Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chetan Velani
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan VelaniYour feedback matters!
Am 28 years old woman I had a normal delivery now I ve completed 3 and half month from delivery, last 3 to 4 days I find blood in my poop I felt little pain while passing poop and afterwards as well please help me how can I get heeled.
I have problem in sleeping. It comes for very less hours even I do exercises in morning. Or its comes in bits n peaces. It comes for 4 -5 hours only.
Does all the sugars like glucose, Fructose, sucrose, lactose etc are equally bad for diabetic patients? Does all the fruits contain same sugars and only their qty differs, making only few fruits suitable for these patients?
Sometimes I have pain in left chest. It is just for a while. Also it pain near breastbone. I feel very fear of that. It gets palpation rapidly. When I bring ecg it is normal. I can't understand why this happen? I also done cholesterol test which is normal. Cpkmb test is also normal. I can't understand what to do.
My father is facing quite a lot problem in speaking and swallowing (solids and semi solids) His words are not clear and the jawline muscles are contracting when he is chewing. Is it similar to parkinson. We have consulted a neuro but there no relief. The medication has been taken for almost 2 years now. Is parkinson curable?
Creative ways to increase water consumption
If you find it cumbersome to force yourself to drink plain old water all the time, there are several other interesting ways to ensure you’re getting the right amount of water. To keep yourself hydrated
• fall in love with herbal or iced teas. Surprise your taste buds with a variety of them such as mint, ginger, lemon, cinnamon, fennel, and peppermint. Herbal teas are known to be rich in antioxidants as well.
• have a bowl of clear soup or cold soup. It will not only fill you up and provide nutrition but also increase the water content in your body.
• similarly you can have combination of vegetable juices too.
• again lemon water, chass n coconut water can also be incorporated.
Stay hydrated stay healthy
My name is beerendra. I am 20 years old. I have asthma whether there is any effect in using asthma preventer for long time. I heard that using longer usage causes bone shrinkage. Are there are vitamins and supplements to help.
There is a palpable buzz around superfoods all over the world. One day quinoa is being hailed as the star among foods and the next day everyone is falling head over heels over the benefits of kuttu (buckwheat).
One wonders what makes certain foods qualify for the ‘superfood’ label. One, they need to be loaded with vital nutrients and vitamins. Second, they need to help in treating or lowering the risk of certain diseases? Let us explore a bit more.
What most of us do not realize is that a lot of superfoods have been around for centuries and our grandparents and ancestors have long been consuming them for their health benefits. It is only now that they have been re-discovered and are hitting the headlines. At the same time, a lot of exotic superfoods are being introduced, which are difficult to source and generally rather expensive.
The food industry wants to persuade us that eating some foods can slow down the ageing process, lift depression, boost our physical ability, and even our intelligence. Had that been the case, mother nature would have created only those foods and not so many kinds of foods, with different nutritive values.
The problem with some of the superfoods being aggressively marketed is that they are exotic in nature. So, unless you have the local or native super foods, not only would they be difficult to source but would also make a huge dent into the pocket. So, one would have something like kale only occasionally. Healthy, yes, but would one consume it every day? Probably not!
We over here prefer to talk about ‘Super Diets’ and like to avoid the use of the term ‘superfoods’. The emphasis is on a healthy, balanced diet, rich in fruits, vegetables and wholegrain foods, which are all easy to source.
So, what should be our strategy to a super diet?
- Eating foods and vegetables that are in season. Seasonal fruits and vegetables provide maximum health benefits and nutritional requirement for that time of the year. For example, bottle gourd (ghiya or doodhi) is a summer vegetable and is widely recommended for weight loss, managing high cholesterol and hypertension. But one must remember that since it is rich in water content (96 gm per 100 gm), it’s consumption during winters will not be as beneficial for our body. This is because it helps to reduce our body heat whereas in winters we want to trap the body heat to maintain our body temperature.
- Going local and consuming foods that are native to our region. Let’s make the best of what is available locally. Our humble jamun available during summers, is very high in Vitamin C content and works as an immunity booster. But, the trend is growing towards consumption of imported, dried cranberries which also give the same nutrition, but at a much higher cost. What we forget is that since jamun is a native fruit, our body is inherently adapted to digesting it better and getting the maximum benefit from it.
- Adopting unprocessed foods from all major food categories. As far as possible, we should banish processed and packaged foods from our shopping basket. For example, readymade breakfast cereals like wheat flakes have added preservatives, hidden sugars and are processed (extrusion method) such that when compared to the old, whole grain wheat dalia, they have far lower nutritional value.
- Focusing on getting our five portions of fruits and vegetables in a day. Eating a variety of foods ensures we get a wide variety of the nutrients our body needs. Fruits and vegetables have differed colours to indicate a different set of vitamins and minerals. So, include as many colours as you can in a day for a super-diet.
- Adjusting our diet based on our needs, ability to digest and medical conditions. For example, soya and its products are a blessing for adding proteins to a vegetarian diet, but if consumed by people with thyroid problem, it can interfere with proper absorption of medicine by the body.
Remember, there are no miracle foods and consuming a certain food is not going to undo the damage caused by unmindful eating. Any food when eaten at the right time and in the right combination shall keep us in good health. A balanced super diet far outweighs any super food in terms of the wholesome nutrition it provides our body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
How tp be in shape without going gym? I have heart problems too. Please help me doctor. Im waiting for your reply.
Sir, I have testicular atrophy in left testicle due to varicocele I want to know whether after varicocelectomy my testicle will become normal or not?
I am newly married guy and I am not giving time to my wife during sex (max. 1 min) I am feeling very ocward so any suggestion from your side is highly appreciable.
I have in lacking in erection for the past two days. When I got up in the morning there was one but none as such later in the day. I tried watching porn and there was some sort of very soft erection once or twice without any feeling of rigidness or something. Am I suffering from erectile dysfunction? Please help.
When I watch porn or masturbate I get normal erection, but when I am doing sex with my partner I loose erection and don't get erect again, help me?
Can a patient suffering from jaundice since 3 week having current bilirubin level 15.3 mg/dL eat food items like -roti, bread, eggs, cooked vegetables, bananas. Please answer specifically with regard to food items asked.
Hi, I am 22 years old female and I have a problem of irregular menses flow from very beginning. I have consulted many doctors and have eaten lots of medicine for it but there is no improvement. In my ultrasound report it detected PCOD. What should I do?
Doctors please let me know how to take care of my sexual health after late 40 and also for my wife. What factors we should take care most? Regarding prostrate and her post menopause. Please give a clear idea so that we can make ready ourself for better health. Because these problems are kind of problems everybody generally avoid and not easy to show up also.
I am not interested in eating. I do not feel hunger daily. And I hav low b.p also is their any solution for my problem?
I have most throat allergy. Every times I suffering cough problem. please help me how can be normal.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it.
A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar health issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty, but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus, reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome, but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
Related Tip: "What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?"