Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra SekharYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old married woman with two kids. I am suffering from too much hair fall from last 3 months. Please suggest me something.
I am suffering from vigorous hair fall. Fever more than 100F. Joint pain muscle pain. And dark brown and reddish rashes on face and neck. Sensitivity towards sun. And headache. What disease am I suffering from.
I have back pain from last 5 days. What should I do? And I have pimples on my face please suggest me to what should I do?
I have a black heads and dark spots in my skin. My skin is oily too. What should I do for reducing dark spots and dry skin?
My hairs are white and I colored my hair with garnier light brown color every 20 days but after 10 days my hair got dry and also hair falling how to avoid it.
My skin is dark I want my face skin glowing and good I want solution effective one I am from jaipur.
I eat normal but at times have quite among of junk oily food. Recently I have gained weight and volume, but my concern is that I have gained a lot of man breast (Gynecomastia). Thus please provide me necessary information as to how to reduce the chest size. Please suggest me exercises that can cure it (if any), and also give me a proper diet chart (diet should be according to my middle class families budget). Thank you (This is not a genetic factor)
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.
I have black spot and pimple on my face. I used fair and handsome cream as well as some medicine also. But the spot and pimple are not removed. So I wants your suggestion about these problem so please help me. I would thankful for you.
I am loosing my hair. Their is problem in my back also. I am trying to be fit but it's not possible help me out in this. What should I take to reduce the hair loss. Thank you.
I am 26 years old female and have many acne scars ,acne spot or acne hole and pigmentation also .i always use sun skin lotion .and these increase day by day. Please advice me a laser treatment is a permanent solution for this or not?
I am 19 years old girl having pimples on my face suddenly from last 1month. I have tried a lot of creams and soaps but all in vain. So what should I do to get rid of it?
I am 22 years old having oily face, in last few weeks more oil is seen on my nose, forehead and even in my ears. Please tell me how can I get rid of it.
Hair growth occurs either naturally or after a specific treatment for hair loss, hair thinning or even baldness. There are several treatments and solutions in the offering. Some of them are genuine and effective while many others are fads or ways to dupe harried people looking for solutions. Homeopathy is one field of alternative medicines that is highly effective in promoting hair regrowth and reducing or curing baldness in the process. It is a stream of medicine that is ancient wherein the doses are prepared by natural and sometimes herbal and mineral sources. People with a penchant for having thick dense hair or if they are suffering from baldness can turn to homeopathy for relief. Many practitioners prescribe the homeopathy medicines bearing the basic nature of a patient. A few specific medicines that are known to promote the hair growth are discussed below.
1. Lycopodium: this medicine is prescribed to those who are suffering from premature balding, including pregnant women and new mothers. The medicine is made from the spores of plants like club moss and is effective for both men and women.
2. Silicea: this is made from sandstones and human tissues and happens to be one of the most prescribed homeopathic medicines. It aids in making the hair stronger and nourishing the hair, thus taking its dryness away.
3. Natrum muriaticum: made from table salt, this medicine helps in hair growth for cases hair loss results from dry scalp and dandruff, skin and menstrual problems. Women suffering from menstrual problems also suffer from hair loss. This medicine is prescribed to them too.
4. Kalium cabonicum: this is prescribed a lot, specifically to stop thinning of hair, aiding the growth of hair in this process. It also cures brittle hair condition. Kalium cabonicum is made from the compounds which are used to make glass in Egypt.
5. Phosphorus: scalp disorders at times result in loss of hair in clumps. Phosphorus is prescribed for such situations.
6. Kali sulphuricum: as the name suggest, parts of this medicine is sulphur. It is available in liquid form and tablets as well. It should not be taken more than twice a day and should be discontinued after taking for a couple of weeks.
Dear sir, I am suffering from skin problem on my face I have more dark spots on my face so plzzz tell me sir what I can do?
Hey doc, I'm a 12 year old girl with lots of acne, especially on my forehead. Unfortunately my face is oily as well. It's reddish and my face texture is like bumpy. Can you please tell me what I can do to reduced my acne? And I also put on makeup that is for acne and oily skin to cover up the flaws, so I wanted to know whether it's harmful for my acne or not? Please help me reduce my acne, its very hard to live.
First, let's see why our skin tends to become rough, dry, and irritated during certain seasons and with age. According to ayurveda, it happens due to the accumulation of vata in the body. Vata predominates in the fall and early winter, and in people over the age of 50. When there is excess vata, we are prone to dry skin, cracking joints, thinning dry hair, and brittle nails. Vata can also show up in the body earlier if you're really stressed, have a vata disturbing diet or live in a vata inducing climate (cold and dry). The secret to staying young is keeping vata at bay.
Here are some ayurvedic tips that will slow down vata accumulation in the body and will help you stay young and keep your skin:
1. Don't skip the veggies -
Stick to high-water content vegetables that are easier to digest, such as lettuce, carrot, cucumber, daikon radish (which is revered by ayurvedic healers for its purifying properties), fennel, and tender asparagus tips. These vegetables are tridoshic: they are good for all types of skin. Combine at least 3 and enjoy with a simple olive oil-lemon juice dressing.
2. Eat like a bird -
Both traditional and ayurvedic medicine agree that adding seeds and nuts into your diet will improve the condition of your skin. Vata is drying by nature so all foods that have natural healthy fats in them will prevent this imbalance. Nuts and seeds are a perfect food -- they contain omega-3s, healthy fats, and fiber to help a weakened vata digestion. My favorite snack is goraw sunflower flax snax. You can also try adding almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and other nuts to your oatmeal (or having them as your afternoon snack, when vata naturally predominates).