Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chetan Shah
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan ShahYour feedback matters!
Why warts can't turn in to cancer. Children and adults all well get warts .which is caused by human papilloma virus. This doesn't turn in to cancer. why Only some hpv turns in to cancer.
Sir, what to do for prostrate first grade, what precautions should to take, and type of fruits should be taken.
My age is 62 female.in 2013 I had Whipple surgery for duodenal carcinoma, ist stage. Till now everything is OK but last 4-5 days I feel stomach pain and some air from chest to down. I feel uncomfortable some time and can't stand then I sit down and feel OK. Whole day 3-4 times pain start and go, is there any serious problem.
Skin cancer is a condition with abnormal and cancerous skin growth. This often develops due to the over exposure of skin to the sun rays. The three main types of skin cancer include basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. Skin cancer affects those areas of skin which remains sun-exposed, including ears, neck, chest, scalp, lips, face, hands, arm and legs. It can also develop on those areas of skin that are not exposed to sunlight like beneath toenails or fingernails, on palms and on genital area.
Here are some of the factors which increase your risks of getting skin cancer:
- Fair complexion: Low levels of the pigment melanin in skin causes fair complexion. Fair- skinned individuals who have a history of hazel or blue eyes, repeated sunburns and people who have red or blond hair are highly susceptible to developing this form of cancer. Less pigment in skin makes an individual more vulnerable to skin damage from harmful UV radiation.
- Excessive sun exposure: Exposure to the sun may lead to the development of skin cancer, if you don't protect your skin by sunscreen and clothing. Tanning beds and lamps may also increase the risk of developing this type of skin cancer.
- High-altitude places: The exposure to sunlight is more intense in areas of high altitude and near the equator. Living at higher elevation also makes you more vulnerable to radiation because the sunlight is strongest there.
- Moles: People with abnormal moles are at a higher risk of developing skin cancer. These moles are irregular in shape and are larger than normal moles.
- Precancerous skin lesions: Your risk of developing skin cancer increases if you have skin lesion. These are scaly and rough patches that range from brown to dark pink in color. The most commonly affected areas are head, hands and face of fair-skinned people.
- Weak immune system: Weak immune system caused by HIV or AIDS and immunosuppressant drugs that you take after an organ transplant may increase your risk of developing skin cancer.
My friend having muscle pain, feeling tried ness, shortness of breathe. And having multinodular thyroid. Is it symptom of throat cancer.
With the dawn of modern technology, the sight of robots performing a surgery under the control of an expert surgeon is fast turning into a reality. Robotic surgery is one of the latest and greatest advancements in surgical cancer care. It is, mostly, sought for its unmatched levels of precision and control.
The da Vinci Robot, which is the only medically approved robotic surgical system, employs the use of 3D vision for the surgeon, and extremely precise agile robotic tools. This surgical method is one of the greatest inventions in modern surgery that aims to provide greater control to the surgeon at all times. For patients, this means quicker recovery times, minimal scarring, lower complications and higher satisfaction.
Robotic cancer surgery can be performed for most of the cancer surgeries. However, the maximum benefit is for the following conditions:
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Gynaecologic cancer
- Thyroid tumors
- Lung cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
Benefits of robotic cancer surgery:
- Less scarring: The minimally invasive approach of robotic surgery contributes to minimal scarring. Instead of having a deeper incision of up to 5 or 6” on the skin, patients can have a series of small incisions or one relatively smaller incision, based on the nature of the surgery.
- Shorter hospitalization: With minimal incisions, postoperative care is speeded and pain is lessened. This surgery will not require the patients to stay for a prolonged period of time in the hospital. At the most, they tend to spend up to two nights in the hospital, if the situation demands so. As a result of this, within no time, you can get back to your normal life.
- Limited drugs: With traditional surgery, typically a patient is administered a lot of painkillers to alleviate pain. However, with robotic surgeries, thanks to decreased postoperative pain after surgery, the patient will not need excessive painkillers to help them deal with pain.
- No blood loss: During traditional open surgery, patients tend to typically lose between 600cc to 1000cc of blood, depending on the area of treatment. As a result, postoperative transfusion of blood becomes a necessity. However, during robotic surgery, blood loss is usually 200cc or less and so there is no need for transfusions.
- Accuracy and precision: The 3D vision and other advanced tools employed by robotic surgery allow for better surgical accuracy, which is greatly needed in cancer surgeries. Especially in the case of prostate cancer, if tumour is in a critical location, then a robotic surgery is handy to carry out the procedure, without damaging the important nerves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
My dad 67 years old previous years he had 3 operation 1. 2012 Heart attack 3 block admitted in godbole thane operation successful done. 2. After 3 months problem in prostate size was increased laser operation done. 3. After 8 months dad slipped at home and hip gets cracked and the hip gets replaced artificial and after 3 year still hip pain a lot he walk properly but sometime hip gets stuck and we had gone to bone specialists they see x-ray of the hip and they said that we have to do re operation. What to do?
Lungs are the most important organ of our body that has the responsibility of taking in the oxygen and releasing out carbon dioxide. When cancer develops in it, the entire body gets imbalanced. Lung cancer leads to more death than any other type of cancer, which is why identifying the symptoms and knowing the causes are instrumental in obtaining a timely diagnosis as well as in prevention of this disease.
Symptoms of Lung Cancer
In the early stages:
- Persistent coughing
- Chest pain
- Loss of appetite
- Sudden weight loss
- Coughing up blood
In the later stages:
Causes of Lung Cancer
Smoking: People who smoke are more prone to lung cancer. With the increase in the number of cigarettes you smoke, your chances of getting lung cancer increase too. People who don't smoke but are surrounded by the smokers also have high chances of being affected by this form of cancer.
Exposure to Asbestos: Asbestos is a group of mineral, which is present naturally in the environment. Lung cancer can occur due to the inhalation and ingestion of asbestos fibers.
Exposure to Ranon Gas: Ranon is a radioactive gas, which is formed naturally on decaying of radioactive elements. It is found in low levels in the air that we breathe and the water that we drink. Consumption of air and water having this gas leads to lung cancer.
High Levels of Air Pollution: Presence of high levels of dust particles and pollutants in the air that we breathe can cause lung cancer. 1-2% of lung cancer is caused because of it.
High Levels of Arsenic in Drinking Water: Consuming water with arsenic content is harmful. Some studies suggest that it is associated with increased risk of lung cancer.
Exposure to Chemicals: Exposure to certain chemicals like uranium, coal products, gasoline, diesel exhaust and mustard gas can also cause lung cancer.
Family History of Lung Cancer: Chances of getting lung cancer increase if your parents, child or siblings are already prone to lung cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.