Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan M ParmarYour feedback matters!
I m 18 year old female. I have a problem of loss of hair fall. I wnat to grow my hairs longer so please suggest what to do.
I am 50 yrs. Old woman and suffering knee pain since last 10 yrs. Using medicine for relief but it is not controlling. Please let me know what is the permanent solution.
Respected sir I am feeling ill from few days and even I am not able to sleep at all please help in that.
I m 25 years old n newly married I just wanted to ask that I am having my periods twice within 8 days after completing my regular periods what is the reason please tell me.
I am 21 year old boy. From last some days I am feeling very weakness in my body and m doing all things usually those I do earlier. Yesterday due to this. It is difficult work for me to walk alone. Pls help me.
My friends body temperature gets up and down she had pain in her throat continuously can she do the thyroid test.
I am suffering from back pain from last 2-3 months. I working minimum 10 hours sitting job and I think this pain is just because of my sitting job. Please help me and suggest.
STDs or STIs are usually transmitted from one person to another through body fluids while being in a physical relationship. Herpes, Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhea are some of the common STDs you may be susceptible to. These diseases are extremely unpleasant and usually cause long term health issues. Sometimes they might even be fatal. Here are a few ways you could use to prevent yourself from getting affected with STDs:
- Abstinence: The best and most certain way of preventing STDs is practicing abstinence. Although abstinence from any type of sexual activities including oral, vaginal or anal sex is a surefire method of prevention, it is not a very realistic method to do so. If you don't want to practice abstinence, make sure you educate yourself about other prevention methods.
- Single partner: Practicing monogamy in terms of sex is the safest kind of sexual activity. Make sure both you and your partner get tested for any STD. If you and your partner are not suffering from any STD and you both agree to practice monogamy with each other, then you automatically cut down on the risk of suffering from STDs.
- Talk: Talk to your sexual partner about his/her sexual health. Inform him/her about yours as well. Avoid having sex with someone who does not inform you with his or her sexual health information.
- Avoid taking drugs or alcohol: Try not to get drunk or take drugs before having sex. They reduce inhibitions which actually tend to make you reckless. You tend to become more adventurous and do not keep the sexual hygiene in mind at that time. Using a condom in the influence of alcohol and drugs can also result in a condom failure. Be sober enough before you have sex.
- Do not indulge with a person with symptoms: If someone shows symptoms of suffering from any kind of STD, do not indulge in any sexual activity with him or her. Refrain from having sex with him or her until he or she is treated by a doctor.
- Take precaution: Use different forms of protection while having sex to prevent pregnancy as well as STDs. But you have to realize the fact that these forms of protection are not full proof and always have a slight percentage of risk embedded in them.
Be extremely careful before you indulge in any type of sexual activity with anyone. After all, your health is in your hands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have problem of acne on my forehead before 2 days from menstrual cycle. What can I do to remove the acne?
Hi today only my mother received the report and diagnosed with BIRADS category II what does that mean? Her ultrasound report is normal? Is there any chance that she is having cancer or everything is normal! Should we remove the lump that she is having in her breast? Her age is 51 Please tell me.
Since its inception, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) has been used for healing wounded tissues. It has been majorly used as a remedy for connective tissue damage. Owing to recent advancements in medical research, PRP finds its application in hair restoration therapy.
PRP for hair restoration is a developing non-surgical technique to stimulate hair growth. This therapeutic process finds its vital use in fuelling hair growth in male and female suffering from hair loss. The entire concept of PRP revolves round the body's natural healing power. It amplifies the healing mechanism and enhances the density of hair.
Advantages of PRP:
- PRP enhances the growth of follicular hair cells
- PRP upgrades the blood supply to scalp
- The hair growth cycle is elevated
- Swelling of scalp is decreased to a greater extent
- All the factors contributing to hair growth are supplied
PRP is essentially an intense source of platelets. It consists of numerous growth factors, which can promote the healing power of skin and scalp. When PRP is used along with hair transplant surgery, it enhances the growth rate of follicular hair grafts. If PRP is used to treat hair loss, it significantly minimizes the rate of hair fall.
The Procedure of PRP:
The complete PRP procedure is very simple and patient experiences minimal pain. Blood is drawn from the patient in an amount equal to that of taken during any blood test. The blood is rotated with a high frequency in a centrifuge to detach the PRP from the rest of the blood. Next, the PRP is concentrated to thrice the normal blood count by spinning it in a closed sterile system. The procedure makes PRP devoid of granulocyte, which otherwise hampers the cell regeneration system of the body. The scalp of the patient is supplied with anesthesia so that the patient undergoes minimal pain. Finally, the PRP is infused into the scalp of the patient. No further medication is required.
How effective is PRP?
PRP is completely safe and natural. It does not involve any kind of modification of cells. It just concentrates the growth factors in blood so as to promote the hair growth. No blood infection occurs during the process. Thus, it can be easily undertaken by anyone suffering from hair loss. However, it is completely a personal choice.
Psoriasis, a complex immune–mediated disease
Psoriasis is a complex immune–mediated disease and is a common disorder that affects men and women equally. The disease can manifest at any age; however, the peak times for disease onset are young adulthood (ages 20 to 30 years) and late middle age (ages 50 to 69 years).
There are several clinical subtypes of psoriasis. The most common presentation of psoriasis is plaque psoriasis, which presents as sharply defined erythematous plaques with overlying silvery scales. The most commonly affected areas include scalp, extensor surface of elbows, knees and back.
Psoriasis may also affect the joints. Psoriatic arthritis occurs in about 30 percent of patients with psoriasis, and precedes the skin manifestations in about 15 percent of patients.
In most patients, a diagnosis of psoriasis can be made by history and physical examination. But, sometimes, a skin biopsy is needed to rule out other conditions.
Numerous topical and systemic therapies are available for the treatment of psoriasis. The treatment approach for the individual patient depends on the severity of the disease, relevant comorbidities, patient preference (including cost and convenience), efficacy and evaluation of individual patient response.