Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandraprakash K PunmiaYour feedback matters!
Hello, am 19 years old. Am suffering from hair fall problem, my hair is thin and in the scalp lost of dandruff. Am suffering from this problem from last 4-5 years. I dont't know what to do. So please give me some solutions or some suggestions.
Hii When I was in my childhood I was fairer but once my face got burned due to firecrackers. When I reached 9th I realized that due to that incident my face looks bad as somewhere it was bright and somewhere it was dark. So I started using melamet night cream on my friends guidance but before using that cream I also bleached my face once using oxylife men. But melamet made my skin fairer. In summer later my skin Angeles became black more than before. So I rebleached which made it yellowish brown oily. So I restarted using the melamet cream for 3 4 months and got a brighter skin. But now its turning back dark and my doing still has many dark spots and some where it's bright and somewhere it's dark. So I am thinking of reusing melamet cream so should I proceed or theres any credit better than this one. Also when I go for a haircut in Walloon if the barber swipes some hair near my ears using blade the skin there becomes fairer and he always says me to make a swipe of blade using on your face and you would look fairer. So what should I do please help me. Thank you.
I am having a plenty of small acne now a days. They became red and gradually increases. It is very annoying. So please give me some good recommendation of creams or any ointments. The acnes are very small and plenty in number.
I am Dikshya Sarangi. My face is full of pigmentation. It is increasing day by day I used a lots of medicine but its ruining. My skin please help me.
Will change in oil cause hair fall? I am having severe hair loss after delivery. I am presently using mahabringraj oil. Earlier I was using amlo oil and now changed to mahabringhraj. Thyroid profile is normal. Hb also normal at 12.5.
I am losing hair quickly and have and tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you help me for this effect.
I'm frequently getting pimples all over the face. I've been trying Multani matti and Neem packs weekly once however few of them disappear and few more pop up. How can I clear my face from pimples and black marks?
The skin is the most exposed organ to irritants, and when the body recognizes something as foreign, the immune system kicks into action. It produces what is known as antibodies against the foreign bodies (antigens). However, in many situations, the body produces antibodies against its own cells or tissue or components, causing an autoimmune reaction. One such autoimmune reaction is lichen planus, which is a skin rash caused when the body produces antibodies against its own skin or mucous membranes.
Risk factors: While anyone with a weak immune system can develop lichen planus, the followings increase the chances of that happening:
- Presence of other autoimmune disorders
- Hyperactive immune system, causing the allergic reaction
- Genetic inheritance
- Increased stress levels
- Prior history of viral infections
- Middle aged women
- Exposure to allergens like gold, arsenic, iodine, and drugs like diuretics and antibiotics
- Prior history of hepatitis C
Symptoms: Diagnosis of lichen planus is quite easy, as it has a characteristic appearance.
- Basically, a skin rash that is purple in color with flat tops on the skin
- Rashes spread over the body in a matter of weeks
- They are itchy, painful, and produce a burning sensation
- Could have blisters which burst
- Have thin lacy margin
- Can be seen in the genital area, scalp, ankle, hands, mucous membranes, and nails
If required, a biopsy can be done in some cases to confirm the diagnosis. Allergy testing can also be done to confirm hyperactive immune system.
Treatments: This can depend on the severity of the condition. In people where it is not progressive or inflamed, it could be observed to run its natural course and subside.
For those requiring symptomatic treatment, the following can be used:
- Steroids (topical or oral) to reduce inflammation
- Antihistamines to reduce the allergic response
- Retinoids (topical or oral) which can help overall skin health
- Nonsteroidal creams to clear up the rash
- Moisturizer to keep skin healthy and prevent dryness and itching
- Cool compresses on the rashes
- Loose clothing to prevent irritation and itching
- Anti-itch creams and powders and lotions
- Oatmeal bath to avoid itching and inflammation
- Ultraviolet radiation to the rash to reduce severity
- Avoid agents (drugs or chemicals) which can cause lichen planus
- If the lesions are in the mouth, mouthwash and/or rinse can be used for topical relief
Lichen planus often does not require any treatment. However, depending on each individual, it may require topical and/or systemic treatment to manage the symptoms. It usually runs its course over 6 to 10 weeks and subsides on its own. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am suffering from hair loss. I have tried different treatment. But could not find anyway to stop it. Please give me a stable treatment for this.
Acne is a skin condition that leads to breakouts like pimples and other eruptions on the skin, including white heads and black heads. In very severe conditions, an acne breakout may come with pus filled boils too. An acne breakout happens due to various reasons. Inflammation of an infected sebaceous gland leads to this breakout. This infection and consequent inflammation can take place due to hormonal changes, poor diet, as well as high testosterone levels and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Dirt and grime that clog the pores and dead cells that have not been washed off properly can also cause these breakouts. So what kind of skin care regimen can you have in order to prevent acne? Read on to know more.
- Cleaning Acne Prone Areas: You must wash the acne prone areas with soap and warm water at least twice a day. If your case has been very severe in the past, you can even use a medicated soap to wash the neck, shoulders and back as sometimes, acne spreads to these areas as well. Concentrate on the face and remember to clean it to remove dust, grime and other irritants that come from pollution. If this is not done on a regular basis, the particles can block the pores and lead to infection where the dead skin cells play a major role.
- Make Up: If your skin is acne prone, you can use non oily make up or avoid it on a daily basis, if you can. Non oily make up does not irritate the sebaceous glands, which can end up secreting excessive oil leading to acne breakouts. Non oily make up and skin care products are known as non comedogenics which do not clog the pores. Also, you must remember to remove your applied make up carefully before you go to bed so that the pores are clean and get a chance to breathe rather than getting infected. Further, your old make up needs to be thrown out regularly even if the products do not come with an expiry date. Invest in new make up every few months and clean your brushes regularly too.
- Sweat: After a particularly intense work out session or after a run, you must remember to wash you face and take a shower so that the sweat and oil is can be removed, as these lead to breakouts if they are allowed to gather on the skin's surface and enter the pores.
Taking care of your skin with a proper cleaning and hydrating routine is as important is getting the right nutrition as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!