Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Champa M. Nariani
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Champa M. NarianiYour feedback matters!
What kind of diet should I follow? What should I eat and drink a lot of, and what should I avoid? In pregnancy time.
Had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, she took ipill within 16 hours, she got bleeding after 6 days which lasted for two days but her normal period is delayed by 6 days. What does it mean? Is she pregnant?
My dad is 70 years and for about 2 weeks now he's finding it difficult to pass out urine and even if it comes out is very small and also whenever he try to urinate, blood comes out of the anus just like that. Please what could be wrong.
Childbirth comes within an age bracket. Women feel this more so than men. Career demands or other personal choices can delay the time to get pregnant. Thus, freezing your eggs can prove to be beneficial, if you delay childbirth to focus on your career or education, or if you have certain medical conditions such as cancer.
- Egg Retrieval: Before the eggs are harvested, there is a lot you have to do. The first month is spent taking blood tests and ultrasounds. In the second month, you will have to take medicines before your procedure for egg retrieval. Ultrasounds and blood tests are also conducted at this stage to monitor the growth of the eggs. Around the time of your ovulation, the eggs will be harvested. You will be lightly sedated during the procedure. After the procedure, you might feel bloated and experience cramping. At least 15 eggs are retrieved for optimum chances. The medicines prescribed are all hormone injections which you can self-administer.
- Freezing and Storage: The largest human cell is the egg. It is comprised mainly of water. When the eggs are frozen, crystals can form which can destroy it. So an anti-freeze replaces the water after the eggs are dehydrated. This prevents crystal formation. Eggs are frozen using vitrification. In this process, the eggs are either slowly or flash frozen. Eggs can be frozen for as long as 10 years. This does not hamper the quality.
- Risks: There is no guarantee that freezing eggs will lead to having a baby. Sometimes, eggs do not survive the freezing or the thaw.
- Advantages: For women who are suffering from cancer, freezing their eggs might be the best option. They might want to preserve their fertility before their cancer treatment starts. This is useful since radiation and chemotherapy can harm your chances of getting pregnant.
The obvious advantage of freezing your eggs would be the fact that it gives you time. It lets you decide and keeps you one step ahead of your biological clock. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I did’t get my period yet. The date was 5-9th. I had sex but it was’t sex. My partner’s penis was’t erected and he tried it inserting into my vagina but it didn’t happen so. He did’t ejaculate or something. This happened on 30th jan. After this I’ve masturbated quite a few times. Is this a matter to worry? Why am I not getting my period?
I am married. My Periods date was in between 18th to 21st and till today I haven't got my period. Planning for a baby, so had sex with my husband. We had first tried on 14th November, but I got the period immediately on 17th November. After that also we had sex, today to check whether am pregnant or not did the urine test but it was negative. I am worried Doctor. Can I be pregnant ever? What shall I do?
Uterine fibroids, also referred to as uterine myomas) are non-cancerous tumors that grow within the muscle tissue of the uterus. As many as 20% to 50% women between the age group of 18 to 40 suffer from the condition, but not all cases warrant treatment.
It may be as tiny as a coin or it may grow to the size of a watermelon, making people think the lady is 6/7 months pregnant! There may be one big fibroid or several small ones.
Though the exact causes are not known, family history and hormonal imbalances are said to be the main causes for the same.
Types of Uterine Fibroids
The four types are:
- Subserosal Uterine Fibroids: Develops outside the uterus and continues to grow.
- Intramural Uterine Fibroids: The most common type that lead to pregnancy like tummy. They develop within the uterus wall and continue to expand.
- Submucosal Uterine Fibroids: Because these develop within the uterus lining, they are most likely to be the cause of heavy flow during periods.
- Pedunculated Uterine Fibroids: These grow on the inner or outer side of a small stalk connecting to the uterus.
- An enlarged uterus is the most common symptom. It is often mistaken for general weight gain or pregnancy.
- Prolonged and painful menstrual cycle, that is many times irregular.
- Urinary incontinence and constant urge to urinate.
- Pelvic pressure.
- Pressure on the bowels leading to constipation.
- Pain during intercourse.
If you find out that you have fibroids during an examination or if you visit a doctor with any of these symptoms, they will most likely ask for an ultrasound or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which will confirm the type of fibroid and the extent of your problem. Treatment includes non-invasive-focused ultrasound surgery.
Treatment with Homeopathy:
One of the best advantages of choosing Homeopathy is that it works without side effects. It addresses the issue rather than the symptom. A surgical procedure mentioned in general treatment does remove the fibroids but there is no guarantee that they won't grow back as the underlying issue of hormonal imbalance remains.
During a clinical study of the effects of Homeopathy on fibroids, 85% patients showed improvement and 48% people had complete fibroid removal.
Treatment: There are medicines in Homeopathy that can treat uterine fibroids, cervical fibroids and help maintain normal hormonal balance in females. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.