Find numerous Allergist/Immunologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Chaya DesaiYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old female. I am suffering from allergic asthma. Since 8years using Formonide 200 respicaps which gives temporary relief. Kindly suggest methods for a permanent relief. Cold climates and foods r more allergens.
I am 61 years, retired spending time at home with grandchild. I am bronchitisis patient for so long and pulmonary embolisation twice once in 2012 and second in2014. I have mild prostrate complaint for which taking one tablet'afdura" daily. I am also hepatitis b positive, diagonosed 3-4 years back, but did not require any medication. My present problem is I am suffering from acute weakness, feeling empty stomach even after eating. The condition is getting worsened day by day. I think I sleep sound from 11 pm to 6 am, except for getting up once during night for urination. I have checked for thyroid, but negative. All other clinical/diagnostic tests are found to be normal. I frequently do suffer from mouth ulcers. An endoscopy was done and h-pyroli was detected for which two week's medicine-course was undertaken. Please Advise.
Mujhe hmesa cough rhta hai 2-3 years ho gye Before 3 year bronchitis tha and immune system bhi weak hai. please advice
Sir I have a question. I have allergy from GAJAR GHAAS. Its commonly grown in this season only. From it I have allergy in my nose and whenever I go in the area where it grows I started sneezing badly and nose started watering. Please if you have any solution give it to me. Waiting for response.
I have asthma. I have problem in my lungs. My lungs are hyperinflated and also my bronchovascular marking are increased .please help me and suggest me how can I prevent this problem. Is inhalers are best to use everyday? Is that levolin inhaler steroid? Is there any side effect of steroid?
I am suffering from asthma. I already consulted with doctor. He said that medicine would be take for life time. So my question is how I can stop the medicine and how I can feel better to another way?
I am severely allergic to dust and strong odours. I start sneezing when I come in contact with these. What can I do?
Seasonal allergies are usually characterized by sneezing, coughing and other allergic reactions. Also known as hay fever and allergic rhinitis, the condition tends to appear only during certain seasons of the year. The disease is triggered by changes in the weather and exposure to certain allergens like dust. The allergens cause the body to release histamine into the blood thus, resulting in symptoms of allergy.
The symptoms of seasonal allergy are:
- Congestion in the nose
- You may experience a blocked and runny nose
- You may have an itchy nose
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall well-being. The various Ayurvedic remedies for treating seasonal allergies are:
- Restrict Dairy Intake: You need to cut dairy out of your diet as dairy products have all the characteristics of a cold food. They tend to create imbalance in the “kapha” dosha in the body, thus leading to various diseases.
- Ayurvedic Detox: Consider doing an Ayurvedic detoxification to cleanse the body of the various toxins. It helps in smoothing out the “dosha” balance and hence improves your overall well-being.
- Nasya: This process requires you to put drops of medicated oils inside your nostrils. This lubricates the nasal cavity and prevents the allergens from causing an allergic reaction in the body.
- Eat More Warm Foods: Try to eat warm and cooked foods as much as possible. Eating frozen foods is not recommended as the nutrients from the food may not be absorbed properly owing to a weak digestive system which may be the result of a bout of severe seasonal allergies. Include foods such as soups and porridge and you have a perfect dish to gorge on.
- Exercise on a Regular Basis: Make sure you exercise on a regular basis to improve your fitness levels and also to keep a check on your weight. Certain “yoga” poses such as the downward dog and the cobra help to improve the digestive process. Add cardio workouts such as running and swimming to improve the health of the lungs.
- Add Spices: Add spices to your cooking such as turmeric or garlic as they help in rejuvenating the respiratory system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.