Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. C. S. GaikwadYour feedback matters!
No time for gym? try these 6 amazing tricks to stay in shape
Who says you need to go to the gym to be in shape? people were much fitter when gyms did not exist at all. The key here is being active or moving your body, which given our modern lifestyle seems hard to achieve. Going to the gym at a regular time each day is a focused way of getting your daily exercise. But it’s not the only way. You can have a fit and toned body by making certain changes in your daily lifestyle which will be a more fun and holistic way of embracing exercise. It also saves your gym expenses!
Here are some simple and fun ways to stay in shape without joining a gym:
1. Start simple home exercises
- Skipping, jumps, squats, burpees and lunges are few simple exercises that will give you a great cardio workout.
- If you want to tone your muscles, do bench presses, stomach crunches, squats and burpees.
- Yoga is also a great way to tone up muscles and build strength.
2. Walk more
- Walk to work if possible. If you need to use transport, park your car 1 km ahead of your workplace or get down two stops ahead if you use public transport.
- Walk briskly to feel your heart pumping. Walk while speaking on your mobile phone.
- Buy a pedometer or download a smartphone app to count your daily steps for motivation.
- Doctors recommend a minimum of 10000 steps a day.
3. Stay active at your workplace
- Instead of sitting and staring at your computer screen all day at work, find innovative ways to exercise.
- While you are waiting for that printout, kick up each leg by turn behind you. Use your water bottle to do arm raises and arm twists.
- Clench and release your fingers in case you are typing for too long.
- While sitting at your desk, stretch out your legs by turn and hold them straight out at hip level under the table.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator for a few floors at least.
4. Take up a fun activity
- You can get a pet dog and take it out for regular walks.
- Join a local sports team like cricket, football or basketball.
- Dancing and swimming are other ways of enjoying while exercising.
- You can even play an active video game that requires you to get out of your seat and move.
5. Do household chores
- Daily household chores like sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing and gardening are also ways of staying fit. Do them as fast as you can for maximum impact.
- Also, avoid sitting for too long. Simply standing can stretch your back muscles and help you lose 33% more calories.
6. Start running
- Running or jogging daily is a great way to exercise your whole body and build stamina.
- Make it a social activity by pairing up with your friends and colleagues. All you need is a good pair of shoes.
- You can start building these habits only if you are convinced about the need for daily exercise. It won’t take long before you are so addicted to living a more active life that you wouldn’t want to change it! so go ahead and take small but sure steps towards an active and healthy lifestyle and see yourself transform.
HOMOEOPATHY FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN
Homoeopathy is ideal for babies and children as it is a gentle yet highly effective system of medicine. Homeopathic remedies taste good and children like them the highly diluted natural substances that from homeopathic remedies mean that they are safe to use in the very young, including newborn babies.
More than that, homoeopathy can raise the immunity of your children to help deal with illness throughout their childhood. Homeopathy not only helps when your child is ill. It can also help prevent illness and give support through difficult periods of their life. Homeopathy works fast with children because they are usually full of vitality. Acute conditions such as ear infections, tonsillitis and flu, can be resolved rapidly using the right remedies, often avoiding the need for conventional medicines. Babies also tend to respond quickly to homeopathic treatment. On a more serious note, there are children with serious behavior problems! Yes, homeopathy works for these too!
Kids today face more responsibility, uncertainty, pressure, and other ”grown-up” issues than any generation in the past. If your child or teenager is experiencing stress, the primary goal is to resolve the source of anxiety. Unfortunately, this isn’t always possible—at least immediately. In some cases, it may not even be in the best interest of the child. Since stress has gotten such a bad rap, sometimes it’s easy to forget that, some stress is positive—it challenges us to grow. An example of positive stress is the challenge of participating in sports or learning a musical instrument.
Homeopathic alternatives treat the whole child. Today there are many pediatricians preffering homoeopathic treatment for their children and patients in various pediatric conditions.
Reasons why homoeopathy should be adopted for children:-
- Safe medicine: homoeopathic medicines are free from harmfull effects and 100% non toxic.
- Homoeopathy: effective and quick treatment-children being more sensitive, respond quicker to homoeopathy.
- Homoeopathy: scientific and Natural medicine- Homoeopathy can be scientifically checked and positive .
I am 36 years old. I have two children. I had cigerianed two times. My stomach was still fat from delivery onwards, is there any solution to reduce the fat belly?
Hello doctor, I have a major question actually I'm going to my college iv n I didn't get my period yet I want that just come now as much as possible before 19th Dec. please help me what to do? Do I eat any tablet for this?
I missed my periods 11 days before. I had done a home pregnancy test and its result is positive. Now how long should I not have sexual contact with my husband. My husband insist me to have sex, but I don't allow as i'm afraid it would effect my pregnancy. Please advise.
Hello, My mensuration period gapping one month to next month is 24-26 days. If I do intercourse 10 days before my next month period, will be any chance of pregnancy there?
We have done sex with my parter on day before yesterday, during intercourse I found sperm outside the condoms, may be leakage of condoms or it comes outside the condoms after Sex. 1: please suggest can we take unwanted 72 for the same as we font want any pregnancy yet is there any sideeffect if taken. 2: my second question is very important. Agar ek baar unwanted 72 kha lee jae to kitne dino tak ye goli dubara khane ki zarurat nahi hai. Ya jab jab hume doubt hoga tab tab kha leni chahiye example I pill khane k agle din hee aisa doubt hota hai to kya karna chahiye. Kya hume dubara khana chahiye.
Watermelon (white portion -peel) dosa
Isn’t it amazing to have a fruit whose each and every part is useful, the fruit itself pink portion, seeds and yes the rind i. E the white portion, yesterday I had posted a sabzi out of it. A few days back I tried this dosa believe me its amazing …. Do try.
- Rice – 1 1/2 cup
- Melon pieces (white rind portion alone) – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2tsp
- Scrapped coconut – 1/2 cup
- Red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seed
- Finely chopped onion-1 med, green chilli-2-3, coriander and curry leaves
- Salt – for taste
- Soak rice and fenugreek seeds in water for two hours.
- Puree the white portion of the watermelon.
- Grind the soaked rice, coconut and melon puree together into a smooth batter. You can also add red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds while grinding.
- Add salt to the batter and mix well. The batter doesn’t have to ferment.
- The batter should be little thinner than idli batter consistency.
- Now add finely chopped onion, green chilli, coriander and curry leaves to the batter and mix well. Keep this aside for about 15 minutes so that all the flavours blend well.
- Heat tawa/griddle and pour a ladle full of batter spread and cook on both the sides in medium-low heat till they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
Hi my sis her age is 30 years she recently got married 3months back so due to her job she & her hubby stays in different cities, now they are planning for kids so her Dr. Has advised them as they couldn't not meet regularly each time, to have injections to form eggs to my sister & have sexs on those days so that she gets pregnant, but my sister is not sure to have injection as it. Is safe or not, or in comings days will it creates any problems. So please advice her.
I had unprotected sex with a woman of unknown status about three months ago on 13.11.14. Since then I am suffering from too much mental and physical stress. I always have feeling of dizziness and blur vision with lightheadness. About one and half months after this incident I had rash under foreskin of penis though it has subsidised now after applying candid b twice daily and washing it with warm water but white bumps at the penis shaft is still present.After this I had searched a lot on internet regarding this and found similar to HIV infection and termed as ARS. Is this any std or hiv infection as I am 30 yrs old and it was my first encounter?for 10 days I am getting itchy bumps all over my body and head but yet not any fever. Please guide me I am planning for test and will be going for it in some days.
I am not getting periods I don't have hormone problem and pcod. I am 17 years old and my weight is 65.
Oats are known to aid in the process of weight loss. They are filled with fiber and that in itself has been known to promote weight loss. They are the most filling cereal known. Not only do they beat doughnuts and white bread in satiety rankings, but they also outshine eggs and high-bran cereal. They are low in fat which ensures that your diet is just right without any extra fat in it.
Ways to have oats for weight loss
Because oats are known for helping with weight loss and making you feel full for longer hours, it is a great idea to add oats to your weight loss regimen.
Here are ways by which you can have oats to promote weight loss:
1. As breakfast
Mix half a cup of regular unprocessed oats with 1 cup of skimmed milk. Have this for breakfast 3-4 times a week for best results. You can replace milk with water for added benefits.
2. As a healthy meal
Take a cup full of oats, pour half a cup of almond milk or soya milk. Add all your favourite fruits like berries, peaches, apple to it to make it nutrient-rich. This ensures your stomach is full for&nbsp;atleast&nbsp;3 hours.
3. As a delicious snack
Take plain oats, dry fruits, a little water, peanut butter and mix it into a thick dough. Take bread and put the paste inside. Roll it and put in the oven for rolled breadsticks that are a healthy snack option. You can carry them to work and munch on them for your snack cravings.
4. As khichdi
In a bowl, boil water, add half a tsp of salt, turmeric, chilly powder to taste. Also, mix boiled vegetables like peas, carrot, lettuce leaves and finally oats. Stir till the oats are soft and ready to eat. Here is your healthy khichdi ready to eat!
Things to remember
It is important to choose the right kind of oats if you want to achieve desired benefits.
-make sure you buy plain oats without any added flavorings.
-the packaged oats are generally loaded with sugar which adds a lot of calories without any additional nutritional benefit.
-one packet of flavoured oats has around 160 kcal with around 8-10 gm of sugar while 1/3rd cup serving of plain rolled oats enough to make roughly a half-cup of cooked oatmeal has just 102 calories and less than 1 gram of sugar.
-if you switch from flavored oats to plain oats every morning, you can cut down upto 20, 000 calories in a year. This means losing around 3 kg without making any other changes in your diet.
-avoid adding honey, peanut butter and sugary toppings.
-boost your oats fiber content by adding a handful of berries like blueberries or strawberries (25 to 40 calories per half-cup).
So, go ahead and make oats a part of your daily diet to help you shed those extra kilos. Stay healthy, stay happy!