Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Chitaman DubeyYour feedback matters!
4 Exercises that’ll help you during labour
There are technical ways in which you can get your body all set for labour. Although you may not know how your labour will progress, you can ease the pain that you experience during childbirth to a significant extent by doing these four exercises:
1. Kegel Exercises: These exercises target the muscles that provide support to your bladder, uterus, urethra and rectum. By strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor, these exercises help in improving the flow of blood to your vaginal and rectal area. Kegel exercises involve contracting of the muscles of your pelvic floor as you would do if you had to prevent passing urine or stool. It is also known to reduce the duration of the pushing stage of childbirth, which is the second stage. You can do the exercises sitting or standing and in either of the two ways-
Slow kegels: For this, contract the muscles of your pelvic floor and hold them for 3-10 seconds. Release and repeat the exercise for ten times.
Fast kegels: To do this, you need to contract and loosen up your pelvic muscles 25-50 times. Do the set for about 4 times with 5 seconds interval between each set.
2. Squatting: Practising squatting during your pregnancy can help in preparing your pelvic muscles for labour. While strengthening your thighs, it opens up your pelvis for an easy descent of the baby. So, here’s what you should do:
1. Begin by standing behind a chair for support with your feet wide apart
2. While contracting your abdominal muscles, relax your shoulders and chest before lowering your tailbone towards the floor
3. While inhaling and exhaling deeply, push into your legs and go back into a standing position
3. Pelvic Tilt: This exercise helps in strengthening the muscles of your back, pelvis and thigh regions while improving posture. Ensuring your pelvic joints remain flexible, it eases the pain experienced during delivery. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Get down on both your hands and knees while keeping your head in a parallel position with your back
2. While arching your back, pull in your stomach
3. Hold this position for a few seconds before releasing
The exercise needs to be repeated 3-5 times - all the while maintaining a strong hold over your back and stomach.
4. Tailor Pose: The tailor pose is designed to help relax your hip joints as well as open up the pelvis. It also helps in improving your body posture while easing the aches that occur in the lower part of your back. For this, you need to perform the following steps:
1. While keeping your back straight, sit comfortably on the floor
2. Placing the soles of both the feet together, press your knees gently towards the floor
3. Keep the position for 10-15 seconds. You can repeat the exercise for 5-10 times.
Dear sexologist. Kindly tell. My girlfriend always mood in sex. So if I am fingering her vagina without anal sex. Is she pregnant. I am fear to insert finger in vagina. Please clear my doubt.
I am having itching and pain in my vagina. I tried clotrimazole, curd but nothing works. I am still having itching since many days. Tell me some better remedy please,
Hello doctor. As per my birth date I am approx 12 years. Now there are certain changes taking place in my body which I can manage. But my aunt asked me about my periods to which I didn't respond bcoz I do not know much about it. Can you explain me?
I have 4 months child but I and my husband was together last night onces only but I'm getting fear again I will get pregnancy right now I'm not interested and I am not getting milk pls give suggestions have drink the papaya juice it's right or not.
Dear Doctor, It has been 3.6 year to our marriage and we are trying for a baby since last two year and from last eight month we are consulting with Gyno, in our initial test my wife is diagnosed with hypothyroid (TSH Level 5.255) so our doctor prescribed us Thyronorm 12.5 mgc. Again after 3 month we did TSH test and this time TSH level has been decreased to 4.861. Meanwhile she asked us for several test which includes: Semen Analysis, follicular studies and HSG however she never asked for FSG test. Each of these test are normal. After 6 month we again did TSH test and this time TSH level has been increased to 7.442. After that, I have taken consultation from other doctor and she asked us to do AMH and TB Gold test. Here my concern is no one is giving importance to TSH level and asking for different test however as per my research TSH level should be in 1 to 2 range to get pregnant successfully. So, isn't doctor should focus on thyroid treatment before going for other test. It would be very helpful for us if you can provide us your valuable comments on this. Also could you please suggest correct does of Thyronorm.
I am 21 years old female. My weight is 92 kg and height is165 cms. After marriage within two months i. Gained 15 kg weight. I have gone through several tests even thyroid test is negative and all reports are normal. Doctors told me as per reports I am healthy. Can you please suggest me how could I reduce weight. I am planning to conceive in november. Will my weight cause any problem to pregnancy.
I am suffering alot bcz of breast pain since 2 years. I get the pain nearly at the position of my heart. Please suggest.
My blood test result showing hcg beta subunit below 1.2 want to confirm am I pregnennt or not? please response.
Doctor can I take zincovit vitamin tablet. 1 tablet per day for long period I am doing right or wrong.
How to improve sex power and if I intercorse with anybody. It create effect my sex power or mantility.
Though there are several important things which are needed for a relationship to work just fine, but physical intimacy is the most crucial ingredient. A key to a successful committed relationship is a happy and satisfactory sex life. However, there are certain mistakes that we all comit during our intimate time with our partner.
Mistake #1: Avoiding Sex Talk
Talking about sex with your partner maybe awkward and it is completely normal if you both might be reluctant talking about it in the beginning. The inability to have a frank, open and honest conversation about sex is a major problem among couples nowadays. If you are not satisfied with your sex life, then it is important to sit and talk it through with your partner. Counselling sessions can also help you both overcome this problem. While in bed, it is not only the act that matters. Several other ambient pleasures, such as talking dirty in your partner’s ears can add a whole new level to your sex life. Compliment your partner once in a while; it is especially true if you are the man in the relationship. Making your partner feel good about him/her can and usually does improve things when it comes to within the sheet actions.
Mistake #2: Faking it
This is another common mistake, which people make when they are in an intimate relationship. Though little encouragement can go a long way, faking orgasms regularly does not help. It is even possible that one day or the other, your partner will discover it and this may lead to anger, irritation and frustration.
Mistake #3: Being unadventurous
If you have been in a committed relationship for long, then your sex life could suffer from monotony, gradually becoming the one that lacks spice. If this is something that both of you feel, then it is time you brought some newness and zing. Trying new positions or having sex at a place where you’ve never had it before can lead to pleasant changes. This will break the entire monotony of the routine and breathe more life into your sex.
Mistake #4: Self neglect
Life can become pretty hectic and many a times, you may not find the time to take care of and groom yourself. This can be more so if you have been with your partner since a long and you have started taking him/her for granted. Changes in physical appearance do occur with time, but this, in no way means that you do not take care of yourself. Putting a little bit of effort in the way you dress and show up in front of your partner can make him/her feel all the more important and valued, thus adding that extra urge to get you in bed.
Mistake #5: Overthinking
This is one crucial mistake that individuals make in a relationship. They tend to over think about a certain topic, event, or a situation and ultimately end up becoming excessively conscious and aware when it comes to the big night with their partners. Instead, try and have a small talk with your partner to clear things out so that your mind is not clogged with thoughts which may ultimately turn out to be baseless.
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.