Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Charu P SuraiyaYour feedback matters!
I'm a mother of a daughter who completed 4 years this month. But I'm facing a big problem and that is she is not eating any thing except milk. She generally does not feel hungry for whole day. But she is very much active also .she keeps on playing without any food or juice. She is just taking approximately 400 ml of milk in one day and whole night. She is not taking single drop of juice also. She doesn't like any kind of eatable Items which other children of her age eat like chocolate, ice creams,cakes, any kind of junk food also she do not like. have done her blood test her hemoglobin level is 6. Which is very low. Im giving her Hemsi Pd drops and "Bevon syrup. For her growth. Her weight is just 9 kg and height also short. Can you suggest any syrup for growth and height and for making her hungry for food.
Hello sir/ mam. Please my three year old son dont want to take milk. He want to eat only roti all the time, i' m so worried about him please suggest me what I do?
Hi Sir Just need your guidance about health drinks for my 3 years old daughter. Is it good for her eg. Horlicks, bournvita etc. Please suggest, should I go for these items or avoid usage?
I'm a new mom, my baby is of 5.5 months, his birth a. Is 3.5 kg and last month his weight is 7.5 kg, i'm Giving only breast milk till now, is it good to continue with it till complete 6 months? Please suggest and now a days he is not sleeping properly at night time wake up for every hour, some peoples are saying to give solids so that he'll sleep for long time, Please suggest I have severe hair fall from 3 months, is it common in postpartum, how I can get my hairs back.
I am a mother of a 9 month old girl child and she is having fever 100.5 degree fahrenheit. Kindly let me know which medicine I can do during night time and is dere any doctor available for small infants near rohini delhi.
Since last week my son is facing severe cough and cold problem. Tried 2 ped. But no improvement. Pls suggest.
My son is 7 years old. He is thin. Every after 4 to 5 days, he is suffering from cold and then cough. What I will do and what I give to him to improve his health. What is the best drink like bournvita, pediasure or horlick etc.
Hallo, doctor my son age 5 month 15 days, weight:- 5. 3kg, he had suffered the whole of heart (size-6mm). So what I can do?
Hi, My daughter is 2 years and 10 months old now. She doesn't like to eat any food even sweets or ice cream. She eats only baby food. That also takes 1 hour to finish each time. When she sees any food she starts to cry and then run away. She doesn't want to chew any food we eat. If I force, she will swallow and then vomit. I allowed her hungry for a day. But no use. I tried many tips like decorative food and all. But it didn't help. How can I get her to chew food?
Here are Symptoms of ADHD and how to handle the Children suffering with ADHD.
My daughter is 12 years old her face texture has changed. She has got tiny heat pimples on her forehead and on back of her neck. She has got blackheads on her nose. She uses antidandruf shampoo for her hair and clean and clear face wash. Can you suggest how to remove that blackhead and improve her skin texture.
Whether you have a toddler or a teen, I believe, five of the best strategies to improve nutrition and encourage smart eating habits in kids would be :
1. Have regular family meals.
2. Serve a variety of healthy foods and snacks.
3. Be a role model by eating healthy yourself.
4. Avoid battles over food.
5. Make eating a playtime and probably a way of spending quality time with your kids.involve them in the process.
Kids who take part in regular family meals are also:
- more likely to eat fruits, vegetables, and grains
- less likely to snack on unhealthy foods
- less likely to smoke, use marijuana, or drink alcohol
You could Follow these basic guidelines:
1. Work fruits and vegetables into the daily routine, aiming for the goal of at least five servings a day.
2. Make it easy for kids to choose healthy snacks by keeping fruits and vegetables on hand and ready to eat. Other good snacks include low-fat yogurt, peanut butter and celery, or whole-grain crackers.
3. Serve lean meats and other good sources of protein, such as fish, eggs, beans, soya, tofu.
4. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals so kids get more fiber.
5. Limit fat intake by avoiding fried foods and choosing healthier cooking methods, such as broiling, grilling, roasting, and steaming. Choose low-fat or nonfat dairy products.
6. Limit fast food and low-nutrient snacks, such as chips and candy. But don't completely ban favorite snacks from your home. Instead, make them "once-in-a-while" foods, so kids don't feel deprived.
7. Limit sugary drinks, such as soda and fruit-flavored drinks. Serve water and low-fat milk instead.
And above all ----- Be a Role Model Yourself!
The best way for you to encourage healthy eating is to eat well yourself.!!!!
That's all for now, for my next dose(article) ...stay tuned!
Parents are responsible not only for the birth of the child, but also for their well-being. For children, their parents are their first teachers, who inculcate in them the right manners, attitudes and habits. Consequently, you too must be careful in deciding what habits and manners you pass down to your children.
Some of the habits that you should teach your children are:
- Eating healthy food: Children always have the propensity to consume junks and avoid healthy food. It is the duty of the parents to correct this and teach their kids to eat healthy food. You must explain and elucidate the importance and nutritional value of eating healthy food. At the same time, the harm caused by the junk food must also be brought to their notice. You should introduce multiple fruits and green vegetables in the diet. Eating healthy food is a habit that reaps great benefits in the long run.
- Table manners: Children eating on their own generally create a mess. Therefore, you must teach your child the right table manners. When to use spoon or fork and what should be the etiquettes that must be observed while eating with a large group of people must be known to a child. You should begin to treat your child as a grown up as he or she sits at the table.
- Regular brushing of the teeth: The importance of teeth is most acutely felt with advanced age. Therefore, it is imperative that you teach your children to take good care of their teeth. You must educate your child about the necessity of good teeth and see to it that they brush daily and twice a day. Brushing in the morning as well as before going to sleep is equally important and the child must be aware of it.
- Early to bed: It is necessary for children to get adequate sleep. Therefore, you must make it a habit from the very start to put them to sleep early and see to it that that they get sufficient rest.
- Play outdoors: You must make it a habit for your children to play outside more often. Staying at home without any activity has serious repercussions like obesity and lethargy. Therefore, it is extremely important that children involve in sufficient physical activity.
1)Following vaccine injections the child may have soreness, redness, itching, swelling or burning at the injection site for 24-72 hours. Don't rub or maasage the effected area.Application of ice bag will provide some help.Paracetamol might be required to ease the discomfort.
Sometimes a small, hard lump (nodule) at the injection site may
persist for some weeks or months. One should not get worried for this and it does not require any treatment.
2)Post vaccination rise in temperature is very common. Give extra fluids to drink. Do not overdress the baby if hot. Although routine use of paracetamol after vaccination is not recommended, if fever is present, paracetamol can be given. The dose of paracetamol for a child up to 12 years of age is 15 mg/kg/dose, every 4 to 6 hours, up to four times a day.
If fever persists for longer duration,swelling/redness progressively increases or child becomes irritable/ behaves abnormally consult your pediatrician for evaluation.