Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. Chasanal RathodYour feedback matters!
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Once my hand was hit by a cricket ball on ring finger 1 year back but it still pains what should I do?
Hi I am a male 38 feeling pain in shoulder & neck, having pain on the back side of foot, from last 1 week. No uric acid, no bp only low vitamin d 7. 5
Just recently I had hit a wall with my foot. When it was happened it is a small pain then gradually the pain raise and swell in the affected area. suggest me what to do?
I have slip disk at l4l5 level, nerve compression. I from 5 months had radiating pain from butt to shin but it is subsided. Now I am able to walk for 2 km continuously but my both foot sole pain and becomes red. Foot pain and red Colour increases when I stand. But this pain is little less when I walk. And I will not have pain when I sit or lie down. I am taking gabapin nt 100 mg. please suggest wat to do.
Helo Dr. Mujhe back problem hai bohot pain hota or kabhi kabhi kisi bhi part mein meri nass chad jati hai bohot problem mein hu or kaafi low feel karti hu. Aap bataiye main kya karu.
I have overweight of 81 since six months and my body suffering from swallowing and bone joint pain, please suggest how to lose overweight?
Hi from few days I I am feeling a lot of pain at the back of the neck especially while moving neck. It could be related to vein or muscle spasm, So could you suggest me any medication.
My sister have continuous pain in her spine. Is it because of wrong postures? Please suggest some exercises and yoga too. Thanks.
I am having fever on and off, felling cold because of heavy sweating, felling weakness some times, body pain, back pain, joint pain in legs with itching. Please assist me as soon as possible its important as its increasing.
Decline in muscle strength and flexibility, slower balance reflexes and some vision problems are some of the prevalent causes of falling down amongst elders.