Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitaman DubeyYour feedback matters!
Hi. Actually we are newly married couple. We are unable to enjoy life because of pregnancy stress. We both do not want baby and same time do not want to use condom as its restricts pleasure. My wife body is little heavy than me, so we are fear to use contraception pill as it may increase weight. Please suggest.
I had a cesarean delivery this month. Pre pregnancy, I was allergic to some food, dust and paracetamol and I was taking DYNOLAP and ALLEGRA180 tablets. But during course of my pregnancies, all of these allergies were completely gone probably due to hormonal change as understood. But suddenly after 21 days post delivery, it looks like all these allergies were back. Kindly advise if the above medication is well suited and will there be any adverse effects on breastfeeding and to the infant.
My wife has itching in her genital area for the past 3 weeks. She has irregular periods since October. Itching is very severe around that place. What is the proper treatment. Is it very serious?
Hi, Meri Umar 20 sal hai Meri MC 8 to aati hai. Aur Dusre Mahine Ki MC Ane k date me 30 Dino ka Antar hota hai. Jaise Ki Pichli Bar 9 January Ki Aaya Tha Aur is Month me 8 Feb Ki Aaya Tha. To Meri Garbh Kab Thahar Sakti hai. Aur Kab Pata chalega Ki Main Pregnant Hu.
Heart attack or myocardial infarction mostly occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked due to one or more reasons. The most prominent reason could be high fat or cholesterol that results in plaque build up in the coronary artery. The restricted blood flow has the potential to damage or even destroy the heart muscle. Some of the symptoms that can be helpful when it comes to the identification of a heart attack are listed below.
1. Discomfort in the Chest - Your chest may feel tight and pressured when you are about to be hit by a heart attack. Pain or discomfort in the chest is usually central typically felt behind the sternum, the central bone of chest. It may not be pain, it may be only discomfort, it may only be in upper part of tummy, very commonly confused with a gas problem. It is often accompanied by a painful sensation in the chest or arms. If a chest pain lasts more than 15-20 min it can be assumed to be a heart attack. This aching sensation may even spread to your back, neck or jaw.
2. Feeling of inconvenience - Often before the heart attack, the person may have feelings of nausea, ingestion, abdominal pain or a heartburn.
3. Breathing problems - Another prominent symptom of heart attack is shortness of breath which is accompanied by cold sweat and fatigue.
If you think you are getting a heart attack, you should immediately take one tablet of Aspirin, 4 tablets of a drug called Clopidogrel, and one tablet of Atorvastatin 80 mg and rush to the nearest possible medical facility as time is very important in the treatment of an acute heart attack.
Related Tip: Heart Attack - Is the Damage Reversible?
Health benefits of pineapple
1. An anti-inflammatory agent
Pineapple hails from the bromeliaceae family, after which one of its most important health promoting compounds, the enzyme bromelain, was named. The complex mixture of its substances can act as a pain reliever, blood thinner and anti-coagulant, as well as an anti-inflammatory agent. Long story in short, it is nature's aspirin.
2. Cure for constipation
This miraculous fruit aids in the natural digestion process. The high quantity of fiber helps in the formation of stool and its quick movement though the tract, while the enzyme bromelain is known to help in the breakdown of protein. Pineapple juice, in particular, serves as a great laxative that cures constipation.
3. Helps in burning fat
even though it contains sugar (extremely beneficial for growing kids), the amount is not so overwhelming. Plus, the amount of fat is negligible as well, making it a go-to-snack for the ones trying to shed kilos. The soluble fiber content contributes to a delayed digestive process, which helps to control hunger pangs and indirectly accounts for a boost in metabolism and calorie burn" says bangalore-based nutritionist. Dr. Anju sood.
4.Good for the eyes
Pineapple is a rich source of vitamin c, anti-oxidants and minerals like manganese and potassium. It helps fight against cell damage and reduces the risk of macular degeneration, an eye disease that affects older people. It is also a good source of beta carotene, essential for eye health.
5. Regulates blood pressure and hypertension
Medical studies have established that a cup of pineapple contains (low amount) 1 mg of sodium and (high amount) 195 mg of potassium, which is vital for bringing down the blood pressure to a state of normalcy. Potassium is an essential mineral which helps in regulating blood pressure in the body.
6. Counters infertility
If you are a woman struggling to conceive, pineapple can help. The presence of a considerable amount of folic acid makes this possible.
7. Vitamin powerhouse
Pineapples pack a tremendous nutritional punch, containing vitamins a, c, e, and k, minerals like potassium and calcium, electrolytes and phyto-nutrients like carotene. They are a rich source of anti-oxidants, which fight against free radicals in the body, preventing cell damage. These anti-oxidants can protect you from diseases like atherosclerosis, heart diseases, arthritis and various cancers. Vitamin a and vitamin c are a boon for the skin as well" we usually recommend two servings of any fruit a day, and pineapple can certainly be one of them on a daily basis. 100 gm of the fruit is sufficient, provided it is consumed during the first half of the day" adds Dr. Sood
Infertility is characterized by the inability to get pregnant even after unprotected intercourse for over a year. Repeated miscarriages along with other factor can often be the reason behind infertility in women.
Probable causes of Infertility in Women:
The most common cause of infertility in women is an abnormal uterus. Congenital flaws, such as septate uterus can lead to repeated miscarriages. The normal pH level of the uterus is approximately in the range of 6.6 to 7.6. So a pH level below or above this range can lead to an abnormal uterus.
Ovulation defects (such as the eggs not properly maturing in the ovaries or the ovaries not releasing mature eggs) are other causes as well.
Another possible cause is Endometriosis, a condition wherein the tissues which line the inner walls of the uterus start to grow on the outsides of the uterus, such as in the pelvis or the abdomen.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), a condition wherein the ovaries become enlarged with tiny cysts growing on them, is another important cause for infertility. Hormonal imbalances are at the root of this condition.
A block or damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent the sperm to properly fertilize the egg thus, leading to infertility.
Unhealthy lifestyle habits such as obesity or being underweight, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking and not following a healthy diet are other important causes of infertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I need a prescription for birth control pills. I am a lactating mother to a 10 month old baby girl. I had a ceaserian delivery.
Please tell the natural remedy for irregular periods. My thyroid is within range. But I do suffer from hypothyroidism. My age is 29 years.
I want to increase my wife breast size and anal and vagina hole so that when I have sex with her so that she never sound. we stay in join family. So that no one can here the sound when we are having sex. Thank you.
I am a epilepsy Patient and gave birth to a handicapped premature child now again having seizures in pregnancy 2nd pregnancy 3 month of pregnancy bleeding and having seizure of epilepsy but Dr. says I'm fine my reports are normal then what's the problem.
I took scan p and secam e because my periods were late. How many days I have to wait after ending the dose for periods to arrive?
I am 47+ of age and am having sudden heavy flow even after 5 days during periods this month. What should I do?
Smoking is a die hard habit and many people eventually die of the same. It remains one of the most common causes of cancer and lung diseases, which eventually lead to death. The irony is that almost all smokers know the harmful effects, but find it hard to quit.
With a firm determination, there are people who quit, but then the relapse rate is quite high too.
- Many believe that quitting requires a behavioural change. From peer pressure to a lifestyle habit, smoking is a social phenomenon. There are various methods to help quit smoking like quitting cold turkey and nicotine substitutes. Hypnosis is also gaining popularity as a method to help quit smoking. Research has shown an encouraging success rate in the range of 30 to 40% in cases where the desire and commitment to quit are high. This of course is with people who have strong will and are able to be hypnotized.
- Hypnosis or hypnotherapy is a psychological technique used as supplemental therapy in a lot of cases, such as weight loss, depression, speech disorders, pain management, de-addiction; the list can be quite long. It puts the person undergoing therapy into a deep sleep or trance, where they get in touch with themselves and find answers to a lot of questions. It is believed that while hypnosis puts a person to sleep, it also induces a higher level of cognition and a higher level of neurological activity.
- During the actual session, the smoker is asked to imagine the numerous ill effects of smoking and the need to reduce its harmful effects on the body. This improves the willpower to quit smoking and reduces the desire. They are also advised of the benefits of quitting smoking, including longevity of life and better quality of life. The person is told that quitting smoking before 50 years of age gives a 50% chance of increasing the lifespan by 15 years. Now that is quite motivating for a lot of smokers to give up the habit.
- It generally takes about 4 full sessions of hypnotherapy to reach a level where the patient is ready to kick the habits. Also, self hypnosis can be taught where the person can go into hypnosis on his own and enforce smoking cessation. There are even self hypnosis tapes that are available for aid.
However, a word of caution here, hypnosis is not for everybody as not everybody can be hypnotized easily and there has to be a strong belief that it will benefit, only then can smoking cessation be tried with hypnosis. It is still in the testing phase and is to be medically proven as a way to quit smoking.
Related Tip: "7 Dangerous Changes That Smoking Causes To Your Skin"
Most of us wake up to a cup of hot coffee every morning. Coffee is like an indispensable part of most of our lives. But, there has been a lot of debate regarding the effect of coffee on human health. While some believe that coffee is a performance booster and prevents against certain diseases, others express doubt on the goodness of caffeine in coffee. Rather, the presence of caffeine keeps a lot of us worried about the adverse effects of coffee.
But, one needs to keep in mind that coffee is a complex beverage. It has both its pros and cons. One needs to know all about coffee before ordering the second cup for himself or herself. Reasons for having that second cup of coffee:
- Coffee activates your system: It contains caffeine that increases the level of adrenaline hormone in your body. This hormone is responsible for getting you ready for fighting against odds or physical tasks.
- Coffee checks your body weight: It contains minerals like magnesium and potassium. These minerals maintain the insulin level in your body. Therefore, by drinking coffee, your appetite for quick snacks gets killed. However, the sugar levels stay intact. It also burns fat.
- Protection against cancer: A recent study claimed that coffee can provide protection against cancer. It is said to have the potential to reduce the chances of having prostate cancer in men and endometrial cancer in women.
- Guard against other serious diseases: Coffee is believed to provide prevention against some serious diseases Type II diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer disease and stroke. It contains antioxidants that boost body’s immune system. Caffeine can lower one’s sensitivity towards insulin and provides impairment to glucose tolerance, reducing chances of developing Type II diabetes.
Reasons for not having that second cup of coffee:
- Toxic: Coffee has the possibility of being toxic. It can be adulterate with a lot of harmful impurities. The cheaper and poor quality coffee can prove to be highly toxic sometimes.
- Don’t overdrink: Coffee can prove very harmful and even lethal, if taken in larger quantities. It has the potential to kill an individual, if 80-100 cups are consumed in a shorter session.
- It gives sleeplessness: Coffee can turn you into an insomniac, if consumed in larger amounts.
Nothing is good, if overdone or overused. The same goes for coffee as well. It is good for your health if taken in small amounts at measured intervals. You can definitely order the second cup of coffee for yourself, provided you keep a check on the number of cups you have consumed in the entire day. A sensible individual will drink less, but drink regularly to get blessed with the goodness of coffee beans. An irresponsible drinker will just get addicted to see the worst in future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I'm 21 years old, unmarried,never had sex, my periods are delayed for 18 days from normal mensuration cycle. Which medicine should I take to get the period and regularise my cycle.
The most prominent symptom of alopecia areata is patchy hair loss. Coin-sized patches of hair begin to fall out, mainly from the scalp. Any site of hair growth may be affected, though, including the beard and eyelashes.
The loss of hair can be sudden, developing in just a few days or over a period of a few weeks. There may be itching or burning in the area prior to hair loss. The hair follicles are not destroyed and so hair can re-grow if the inflammation of the follicles subsides. People who experience just a few patches of hair loss often have a spontaneous, full recovery without any form of treatment.
About 30 percent of individuals who develop alopecia areata find that their condition either becomes more extensive or becomes a continuous cycle of hair loss and regrowth.
About half of patients recover from alopecia areata within 1 year, but many will experience more than one episode. Around 10 percent of people will go on to develop alopecia totalis or alopecia universalis.
Alopecia areata can also affect the fingernails and toenails, and sometimes these changes are the first sign that the condition is developing. There are a number of small changes that can occur to nails:
- Pinpoint dents appear
- White spots and lines appear
- Nails become rough
- Nails lose their shine
- Nails become thin and split
Additional clinical signs include:
- Exclamation mark hairs - where a few short hairs that get narrower at their bottom and grow in or around the edges of bald spots
- Cadaver hairs - hairs broken before reaching the skin surface
- Regrowth of white hair in areas affected by hair loss.