Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChaudharyYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor. Actually my friend's baby is 30 day borned baby. Having a critical health issue which whatever intake of food/water immediately loose motioned. Now admitted and monitoring in intensive neonatal care unit and treatment going on. I just need to make clear what may be the issue. Very confused. Help me doctor.?
Hi doctor, I have 3 year old son. I am giving him vitamin d syrup (1ml/day, uprise d3, 400iu/per day) supplement since 6 months. There is no sun light exposure for him as you know in apartment culture getting sunlight is very difficult. Will it have any side effect? Thanks.
Ayurvedic Perspective of Migraine and its management
Migraine is one of the worst headaches a person can experience. It is described as a throbbing or pulsating pain that can be on one side of the head. It can begin in a specific area and then spread while it builds in intensity. A migraine is associated with nausea and vomiting. The person will also be sensitive to light, sounds and even certain smells. Sleeping can be difficult and many people become depressed. They can last for a couple of hours or for several days.
Therapies Generally Used.
External treatments along with the internal preparations are very effective in chronic conditions. Panchakarma helps to remove the accumulated toxins and help to strengthen the nerve system. Involvement of other systemic disorders is also taken into account before deciding the treatment protocols.
1. Thala pothichil : Various kinds of paste (grinded mixture of selected herbs in suitable liquid media ) over the forehead / entire head help for the sudden relief from the ache. The preparations help to normalize the hyper action of the nerve cells and regulates the blood circulation towards the brain
2. Thalam : Special herbal powders suitable to reduce the Dosha vitiation, are selected and mixed with suitable liquid media(oils/ghee) and this medicated herbal paste is applied lukewarm over the crown of head (Anatomically over the Bregma point on skull). (Dur 25-45min).
3. Shiro abhyanga : Head Massaging with Oils suitable for the Dosha vitiation, helps to increase the blood circulation towards brain and also helps to relax the spastic muscles on head. Special care is taken to massage the Marmas or the Vital points on head which have marvelous results.
4. Nasya : Nasya (application of herbal preparations through nostrils) is one of the treatments which directly acts on the nerves and removes the toxins accumulated in the sinuses. Mucus lining inside the nostrils are one of the areas where numerous nerve endings are exposed. The medicated oils applied through Nasya directly acts on these nerve endings and help to pacify Vata Dosha in disturbed nerves and control the abnormal impulses gernerated by these nerves. The special preparations used for Nasya drains the mucus deposited in the sinuses thereby the pressure in this area is relieved. The medicinal contents of the oils administered, stimulate the higher centers of brain which have actions on regulation of endocrine, nervous system and circulatory functions.
5. Shiro dhara : Shiro dhara with Takram (medicated butter milk) is also another important therapy which is used to control the vitiated vata kapha doshas localized head.(Dur 25-75min) Other Panchakarma treatments like Vasti (a course of medicated oil and decoction enemas), Virechana (purgation) also helps to put the toxins out from the body.
After the Panchakarma therapies, special preparations called Rasayana (immunoregulatory) is administered. Rasayana preparations improve the immune system further improving the perception of sense organs. Migraine due to other systemic involvement like psychological problems, digestive problems, blood pressure, ophthalmic problems, immune problem, improper menstruation, etc will be relieved when treated according to the specific treatment told for these diseases.
My eldest daughter lifted my newborn (one month old) and her head hit the ceiling fan (it was on). There are no bumps on my baby's head and the hit wasn't that strong. Will this affect her as she grows up?
Hi my daughter is suffering from wheezing which is diagnosed today. My daughter is 9 years old and all the vaccines are completely given, she often has cold and cough. Is this wheezing permanently curable in ayurveda and Homeopathic. Please answer me and also suggest some home remedy for the same. Thank you.
My 7 year old son is doing throat clearing and some coughing for about 3 months. Xray shows enlarged adenoids. Could it be the reason or it is a tick only. He has. No other issues.
I feed to my kid, now my kid is one year old, while feeding my kid bite on nipples it's cause too much and unable to feed the kid Please help.
So you've decided to straighten your teeth and get a great smile that too naturally but the road to a brilliant smile comes with a guide map and here are some of the key stops.
1. Keep them clean
While braces are a great tool that work on natural teeth with no side effects, caring for braces is extremely essential in order to ensure that you don't end up with any post orthodontic dental work.
Braces be it metal or ceramic tend to accumulate food and in turn cause cavities or stains. A lot of people suffer from post braces unnecessary treatments only because they couldn't keep them clean.
2. Know what foods to avoid
Wherever you are in your braces journey remember when you started you were warned about a bunch of things you have to stop eating and drinking. That memory maybe fading away but the truth is the dietary restrictions need to be followed atleast to a certain extent if you want the braces off on schedule.
Foods like pizzas, sticky candies or biting into anything from your front teeth is a strict no as it'll cause the front braces to come off and besides interrupting the treatment you may also end up hurting yourself.
Sodas should be avoided as they cause the braces glue to dissolve and they come off your teeth earlier than we would want.
3. Bracket breaks
The system of braces is basically individual brackets that are placed on your teeth to move them and a wire that engages all these brackets together.
A common occurrence with braces is the brackets come off or break if you're not careful. When this happens it's like a derailing a machine everything comes to a standstill and its very important to get this fixed at the earliest for the treatment to continue efficiently.
Bracket breakage can be prevented by maintaining dietary precautions, efficient brushing and avoiding trauma to the face.
4. Be on the lookout for pain or blisters
Although less common now there's an occasional chance of slight pain or ulceration after braces are placed in the mouth for the first time. Our body is getting used to a large foreign object and it may react by rejecting the areas that hurt and forming an ulcer which may last a few days and settle.
The pain sensation of tightness and tooth movement can be eased with a mild anti inflammatory or pain killer on the first appointment if need be.
5. Don't miss appointments
Missing your regular dental appointment is bad enough but your orthodontic (braces) appointment is the most important day of the month for you. Skipping or missing this appointment disrupts the schedule of tooth movement and you may delay an already prolonged treatment procedure.
So if you want that brilliant smile be as soon as possible follow the steps above and you will breeze through your orthodontics treatment without a snag!
My son is 3 years old. His hb is 7. 7. Last 6 months ago there was d same problem. and most important thing is that whatever we eat means green veg. and pulses. We give him. We don' t take fast food. What should I do
My baby girl cries so often for past few days and is having poor feeding. She is teething fast. please advice.
I have a female child about 16 month she has bow legs is it curable by physiotherapy or by any surgery.
My 12 month old baby monthly he is having fever . What to do. And even the climate is also bad. Two day rain two days hot sun. because of that. I want to improve his immune power.
Sir, my daughter is three years old and still her voice is not very clear, she cannot speak a sentence clearly. She's very active by nature. Please help i'm worried.
मेरे बच्चे की उम्र 3 साल की हो गई हे वो अवि वि माँ का ही दूध् पीता हे बहुत बार कोशिश की पर हल नही मिला क्या कोई उपाय हे जिस से दूध् पीना छोड दे
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
My baby is 1. 7 month old baby girl. She is on feed and I want to reduce my weight as well wanted to start baby potty training pl help how.
My 3 months kid is having cough and cold from past one half week, it has improved but again after two days it started, she is having slight fever of 99 . I am giving her nasoclear drops and mantra drops .kindly help.
After multiple patients have asked us about the authenticity of oil pulling as a technique, here's what we have to say:
There is no denying all of us wait for a miracle cure to that terrible disease called dental decay. Much of a dentists or a dental hygienists time goes into answering the question,
why do cavities happen? or how do I prevent cavities?
While people usually assume the answer is brushing and flossing there are some lesser known ancient techniques and some ultramodern gadgets that have contributed to our arsenal of options to keep your mouth healthy.
Oil pulling being one of them has been in the limelight of late.
What is oil pulling?
This oral therapy is a type of ayurvedic medicine that dates back 3, 000 years. It involves swishing approximately 1 tablespoon of oil typically coconut, sesame, or sunflower oil in semisolid form (as shown in the pic) in your mouth for about 20 minutes and then spitting it out.
Start with just 5 minutes a day. Twenty minutes of swishing is a long time, and while the longer you pull, the more bacteria you'll remove, 5 or 10 minutes will still offer some benefit.
A gentle swishing, pushing, and sucking the oil through the teeth is all that's required
Don't swallow. if you find it hard not to, you likely have too much oil in your mouth, spit it out and try again with a smaller amount. just discard the used oil into the nearest cup or trash can.
Why oil pulling? how does it work?
Recent studies show that oil pulling helps against gingivitis, plaque, and microorganisms that cause bad breath.
How? most microorganisms inhabiting the mouth consist of a single cell, cells are covered with a lipid, or fatty, membrane, which is the cell's skin. When these cells come into contact with oil, a fat, they naturally adhere to each other.
Use coconut oil. While you can get the same bacteria-fighting benefits with sesame or sunflower oil, coconut oil has the added benefit of lauric acid, which is well-known for its anti-microbial agents. Also, a recent study found that coconut oil may help prevent tooth decay.
coconut and sunflower oil aren't the only oils with dental health benefits. For irritated, inflamed gums, rub a little vitamin e oil directly on the surface. It's rich in antioxidants, easily absorbed, and helps regenerate healthy gum tissue.
Whitening teeth by keeping clean and smooth surfaces that do not lodge food.
Eliminates bad breath
Preventing gum infections caused by harmful bacteria in the mouth
It doesn't reverse the effects of tooth decay, but it's a great supplemental therapy to reduce the bacterial count in the mouth thereby decreasing the likelihood of decay and other dental and systemic diseases.
The only disclaimer we would want to put in is
Do not ingest or swallow the oil in all your enthusiasm and,
Don't skip brushing and flossing. Oil pulling should never replace routine dental visits and traditional home oral care.
While oil pulling can't change your life or make you never need to go to a dentist again -try it for yourself, if it reduces your chances of decay and maybe even helps you ace your next dental visit with no new cavities.
We say thumbs up! pull away!
Please try this safe and natural practice and let us know how you find it in the comments section.