Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Chinmaya SahuYour feedback matters!
Mujhe jyada TV dekhne ke karan +1 point ka chasma lag gaya hai. Mai jaldi chasma utarne ke liye kya karu. Please tell me what should I do.
My eyes flow evey morning whenever I wake up is there any reason why my eyes are wet always every morning?
My eyes irritate. I got my eyes tested a couple of months ago and they were absolutely fine. I don't have any issues with sight. I can see properly. But I have noticed that this happens to me in summer and when we are approaching summer. I'm also allergic to dust and pollution. Need some advice for cleaning eyes as they scratch especially on the lid.
Hello, I am wearing glasses since 4 years now. My no. Is -0.5 and -0.75. I wanted to ask is there any way to perfect my eyesight? Any ways natural, with pills with eye drops, just anything at all? I want to ditch glasses as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
Greetings, My left eye left side constantly some of small black color dart is coming when i saw computer, but any continuous leave that time i couldnot see when i saw tv, book reading & cooking but very rarely coming i already gone eye check up they said no power coming but i feel like this. More over no tears are coming, tears level was very low(even cutting onion no tears coming). Every morning i feel headache in centre of eyebrows, once i tightly hold tat area tat time i felt good so pls suggest me i can i do for next & i know the reason too.
I am 22 years old male working as a software engineer, I am getting eye pain and not getting sleep in the night.
Sir/mam I have done cornea translation before 60 days I can read only 3 lines in reading chat. I have 14 stitches cornea is well set. Pls help me to know when I will receive full vision.
I have red eyes and I'm feeling weak and tired I'm not able to see anything properly what I should do?
Mujhe 2 3 days se chicken pox ho rhka hai aur eyes me irritation ho rhi c .meri right eye red ho rhki hai aur eye ball ke upr grey colour ki outline ho rhki hai .plz suggest me wht should I do? I am so worried.
A sty is a tiny red bump in the eyes which looks like a pimple on the outer edge of the eye. This condition usually causes a lot of discomfort and a significant amount of pain. This pimple generally forms when the oil glands in the eyes get clogged with dirt and grime as well as excess oil, which created blockage due to the accumulation of bacteria. Too much tear production as well as swelling and pain are the most common symptoms of this condition, which must be shown to an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Read on to find out the various ways in which you can treat this condition:
- Well Cleaned Hands: Always ensure that your hands are properly cleaned and sanitised, as the hands can spread the maximum amount of germs and bacteria to your eyes. The hands are usually the most overworked part of the body which we use for doing a variety of tasks that involve touching, gripping, pulling, pushing and running them along a variety of surfaces. This causes a build-up of germs and bacteria on the hands which can easily get transferred to the face or the eyes, as one touches these areas constantly. So, it is important to keep your hands clean at all time to ensure that the sty does not get worse.
- Avoid Makeup: When you are suffering from a sty, it is imperative to keep your eyes clean and clear. For this, you must avoid using makeup until the sty gets fully cured as the makeup may irritate the eye and the particles may further block the pimple. Also, you may want to avoid wearing contact lenses unless the sty gets better, and stick to glasses instead so that there is nothing in the eye that will obstruct its treatment.
- Warm Washcloth: This treatment will soothe the eye and help in sanitising the area with the warmth of the washcloth. Also, this kind of treatment for a few minutes every day will ensure that the swelling also reduces. Further, one must ensure that the washcloth is clean and lint free so that no dirt escapes into the eyes.
- Avoid Squeezing: One must avoid squeezing the sty as this action can make it even worse. Further, if the pimple bursts, the liquid or pus within can easily infect the eye and the area around it. The sty should be allowed to drain out on its own, or you can visit an eye doctor who will help in draining it out.
Getting professional help to treat the sty with medication and ointments as well as medical procedures is always more helpful.
Hello, I am a 45 years old male, it professional living in the u. S. I have been detected with cataract in both my eyes and I had a cataract operation last year in my left eye. My right eye is due for it now, but I would like to try ayurvedic or homeo or any other non-surgical method of curing. Appreciate any advice on this. Thanks.
My left eye blinks continuously from the past 3days I would like to have a solution for this if possible.
Dear sirs My BP is 90/140 I am taking Losartan 50 my weight is 100kg and don't have other problems But my lower BP is always high go up to 96 if dose missed Do you suggest other medicine Warm reads M Thanekar.
Is this a common sight at your home?
Parents using smartphone may not experience much harm but your little ones are prone to serious consequences which rarely anyone tells you. Read on. (early myopia, crossed eye, dry eyes, attention deficit, aggressive behavior, poor concentration and of course obesity leading to diabetes and hypertension later are the consequences)
Many pediatric eye doctors believe that heavy computer (smartphone is even worse) use among children puts them at risk for early myopia.
Haven't you seen today's generation wearing more specs than ever before? remember lasik lasers for eyeglass removal is not as safe as it is made out to be.
Symptoms of dry eye disease were more common in children who spent more time on smartphones and less time outdoors than other young people.
Staring at smartphones, computers and other screens has been linked to reduced blinking, which can lead to faster evaporation of the tear film and increase the risk of dry-eye disease, it's a most common problem among it professionals and now it's affecting children who are just 10 years old.
Smartphones also have a short watching distance due to their small screens that can tire the eyes.
Can you afford burning eyes in your child where the tear glands have stopped tear production and needs lifelong lubricating eye drops?
Excessive smartphone use may lead to a rare form of strabismus, or" crossed eyes" known as acute acquired comitant esotropia (aace). Strabismus most often appears in infancy, but sometimes kids develop it suddenly.
Computer use demands fine motor skills from young eyes that are not well developed. Only when the visual system matures is a child better able to handle the stress of a computer on that system. Remember brain and eyes are linked, a poor reception by eyes leads to poor mental development.
What to do now?
1) push your child to play outdoor sports (must).
2) before starting school eyes must be checked by an experienced doctor, serious eye problem if found early can save your child vision.
3) please limit the smartphone exposure of your child. Their eyes are not same as yours. Their brain development is also incomplete and eyes play a major role in development of brain.
4) encourage kids to take 20-second breaks from the computer every 20 minutes to minimize the development of eye focusing problems and eye irritation. (some eye doctors call this the" 20-20 rule")
5) check the ergonomics of the workstation. For young and small children, make sure the computer workstation is adjusted to their body size. The recommended distance between the monitor and the eye for children is 18 to 28 inches.
Viewing the computer screen closer than 18 inches can strain the eyes. For smartphone, the answer is complete avoidance for kids less than 10 years. Smartphone is causing much more harm than desktop due to its small screen size and convergent
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh,
Avadh Eye Hospital, Patna
Doctor has an experience of 34 yrs, 50000 eye surgeries and 10000 phaco surgeries.
Doctor has pioneered phaco surgery for cataract in undivided bihar and was second person to do so in east india in 1995
Get personalized advice online/take second opinion/book physical appointment online/read complete detail of doctor on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app (better user experience).
I am 23 years old girl. I got no. On my right eye i. E -1.75. I do not eear glasses nor lenses. Will my eye no. Increase with age. If yes/no. Why?
Sir, please also suggest some treatment for my eyes as meanwhile taking Said Megamentin some swelling near eyes and some conjunctivitis sort of feeling was also there. I took azithromycin eye drop and tablet for same. The conjunctivitis was mainly in morning when I awake 01/06/2016 6: 25 PM But it's decreasing now. please suggest further for eyes.
Eye surgeries have evolved a long way. Starting from the most basic of eye surgeries, technological advancement has evolved a number of modern eye surgery techniques. LASIK is the latest trend in eye surgery and is the most common type of eye surgery in the modern day.
LASIK or Lasik (laser assisted situ keratomileusis), is a laser eye surgery or laser vision revision. It is a kind of refractive surgery for the rectification of nearsightedness, hyperopia, and astigmatism. The LASIK surgery is performed by an ophthalmologist who utilizes a laser or microkeratome to reshape the eye's cornea with a specific end goal to enhance visual acuity. For most patients, LASIK gives a lasting contrasting option to eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Carrying out a LASIK surgery:
- To begin with, your eye specialist utilizes either a mechanical surgical apparatus called a microkeratome or a femtosecond laser to make a slender, round "fold" in the cornea.
- The specialist then creases back the pivoted fold to get to the fundamental cornea (called the stroma) and expels some corneal tissue utilizing an excimer laser.
- For partially blind individuals, the objective is to smooth the cornea; with farsighted individuals, a more extreme cornea is fancied.
- Excimer lasers additionally can redress astigmatism by smoothing an unpredictable cornea into a more typical shape. It is a misguided judgment that LASIK can't treat astigmatism.
- Laser eye surgery requires just topical soporific drops, and no wraps or fastens are required.
- After your LASIK surgery is completed, you will be given some rest. You may feel a makeshift smoldering or tingling sensation promptly after the surgery is completed. After some post-surgical examinations, you are ready to go home. Abstain from driving by yourself.
- Immediately after the surgery, you may experience blurred vision or hazy vision. It will subside with a little time.
- You must keep away from any kind of activity that causes strain to the eyes after the surgery. Avoid watching television or reading.
Results of LASIK surgery:
- Laser eye surgery offers various advantages and can significantly enhance your personal satisfaction. A great many people accomplish 20/20 vision or better after the surgery. However, LASIK results do fluctuate from people to people.
- You will have to continue wearing your contact lenses or spectacles. The power will be much less after the surgery.
Side-effects: While this surgery strategy provides effective results, LASIK complications can happen and may incorporate diseases such as night glare, and you may experience starbursts or radiances, especially while driving.
LASIK surgery is one of the most carried eye surgeries nowadays and gives satisfactory results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist and ask a free question.