Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChaitanyaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. From a couple of days my backbone is having a lot of pain. I took medicines but it did not work. If you have have something which can cure this please comment.
I am 30 years old female suffering from severe shoulder pain. I tried many home remedies but no use. Please help me.
Dear sir I am 33 years old my name is chandrasekhar, since few months I am suffering from back pain and not able to sit for few minutes. And also my right leg muscle is Paining since a week.
I am having leg pain below the knees especially in morning. I am 32 years old weighs 79 kg and height is 167 cm. I work in an IT company and has a sedentary lifestyle even though I make it mandatory to walk for 40 mins every day morning.
I am 21 and have a got a minor accident last year in December and I have got injured with two of my left hand finger by collision with wall it was small fracture but which has recovered but still having swelling and minor dislocation could you please help me out.
My mother is 83yrs old and having knee pains for the past 2 years and legs get swollen if she walks. Please suggest me what to do.
If your kid is affected by Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), it is important for you to know about the best ways of dealing with the condition. Muscular dystrophy consists of group of diseases, which result in the weakening of muscles along with reduced flexibility. DMD accounts for being the most common type of muscular dystrophy. It occurs because of flaws in the gene, which controls how your body keeps the muscles healthy. This disease affects boys and the symptoms start appearing from early childhood.
There is no specific treatment for DMD. However, there are several ways, including medicines and therapy, to deal with the symptoms and to protect the muscles.
- Several steroids such as prednisone help in slowing down muscle damage. Children taking this medicine are able to walk for two to five years longer than they would usually do. Lung and heart functions are also improved.
- DMD leads to heart problems and hence, you should take your child to a heart doctor for regular checkups until the age of 10.
- In some cases, a surgery may be required to fix their shortened muscles, for straightening the spine, or for treating a heart or lung problem.
Taking care of your child
If your child has DMD, it does not mean that he will have to refrain from activities such as school, sports and spending time with friends. By sticking to the right treatment plan, you will be able to make your child active.
- Stand and walk: Being in an upright position will keep your child’s bones strong and the spine straight. You can get your child braces or standing walkers, which will help him in terms of balance and mobility.
- Eat right: Although there is no special diet for DMD, several food items should be taken for preventing problems related to weight. Your child should eat the proper amount of food with a proper balance of nutrients and calories regularly.
- Stay active: You should ensure that your child exercises regularly. Regular stretching exercises help in keeping the muscles and joints limber, which makes him feel better. You can avail the help of a physical therapist for an exercise schedule.
You can look for and join local support groups associated with DMD, as other families living with DMD can be a source of good advice and understanding about life with DMD.