Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Charu P SuraiyaYour feedback matters!
My nephew is suffering from hypoglycea? He had low sugar at birth time, now he is unable to see, sit, stand, walk. Can he be OK ever or not? If yes then how? Now he is 4 years old.
I have a daughter of 3 years old. She has constipation problems. She gets motion after 2 and 3 days. When she gets motion she is crying like anything. And also I found her vent hole is very small and reddish. Please help me doctor.
Multiple small subcentimetric lymphadenopathy likely to be normal. This is my 2 years old boy usg report. Is it normal?
Dear my doctor, My new born child (male) born on 28th july 2015, what is the milk feed rate for 1 month from this date daily wise. Thanking you sir.
When I can do my baby's massage after born? Which oil is best for baby massage? Can I use home made butter for baby massage?
my baby is one and of year old. She did not get food properly. Any time she asking milk. She likes egg and she eating egg for two times for one day. Its good or bay for her health?
My baby is premature baby born in 7th month. Now he is 5 months old. Some red spots came on his cheeks. Is they are harmful?
My 2 years old son has throat infection and white spot on his tonsils in every 20 to 30 days.After taking medicines including antibiotics he recover in 5 to 7 days and in some times in 10 days . It happens again and again. His doctor says its allergy and last in 5 to 7 years . In those days he eats very little and some times he drinks only water. Is there any solution?
My 4 years baby not eating food properly and she vomiting while taking food every day, Please suggest good medicine for control vomiting Thank you.
My 4 months baby boy has red rashes like daag by birth on both sides of his face it cured and return again after treatment.
My baby is 10 days old. I think my breast milk is not sufficient for my baby? What should I eat so that my baby can get sufficient breast milk?
My baby is a month old. She didn't pass stools since past two days. She passes urine in frequent intervals but not stools. What is the remedy for this?
For my 2 months shall I put pentaxim (painless) injection? Which is banned? Is it recommended? Please suggest.
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.
Hi doc, my son is 1 year 4 months old. My question is regarding avg sleep hours for this age babies. He hardly sleeps 9 hours in night and in between also wakes up in crying mood. Can you please give me some info on this so that I can come over my worry?
My son was born in eight months itself. But his weight was normal. He was 2.5kg. There was no respiration problem also. Everything was normal for him. But his legs will shiver sometime. When I consulted with my doctor, she said as he was premature he may have less strength in his legs and he'll be fine after six months. As she said after six months there was no shivering. In his fifth month he rolled over. Eighth month he started to crawl. Ninth month started to stand with the support of sofa and chair. From tenth month he started to stand on his own for just 5 secs. Now he is eleven and a half months old. Now he can stand alone for more than a minute and also be walks with the support of chair or wall from tenth month itself. When will he start to walk on his own? Will there be any problem for walking because of the shivering?
Hello Dr.I am giving cow milk to my 4month old baby. But as she drink it she passes stool.I am unable to understand which milk is better for her?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.