Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chetana ShettyYour feedback matters!
Acne is a skin condition that leads to breakouts like pimples and other eruptions on the skin, including whiteheads and blackheads. In very severe conditions, an acne breakout may come with pus filled boils too. An acne breakout happens due to various reasons. Inflammation of an infected sebaceous gland leads to this breakout. This infection and consequent inflammation can take place due to hormonal changes, poor diet, as well as high testosterone levels and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Dirt and grime that clog the pores and dead cells that have not been washed off properly can also cause these breakouts. So what kind of skin care regimen can you have in order to prevent acne? Read on to know more.
- Cleaning Acne Prone Areas: You must wash the acne prone areas with soap and warm water at least twice a day. If your case has been very severe in the past, you can even use a medicated soap to wash the neck, shoulders and back as sometimes, acne spreads to these areas as well. Concentrate on the face and remember to clean it to remove dust, grime and other irritants that come from pollution. If this is not done on a regular basis, the particles can block the pores and lead to infection where the dead skin cells play a major role.
- Makeup: If your skin is acne prone, you can use non oily makeup or avoid it on a daily basis, if you can. Non oily makeup does not irritate the sebaceous glands, which can end up secreting excessive oil leading to acne breakouts. Non oily makeup and skincare products are known as non-comedogenic, which do not clog the pores. Also, you must remember to remove your applied makeup carefully before you go to bed, so that the pores are clean and get a chance to breathe rather than getting infected. Further, your old makeup needs to be thrown out regularly even if the products do not come with an expiry date. Invest in new makeup every few months and clean your brushes regularly too.
- Sweat: After a particularly intense workout session or after a run, you must remember to wash you face and take a shower so that the sweat and oil is can be removed, as these lead to breakouts if they are allowed to gather on the skin's surface and enter the pores.
Taking care of your skin with a proper cleaning and hydrating routine is as important is getting the right nutrition as well.
Related Tip: "All About Acne"
My wife facing etching problem for last two years only in open area ie,in arms ,face,neck. Her present age is 53 yrs.Taken enough anti allergic pills without effect.After bath itching increases.She is having sensitve skin & moreover she is hypersensitive psycologically.
I am losing my hair very fast, and now my hair is so thin. I want to make my hair very thick. So suggest me a solution.
I want to get rid of dandruff in my hair. What should I do? Is there any good home-made remedy to make my scalp healthy? *Plus: hair strands are thin and roots are weak*
I have problem of urticaria since last one year and take medicine now it becomes better bt still I will take levocetirizine in the interval of 3-4 days so plzz tell me how much time it will take to cure completely.
Hi my age is 23. I am having dark acne spots on my forehead, can you please suggest the way to get rid of acne and scars.
I am having hair falls so much. I ve used every shampoo available in market and use colors but problem is not solved. Please help me to get rid of it.
I am suffering from Chicken pox and I get maximum black spot on my face please provide me some lotion to cure it and get previous face?
I have been suffering from intense hair fall and my doctor prescribed me finalo twice a week and canitbz daily where as when I read about sideefects of finalo it included symptoms such as loss of libido and erectile dysfunction I am only 24 and un married please suggest should I take this finalo medication.
I am losing hair prickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet .I am not sure what else can I do .can you please help me with this?
I regular get boil or acne on my nose and nearby area can you please suggest Homeopathic medicines. Thanks.
Seeing multiple strands of your hair leave your scalp with shampoo, on the floor while combing or on clothes later on is terrible. It gives a feeling of going bald if such a situation continues unabated, and that feeling is disturbing.
Hair fall has become a major problem for many nowadays. Often lack of proper care and knowledge about hair care products causes damage to hair and eventually hair fall. According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of mind-body structure. Hair is considered as a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall:
1. Dietary modifications: It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of excessive alcohol, meat, coffee, tea and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated by indulging in intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of pomegranate, carrot, spinach and kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong, foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts and milk.
2. Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil: bhringaraja, brahmi, amla, neem, ritha and ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful in hair fall.
3. Yoga and meditation: Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.