Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandalia Shaival HemrajYour feedback matters!
I have high TSH count have gained weight of around 35kG in last 2 years. Below are the count T3 - 0.90 T4 - 5.8 TSH - 8.04 Please advice medication for the same. I am not so keen on taking the medicine looking for natural recovery.
I am 62 year old, I have diabetes and ckd with highpertension from 2013. Pl suggest me diet, pl send me personalised answer.
Recently had an attack and admitted in the hospital and angioplasty with 2 stents were placed. Another block which is narrow in nature to be treated with another stent which costs high again. No financial support / insurance support. Hence started regular exercise like walking for nearly 6 kms a day and reducing weight, sugar level, pressure level etc. Regularly taking medicines such as plavix, storvas, ecosprin, cardace, seloken xl, nitrocontin etc. Still got doubt whether any further medicine that can reduce the chance Of going for another angioplasty expenses, any ayurvedic, home medicine that can cure the block. I do feel discomfort very rarely. I am aged just 60 years (retired). Pls advise.
Please help me out with gap of time between ayurvedic tablet and allopathic tablets. Need specific gap for 1) thyroid tab eltroxin 112.5 mcg and gandhak rasayan tablet + mahamanjashthadi Kadha. 2) bp tablets betatrop + enam 5 and gandhak rasayan tablet + mahamanjashthadi Kadha.My Age 77 yrs. Thanks.
Sugar level not being controlled . Varying between 187 to 256 PP and 154 to 167 fasting. HbA1c was 8.3% as on 23.2.15 and fasting blood sugar was 156mg/dL. Taking one tablet of Glysiphage 500mg and Glimer 1mg just after one grass of food at lunch time. Please advise
Helo sir. My mom was suffering from thyroid from the past 30 year & nowadays the thyroid is not stimulating properly. What we want to do sir?
Sir confusion is there in consuming diabetic food. I am diabetic since 6 years. My blood sugar level will not cross110 /190/200 maximum 230. Wt food shall I consume in my daily routine. Plse help me to control my sugar level. I am taking glycomet gp2 two tablets daily. Morning one night one.
I am a diabetic patient. I think type 2 diabetic. Taking tab. Regularly. But walking, I could not maintain properly. Is it will affect my health. But I am pure veg. Maintaining diat. Please give me advice.
My wife is diabetic and presently on insulin morning 21u and evening 17u along with one oral tablet in afternoon. She has recently started taking BGR 34one tablet twice (morning /evening. Please advise me if BGR34 will be effective or other medicine which would help to reduce insulin dose thanks.
My Age 38 diabetic patient. Wants to conceive baby. I have 8 years old daughter. One year ago I have miscarriage. 8 week pregnancy. So what you have to suggest me.
I am 74 years old and suffering from diabets since 10 years and it type -2. I am using galvas met 2 tablets a day and one tablet of glycipage 500 mg. As galvas met is costly will you kindly suggest any other alternative tablet to keep my blood sugar level in normal sir? you may also suggest homeopathic /ayurvda medicines also. Now after taking above tablets my blood sugar level in fasting is 130. Please advice.
I am 35 years old and a diabetic. My fore hands and fore feet are getting numb some times. I work in night shifts and have hand and leg pains. Is this due to diabetes or some thing else. What should I do for better health. To whom should I concern.
Hypothyroidism has become a common ailment among people in India nowadays. Women are major victims of Hypothyroidism, as pregnancy and menopause put them at higher risk. Lack of nutrition, lack of exercise and stress play a huge role in Thyroid disorders especially hypothyroidism.
1. What is Thyroid Gland?
1. The Thyroid Gland is a butterfly-shaped gland which is situated below your Adam's apple.
2. Thyroid Gland secrets several hormones, collectively called as Thyroid hormones.
3. The main hormones are T4 (Thyroxine) and T3 (Tri-iodothyronine). Anterior Pituitary gland secrets TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) to stimulate Thyroid Gland to produce T4 and T3.
4. T4 is considered as precursor of T3. Many enzymes, Iodine, Tyrosine, Amino Acids, Vitamins and Minerals are essential for conversion of T4 into T3.
2. What are the functions of Thyroid hormone?
1. To act as catalyst for maintenance of metabolism
2. Regulation of proteins, carbohydrates, fat, calcium and phosphorus metabolism
3. Acceleration of energy production
4. Necessary for normal growth and maturation
5. To help foetal development and development in first few months after birth
3. What is Hypothyroidism (Underactive Thyroid)?
1. Hypothyroidism is one of the most common disorders of endocrine glands
2. It occurs due to hypo functioning of Thyroid Gland resulting into deficiency of Thyroid hormones and increase in TSH
4. What are causes of Hypothyroidism?
1. Iodine Deficiency
2. Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
3. Damage to Pituitary Gland
4. Congenital Thyroid defects
5. What are signs and symptoms?
1. Weight gain
2. Swelling all over body
4. Hair loss
6. Dry skin
7. Feeling cold
8. Irregular menses
9. Heavy Menstrual bleeding
10. Impaired fertility
11. Shortness of breath
12. Hoarse voice
13. Poor memory
14. Lack of concentration
15. Mood swings
16. Carpal Tunnel syndrome
6. What are management strategies?
1. Thyroid Gland gets its support from nutrients like Amino acids, Iodine, unprocessed carbohydrates and vitamin B, C and E.
2. Improve intake of Iodine. Some Iodine rich foods are carrot, milk, banana, strawberry, whole grains, etc.
3. Improve intake of proteins; Good sources of protein are egg, milk, cereals and pulses, etc.
4. To improve intake of vitamin B, C and E, have green leafy vegetables, Amla, Guava, Citrus fruits, sprouts, etc.
5. Hypothyroidism causes low vitamin D levels. So, vitamin D supplements can help in this condition. Walking in morning sunlight for 10-15 minutes is good source of vitamin D.
6. Avoid raw Gobi and peanuts.
7. Avoid biscuits, cakes, alcohol and chocolates.
1. As hypothyroidism puts you at risk of increasing triglycerides, exercise is a must.
2. Cycling and swimming are good options for cardiovascular exercise.
3. Tadasana, Sarvangasana, Halasana, Matsyasana, Ushtrasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Suryanamaskara: These poses are beneficial in prevention and management of hypothyroidism.
4. Yogasana and Pranayam learned from an experienced teacher are always helpful.
5. Eating Right, Avoiding stress, working out properly and sleeping peacefully are the basis to maintain thyroid hormones at a normal level.
What are the Ayurvedic Aspects?
1. Although hypothyroidism is not described in classical Ayurvedic text, based on its clinical presentations, its pathogenesis can be understood
2. According to pathogenesis, Hypothyroidism occurs because of the predominance of vitiated Vata and Kapha dosha. Therefore Panchakarma especially Vaman or Virechan according to Prakruti and Basti are necessary to relieve the disease completely and to avoid further progression and complications of disease
3. "Prevention is better than cure". By following healthy regimen like DINACHARYA, RUTUCHARYA (seasonal regimen), hypothyroidism can be prevented?
4. Proper diet and lifestyle ensure proper digestion. Proper digestion can be created by intake of Digestive spices like cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, ginger, fennel etc
5. Herbs like Guduchi, Licorice, Asparagus are good for inflammatory and autoimmune Thyroid disease
6. Herbs like Ashwagandha, Punarnava, Gokshur, Guggul, Kanchanar, Brahmi etc are good for proper functioning of Thyroid Gland
7. Ayurvedic treatment tries to heal the root Imbalance in hypothyroidism rather than treating symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.