Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. C N PurandareYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy is a major physiological process in a woman's body that increases the level of stress on both your body and immune system. Homeopathy is the most ideal form of medication that enables you to deal with the symptoms and complications of pregnancy. Homeopathic treatment has proven to be effective in treating severe ailments, including morning sickness, headaches, digestive ailments, muscle aches and other discomforts which are common in pregnancy. The usage of Homeopathic medicines during pregnancy is completely safe as it uses small amounts of active ingredients that enhance the natural abilities of your body to heal and cause general improvement.
When compared to the other conventional drugs, Homeopathy has no side effects and is non-addictive, hence safe.
Here are the common homeopathy medications which are used in pregnancy:
- Aconite: This remedy calms extreme anxiety which is common in pregnancy
- Arnica: This remedy heals the soft tissue damage and reduces swelling and bruising caused during the birth.
- Bellis Perennis: This remedy is used when Arnica does not alleviate discomfort and it is considered to work effectively for sores and bruises, easing pelvic pain or abdominal tissue damage.
- Caulophyllum: This remedy helps to tone up and strengthen the uterus and prepares the cervix for the birth. It is also used to induce contractions during child birth.
- Cimicifuga: It is similar in action to Caulophyllum with a slight difference of producing coordinated contractions while alleviating the anxiety at the same time.
- Gelsemium: Works excellently well for dysfunctional labor with failure to progress. This also helps calm anxiety that is felt while anticipating the birth.
- Hypericum: This remedy soothes nerve pains which are usually common after a caesarian section or perineal tears and episiotomy.
- Kali Carbonicum: It eases the pain of contractions that is mainly felt in the back, especially in case of posterior positioned babies.
- Nux Vomica: Eases the contractions which are mainly felt in the back, extending to the buttocks and thighs.
- Staphysagria: This enhances the healing process of incisions or lacerated injury. It alleviates mood swings, feelings of anger, resentment, disappointment which are generally felt by the mother post birth.
Homeopathy is a safer during and after child birth, but no medication should be taken without consulting a doctor.
Sir my wife had her last period on may6. Now its been 53 days since her last period. During these days we tried to contact several times. She have all major pregnancy symptoms. But we have done many tests like ultrasound, urine, blood and home tests. All are shown negative. We are really confused whether she is pregnant or not. Please give some advice.
Insect bites and stings ( bee, wasp, fire ant, mosquitoes, snakes ) can be painfully annoying. The stings are often accompanied by redness, swelling, pain and inflammation. Some of the stings and bites, if not treated timely, can prove to be fatal. The goodness of homeopathy is known to all.
There are excellent homeopathic medicines available for insect stings and bites:
- Formica Rufa: Stings from fire ants can be an awful experience. There is blistering and the affected area appears reddish. The sting results in an excruciating stinging pain. There is uncontrollable itching at the affected site. However, the sting does not result in much swelling. Formica Rufa is an effective homeopathic medicine to treat such stings.
- Apis Mellifica: Sometimes, insect bites or stings result in immediate swelling and inflammation at the site of the sting. The unbearable stinging pain is followed by itching. There is a burning sensation and the affected area appears red and hot. In extreme cases, there is considerable swelling of the throat and the mouth (the mucous membrane swells). Apis Mellifica is a powerful medicine providing immense relief. Since the sting site feels hot, a cold compression can be a good option.
- Staphysagria: Do not lose sleep over mosquitoes and mosquito bites. Staphysagria is an excellent homeopathic option to deal with mosquito bites. The medicine serves dual purpose. It can be effectively used before (Prophylactic) as well as after the bite. Caladium Seguinum can also be used to treat mosquito and fly bites.
- Ledum and Lachesis: Ledum is the best homeopathic remedy against poisonous animal bites. When it comes to snake bites, nothing can be more helpful than Ledum. The area affected by the bite turns slightly bluish. The area feels cold and there is a pricking pain and inflammation. Sepsis from animal bite can also be prevented by Ledum.
Lachesis is equally helpful against snake bites and other poisonous insect bites. This medicine is recommended in case the injury site appears bluish purple. There may be a haemorrhage, with the blood appearing few shades darker (almost black in some cases).
Though Ledum and Lachesis provide great relief, getting medical assistance is still very important:
- At times, an insect sting can leave a person traumatised. There may be a stinging pain with swelling and tingling. Aconitum Napellus is the best option to treat and deal with such situations.
- Urtica Urens is helpful against allergic reactions resulting from insect bites and some foodstuffs (shellfish).
- Histaminum is useful against insect bites and hay fever.
- Cantharis provides relief from stings and bites resulting in inflammation and redness.
Most of the Homeopathic medicines provide almost instant relief from insect bites and stings.
My wife is pregnant as I am still 26 and have to continue my Ms. engineering in USA I wanted to go for abortion. Can anyone tell me the best medication without any further harm! please.
Proper sleep, balanced diet, and strengthening exercises can boost endurance and ensure independence.
Muscle building isn't just for those who are into fitness as a hobby. Muscle strength is crucial for good health, especially as we age" muscle strength is important to help reduce injuries, most notably falls.
Strong muscles are needed to strengthen bones, control blood sugar, improve cholesterol levels, maintain a healthy weight, reduce joint pain, and fight mild depression. Those things can help you maintain your independence. Unfortunately with muscles, there's a use-it-or-lose-it effect" inactivity causes a loss of muscle protein, resulting in a decrease in muscle strength. Without continued strength and resistance training, the rate of muscle mass decline is much greater.
If your doctor says it's okay, start a strength training program to supplement moderate-intensity exercise that gets your heart going. Aim for two to three sessions a week. Consider these five tips to achieve the best results.
1 work with a pro
A certified personal trainer or a physical therapist can design a program tailored to your needs and abilities. That way you'll get the results you want without risking muscle strains and ligament tears. Ask your doctor to prescribe physical therapy if you're recovering from injury or struggling with a chronic health problem. If you're in good health, seek out supervised programs, such as those offered at senior centers, the ymca, or a private health club.
2 try weights and bands
You'll likely use weights to build muscle—dumbbells and weight machines—but don't forget resistance bands. These bands—which resemble large flat or tubular rubber bands—provide resistance while you're in a variety of positions, as opposed to the limited amount
Of movements you perform using free weights or weight machines. Weights and bands provide
Resistance to your muscles.
3 get more sleep
When you strengthen your muscles, they need 48 hours to re-knit. You must avoid strength exercises on the same muscles on consecutive days. But sleep is another key to muscle recovery" sleep is critical to allow for proper healing of the tissues when we stress them" says wiater. Adults should aim for seven to eight hours per night. That will give your body time to repair muscle tissue and replenish your muscle's energy stores. Without enough sleep, the muscles may continue to break down without rebuilding.
4 watch your diet
A healthy diet is necessary to give your muscles the building blocks to become stronger. That means you need a combination of protein sources, grain-based carbohydrates, and fruits and vegetables. You may want to work with a dietitian to come up with a baseline of what your body needs to build muscle and keep up energy. A typical range is 130 grams (g) per day of carbohydrates for both men and women, including nine servings (four and a half cups) per day of fruits and vegetables; and 56 g of protein per day for men, 46 g of protein per day for women.
5 use daily activities
You don't have to limit muscle building to workouts. Take advantage of daily activities to challenge your muscles. This may mean that you lift that carton of milk a few times before you put it back in the refrigerator, to build your arm muscles; use the stairs when possible, to build the muscles in your legs, hips, buttocks, and abdomen; and get active while talking on the phone or standing in line by doing leg lifts and heel raises, to strengthen the muscles in your legs and buttocks.
World Health Day - 7-Apr'17
The theme of the day is: Depression: Let’s Talk.
Depression- Common symptoms:
- Feelings of sadness/low feeling.
- Sleep disturbance
- Decreased appetite.
- Not interested in daily activities.
- Lack of intrest in surrounding.
- Decreased decision power.
- Guilt feeling,,feeling worthless.
- depression can lead to suicidal tendencies, commonly in adolescent and young adults. As well as in-old people .
- Due to social stigma less than 50% of of DEPRESSION Patients seek medical help.
Remember Depression can be treated with modern medicines and supportive measures like exercise/yoga/pranayam/medication/psychotherapy.