Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. C S RawatYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 21 years male I have problem with my right ear that the year makes sound like whistling continously and also cause to balance problem and cause to rotate my head severly what can I do for this problem this about 3 years this problem affected to me.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat small frequent meals.
- Do not skip any meal.
- Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in diet.
- Eat a combination of carbs (whole grains, oats, brown rice) , fats (good fats like flax seeds, walnuts,olive oil, fish etc) , and lean protein.
- Get good minimum 8 hours of sleep.
- Exercise regularly.
- Don't stress.
- Avoid junk foods loaded with sugar, caffeine, preservatives, etc.
- Don't deprive yourself of adequate sleep.
Dear doc, Of late I've got throat infection and days passing by it subsided but followed up with ulcers over and beneath the tongue till throat. Feeling pain under left jaw and tonsil swelling. I used mouth ulcer gel and did salt water gargle but of no use. Cud you pls sugest med or remedy for the same? Thank you.
From couple of years I am suffering with chronic tinnitus. From last 4 months I am taking homeopathy medicines for this problem. The result is not that good. Please suggest please best solution for this problem. Thank you
My mother 48 suffers from extreme vertigo. She also has cataract in left eyes. She is taking vertigo medication and we are thinking of a cataract surgery. My question is: can cataract be the cause of vertigo?
My friend is suffering from a disease, I don't know whethr it is disease or other problem my friend can't smell anything I tried many strong smell deo perfumes but he can't smell! please give me your suggestion or any advice I shall b very thankful to you sir.
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants
My friends nose is bleeding and now she is worried if as if she has cancer. She is too mich tensed and sad. Does she have cancer. Or is there any other reason.
I am 21 year old. I am having throat pain since three days. Please suggest any precautions for this pain. Thank you.
I have been experiencing a lot of cough for quite some time. It feels like there is mucous stuck in my throat. How can I treat this. Can these be symptoms of LPR.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.
Sir I am suffering from sinus asthma problem still 2010 dust allergies also affected aim using for bp nebistar 5 mg tablet and temporary escaping dust elergie I am using levo citrigen 5 mg this is correct or not any alternative suggestion for me sir.
I am suffering from Vertigo problem so what I do I do not understand please tell me precious for me.
My throah is paining since last 1 week before that i was suffering from fever for 2 days.Please do help
I am 22 years old. I am having throat pain from yesterday which my medicines I shld take for the quick recovery.
Homeopathy is considered to be an untested medicine for many. This is why so many patients who have a sore throat immediately turn to tablets, hot water or even syrups to relieve the pain. Different causes of a sore throat will have different remedies.
Here are the some of the homeopathic remedies for different causes of a sore throat.
- Belladonna: This is the best medicine when there is any difficulty swallowing. It is also very readily available.
- HeparSulph: Heparsulph is generally used when there is a sensation in your throat, which feels like there is some sort of splinter.
- Phosporus: Phosphorus is a more widely used homeopathic remedy. It is used to treat what is called as 'clergyman's' sore throat. This is when there is a tickling sensation in the larynx.
- Lachesis: This is also a very uncommon and rarely required medicine. However, sometimes our throat feels sore only when we take liquids. In this case, lachesis is the ideal remedy.
- Bryonia: Bryonia is a much more common homeopathy. It is used when there is a cough accompanying the sore throat.
- Merc sol: Tonsilltis is generally considered to be a condition too serious to cure with homeopathy. However, Merc sol does do this effectively. Belladonna is also pretty good at it. They also help with a sore throat.
- Arsenicum album: This medication is most commonly used when a sore throat is accompanied by a cold.
- Aconite: Aconite is considered even better than arsenicum album in treating a sore throat which is also accompanied by a cold.
- Capsicum: This is a great homeopathic remedy for a pain in the throat which goes all the way to the ears.
- Argentium Metallicum: Argentium Metallicum is used when the soreness of your throat worsens with the use of the voice. Professional singers and public speakers are especially in need of this medicine as they frequently use their voice.
- Chamomilla: This remedy is especially great for helping cure sore throat in children.
- Baryta Carbonicum: This is a remedy used for a very similar reason to what chamomilla is used for. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.