had got her periods twice in this month. Is this because of option 72. How to cure her health by using natural remedies.
By applying a few general rules you can make your life easy and comfortable.
1. You should change your pad after every 4--5 hours even though it may not be fully soaked as because the same pad for hours together-----from morning to evening can cause irritation of the private parts.
This is applicable especially for youngsters and college students who may be away from home for long hours for college or tuition or classes and surroundings may not be convenient.
2. Always carry 2 extra pads in your bag or purse and also a spare undergarment.
Sometimes during heavy flow days the undergarment may get soiled and can cause a lot of discomfort.
3. Always carry some tissue papers in your handbag. Especially during periods. They may come handy while using a public toilet.
4. Try keeping a small thin plastic bag in your purse for obvious reasons.
5. You can apply any anti fungal dusting powder to your private parts twice daily during periods after a bath. Having bath twice daily is advisable.
6. Some women suffer from rashes during periods. Try changing the brand of your sanitary napkin. Maybe the one you are using presently does not suit your skin type.
7. In case the rashes are too much. You can apply some anti fungal and anti bacterial ointment over the affected part. Candid -b is the one which is most widely available and you don't need a prescription for that.
8. Avoid wearing excessively tight pants and especially jeans. Some loose comfortable cotton clothing is advisable.
9. If you have too much pain during periods you can use otc medicines like tab. Cyclopam for pain relief. You should always carry a strip of this medicine in your purse.
10. Drink lots of water or juices or coconut water and keep yourself well hydrated.