Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. ChirakshaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I'm frequently getting hypertension for all small issues could you please tell me suggestions.
I am 61 years male. Some times while I go for sleep in the evening at around 11'Clock I feel some sort of suffocation (Breathibg problem) I am not obese my height is 164 cms weight is 78 Kgsprevious heart checkup in March 2012 every declared normal.
Hello sir I am a patient of heart disease. There was a operation in October 2015, a stent fitted in my one veins because of blockage, so now its suitable to my health if I drink whisky. Actually I drink whisky a month ago so I am asking this question please help me out.
My cholesterol level is following: LDL 100 HDL 27 TRIGLYCERIDES 189 TC 165 mg/dl I feel mild pain in heart. I am 32 year old male.
I am 28 years old, male. I feel heaviness on upper chest and I feel uncomfortable and fast pulse rate. Sometime BP go UP. My normal DIA mm Hg is 88-91. I recently recovered from high SGOT SGPT. I was heavy alcohol drinker and smoker but quit 3 months ago.
I have started suffering from high blood pressure. Any remedial action, like dietary restrictions, etc. I am a diabetic also.
My triglyceride is around 450. And also I have uric acid around 8. Twice I have gout attack. My age is 36 years. FBS is 100 and PP is 115. Total cholesterol is within 200. Please advise.
Sir mere ko gas ki problm h pichle 3saal se kya ye thik ho sakti h aur gas mere chest main pain karti h aur sans lene m dikat hoti h gas ki vajah se.
If I didn't take lunch properly on time I will get pain at the left side of my chest and if I eat spicy items I will suffer from wounds at the mouth. Please tell me the solutions.
Hi, I am 28 years old female and for past 4 to 5 years my BP is too high and i am not taking any medicines also, please suggest me some remedies for the same. My BP remains always in the range of 140/110.
Please prescribe anti-cholorestorel food I am taking ecosporin 75 --should I continue life long I am having uric acid--should I take medicine?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
She is a heart patient operation done for valve replacement in 2009. Just 3 days back she start vomiting and little amount of blood was coming every time. So we consulted a cardiologist and got admitted in hospital. Her inr was 5.28 at that time so doctor said 2 units if blood have to be arranged . Her infection level is 17000 at present so he started antibiotics. We have done sonography in that it has written Ascites is seen, no fluid is seen in pleural recess of either side. No SOL is seen in right Iliad fossa. Now the problem is he is asking to Do C.t Scan and we don't think its necessary. Please suggest what to do ?
Having a heart of gold is a metaphor but at the same time is something which is quite achievable, as long as a person looks out for oneself and makes an effort to eat the right foods!
If a person who wishes to maintain good heart health is willing to search out the right foods to eat, there is a surfeit of benefits. Just some of these benefits are a lower level of the bad sort of cholesterol, as well as a slower rate of plaque growth.
Foods for a Healthy Heart
- Fish is something which is known to have great benefits for the mind and now, the heart, too. This is especially true, if the fish which is being eaten happens to be salmon. Fish in general, and Salmon in particular, has Omega-3 fatty acids, which are the best sort which can be consumed bar none. As a matter of fact, the medical evidence of this is so much that the American Health Association has made it a point to recommend that each person eats fish at least twice a week.
- If eating fish and preparing it seems to be too much of a hassle, what can be done is to make sure that supplements which have these properties are consumed on a regular basis. Talking about Omega-3 fatty acids, adding a small amount of chia seeds to whatever a person is having has a lot of health benefits. However, as should normally be the case, the person has to make sure that his or her hydration is more or less adequate as the side effect of this not being the case can have a greater impact than the benefits as it can result in constipation!
- Oatmeal is something which somehow finds its way to the breakfast table of a lot of health conscious families and it can be said that this is with good reason. This is because oatmeal has the great property of imbibing the cholesterol which is present in a person’s digestive tract and to a great extent, making sure that this cholesterol does not find its way to the bloodstream where it can cause significant damage to the heart and body in general.
However, instead of eating the instant oatmeal variety, having the comprehensive sort is good as it is likely to be sans sugar, which is something which may not be the case with instant oatmeal. All these health benefits add up and can be mulled over a glass of green tea, which is also amazing for the heart!