Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chitnis A SYour feedback matters!
I have allergy of sneezing, whenever I bath more than usual then I got normal sneeze but within 1 or 2 days it becomes severe like body temperature increase @100 and cough arises. So what can I do sir. I checked up by many reputed doctors in patna. I'm okay now but sometimes it happens.
My father is suffering from copd his age is 75, recently he recovered from ventilator doctors has advised him mucinac 600, my concern is whether this medicine can be taken lifetime and what is the recommended dose.
What medicine should be used for cough How to reduce tumors in body Which shampoo shall be usable for reduce hair fall.
I have diabetes. Please sugest me the appropriate treatment and diet so that it do not get more severe with time. Sometime I also suffer suffocation uneasiness in breathing. Is it due to my diabetes problem only?
I have cough and cold problem since last 2 days and fever too. Please help me and suggest some home medicine which can help me.
Hi, I 34 year old having some time chest pain and breathing problems. I also checked by chest specialist they tell no problem but they tell have shines problem. Is it effects of shines?
continuous dry cough, chest congestion and weakness .please suggest a good medicine for these symptoms.
Hello doc. I am having lungs problem. Whenever I go for going medical, I find some spots in my lungs on x-ray film. And they reject me. I have also visited few doctors. But they say this is non curable thing. Please help me what to do now.
Hello sir, I am suffering from sinusitis and also headache and cough every day. I also taken ayurvedic treatment but i did not get any result from it. I feeling sleepy every day because of headache. Ayurvedic doctor suggest me to avoid tomato,menda, dahi(curd), all cold items, no any lemon or any other similar flavor items. Please suggest me food and treatment for it. I also try nasya karam in ayurvedic but no result.
I stopped the use of an eye drop acupat after using it for 2 months, 10 days ago. However a sinus infection caused by its sude effect has not gone away. I am afraid that is it a long term side effect or it will go away? What shall I do to get rid of it?
What is pneumothorax lung disease? I can't understand. And what is the reason of this disease. Please help me.
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.