Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan ValaniYour feedback matters!
I am having fever for over three weeks. No medicine is working. The urine is also yellow. What should I do?
Sometimes severe headache started from the back of the head to the upper neck which lasts for even 2-3 days until I take medicine. So I have to take medicine very often for the headache. Can I cure my headache permanently?
I am 20 years old got back pain from last 3 weeks now from monday am getting fever irregularly with high temperature and head ache and body pain what should I do.
Sir I feeling Gary and vomiting! I can't feel normal, I can't walk steadily. At my doctor report hemoglobin levels is 12.5!Two days before I had a bus travel from that onwards it's feel bad.!
I am suffering serum uric acid 18% in my body treatment also running how many days or months i need avoid alcohol.
I am facing a problem with my cock it is very short I feel so how can I make it big and good looking?
I am 34 year old manI have stomach pain since last two months and I had blood report and sonography both are normal I take diffrent tablets from my family doctor taxim of and esoprazole and muospas th4 but still I am not feeling well now what I have to do with stomach pain I have lot of back pain is well actually I have back pain since last five year because I have sitting job please let me know thanks.
Getting good sleep is important in maintaining health. There are several things that you can do to promote good sleep, and ultimately Get Better Sleep.
What is sleep hygiene?
Sleep hygiene is defined as behaviors that one can do to help promote good sleep using behavioral interventions.
Sleep hygiene tips:
Maintain a regular sleep routine
- Go to bed at the same time. Wake up at the same time. Ideally, your schedule will remain the same (+/- 20 minutes) every night of the week.
Avoid naps if possible
- Naps decrease the ‘Sleep Debt’ that is so necessary for easy sleep onset.
- Each of us needs a certain amount of sleep per 24-hour period. We need that amount, and we don’t need more than that.
- When we take naps, it decreases the amount of sleep that we need the next night – which may cause sleep fragmentation and difficulty initiating sleep, and may lead to insomnia.
Don’t stay in bed awake for more than 5-10 minutes.
- If you find your mind racing, or worrying about not being able to sleep during the middle of the night, get out of bed, and sit in a chair in the dark. Do your mind racing in the chair until you are sleepy, then return to bed. No TV or internet during these periods! That will just stimulate you more than desired.
- If this happens several times during the night, that is OK. Just maintain your regular wake time, and try to avoid naps.
Don’t watch TV or read in bed.
- When you watch TV or read in bed, you associate the bed with wakefulness.
- The bed is reserved for two things – sleep and hanky panky.
Drink caffeinated drinks with caution
- The effects of caffeine may last for several hours after ingestion. Caffeine can fragment sleep, and cause difficulty initiating sleep. If you drink caffeine, use it only before noon.
- Remember that soda and tea contain caffeine as well.
Avoid inappropriate substances that interfere with sleep
- Cigarettes, alcohol, and over-the-counter medications may cause fragmented sleep.
- Exercise before 2 pm every day. Exercise promotes continuous sleep.
- Avoid rigorous exercise before bedtime. Rigorous exercise circulates endorphins into the body which may cause difficulty initiating sleep
- Have a quiet, comfortable bedroom
- Set your bedroom thermostat at a comfortable temperature. Generally, a little cooler is better than a little warmer.
- Turn off the TV and other extraneous noise that may disrupt sleep.
- Background ‘white noise’ like a fan is OK.
- If your pets awaken you, keep them outside the bedroom.
- Your bedroom should be dark. Turn off bright lights.
- Have a comfortable mattress.
If you are a ‘clock watcher’ at night, hide the clock.
Have a comfortable pre-bedtime routine
- A warm bath, shower
- Meditation, or quiet time