Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. C.T ShahYour feedback matters!
my wife age is 32 runnung (wt-70 kg). She has a problem of joint stiffness, pain & swelling (mostly finger both hand & foot, wrist, ancle & knee). We had visited to rheumatologist & carried out all tests for that report shows ra factor is too high. We carried out treatment for 2 months, during this period she fill good but after stoppage of medicine same problem continued. One of my frined suggested do not continue striod medicine treatment, it will affect her body orgen. So please suggest me a proper treatment & guide for her future.
Recently I am having pain in my neck. Can you please suggest me some remedies I will be thankful to you fo this act of kindness.
Hello sir. My one leg is small in size than my other leg and its weak also so what should I do to improve my leg strength ?
Yesterday, while bending down to pick up something, I felt a sudden pain in my waist and immediately I understood the waist could be sprained. I am not able to sit, but I can lie down in one position. After a little struggle, I can get up and walk very slowly. Please suggest as I am not in a position to go to the doctor.
My mother had knee related problem from last 8 year due which her full body is paining for relief she is pain killer.
I have heel pain in my right foot since 3+ months and looking for the most effective treatment in Mumbai. I have visited two doctors and the timings of both do not suit me as I am a working person. I stay in Kandivali and looking for doctors/hospitals in nearby areas, or near Powai as I work there, so that I can visit your clinic for the continuous treatment of heel pain.
I suffer from kidney stone pain last week I had a severe pain in my stomach and back I am really tired if this pain and want some medication.
I am 47 years old, my right knee is paining, I consulted orthopaedic Dr. He diagnosed osteoarthritis and gap in the knee joint. Advised krt. I am not interested in krt please suggest alternative.
I have an allergic reaction to some foods as also iced water and drinks. Whenever, I take a swig of cold water or drink, though I feel comforted for the moment, at night the nasal passage closes up and as advised I take levocet d or monlevo depending on severity. I was also prescribed flutifl, steam inhalations etc by doctor who said nasal sprays off the shelf are addictive. I have severe nasal blockage and wish to know if there is permanent cure to have smooth breathing and air circulation in lungs and / or if I have to only improve the physicals by yoga, inhalations exercise etc. As I have another problem that of osteo necrosis of left knee I cannot exercise much with out causing some pain and getting breathless on threadmill. Please advise. I am 62 yrs and wish to see either a chest specialist but for clearance of nasal passage or should I see an ent specialist. Please also advise if flutiflo having steroids is advisable. Thanks.
My mother has pain in her right heel from last 2 months. When she rest for a while or sleep overnight and then walk she feels pain. So can you tell me what is the problem and to whom (doctor) should I consult.
I m a female 74 yes I have got advanced fourth stage breast cancer and have undergone a decompression operation of the spinal cord in November but my senses in the lower part if the body have not recovered as yet pls tell me how can I speed up my recovery I have gone through 3 chemo sessions also.
Having severe back pain and having low energy through out my whole day. Due to my work pressure, jst wnt too boast up my energy because I can not stop working, m having regular morning walk, in take of dry fruits, proper diet , but medicines and nutraceutical makes me lazy . I tried taking boast or born vita for energy but did not work for me they make me more lazy.
Gone are the days when mostly elderly people complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.