Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Submit a review for Dr. C S RawatYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from stuffy nose frm past 9 days. No medicine lyk montelukast-levocetirizine or inhaling steam is able to help. My nose s watering continuously of thick consistency. Unable to slp also. problem s only of nasal cavity, no cough from throat.
I have a feeling that I am not in my body and not feeling my body along with depression feeling lightheadedness and dizziness please help me out of this feeling.
My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's 3 years ago. She was advised not to take any medication without the consultation from her gastro. Presently she has sore throat. Which medicine can she take?
If you hear a constant ringing in your ears without any external stimulus, it is called tinnitus. The sound can also manifest as incessant roaring, hissing, buzzing or clicking. The sound can be loud or soft, low or high pitched. Tinnitus can occur in one ear, or both the ears.
Tinnitus is primarily of two types:
- Subjective tinnitus: This type of tinnitus is very common. In this type, only you are able to hear the ringing, or buzzing. The main cause of subjective tinnitus is ear problems, especially in the inner, middle and outer ear. Problems in the auditory nerves (hearing) or auditory pathways (the part in your brain that changes nerve signals into sound) can also cause subjective tinnitus.
- Objective tinnitus: In this type of tinnitus, the doctor can also hear the sound when he/she performs an examination. This type of tinnitus is rare. Muscles contractions, problems in the blood vessels or conditions in the middle ear bone can cause objective tinnitus.
Tinnitus is not a condition; it is more of a symptom of some other underlying medical condition. Tinnitus can be caused by any of the following complications-
- Hearing loss (This happens mostly among older people)
- Loud noises
- Sinus and ear infections
- Blood vessel or heart problems
- Meniere's disease (The inner ear is affected by unknown causes which lead to deafness)
- Brain tumours
- Hormonal changes (This happens mostly to women)
- Thyroid problem
- Certain medications (antibiotics, cancer medicines, diuretics, quinine medication, some types of antidepressants, aspirin)
The symptoms of tinnitus include
- You hear noises that no one else will be able to hear
- The sound can be depicted as chirping, whistling, screeching, clicking, static, hissing, buzzing, roaring, pulsing, musical or whooshing.
- The sounds can vary greatly in volume and it is most prominent at night or when your surroundings are quiet
- Loss of hearing commonly follows tinnitus.