Find numerous Allergist/Immunologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C M Poojari
Submit a review for Dr. C M PoojariYour feedback matters!
With the increase in pollution, there has been a significant increase in allergies and asthma patients off late. The reason is that apart from genetic problems, allergens or pollutants play a significant role. Homeopathy is the best way to treat these with less or no side effects!
Allergens: These are types of antigens responsible for drastic immune responses. Here, the immune system acts against these to protect the body and the reactions are called allergies. Allergy can be expressed via sneezing or rashes, itching, redness in eyes, vomiting and so on.
Types of Allergens:
- One could have food allergies from foods such as peanuts (a legume), nuts, seafood and shellfish.
- Other allergens could be, but not limited to dust mite excretion, pollen, pet dander and royal jelly.
- Some drugs, dander or even dye can also cause allergy.
Homeopathic Treatment for Allergies:
- Ailanthus: For those allergic to smell of flowers
- Apis Mel: For those allergic to heat
- Argentum nit: For those allergic to sugar
- Arsenic Album: Helps patients allergic to cold drinks; fruits; rotten foods, iodine
- Bryonia: For those allergic to castor oil
- Carbo Veg: Helps those allergic to aspirin; bad liquors, salt butter, bad eggs, poultry items
- Dulcamara: Act against dampness allergy
- Histamine: Act against dust and strong perfumes allergies
- Justicia Adhatoda: For those allergic to dust
- Petroleum: Helps those allergic to cabbage
- Natrum Mur: Helps those allergic to bread and acidic food
- Nitri-spiritus dulcis: Acts against cheese allergy
- Nux Vom: For those allergic to coffee
- Sepia: For those allergic to warm boiled milk
- Sulphur: Act against antibiotic allergy
- Tellurium: For those allergic to rice
- Thuja: For those allergic to sweets; fatty meats, onion
Know About Asthma Before You Treat It: In case of Asthma, lungs are affected causing inflammation of lungs thereby narrowing airways. Asthma can start by allergies.
- Tightening of chest
- Difficulty in breathing
- Persistent cough, particularly at night.
- Natrum Sulphuricum cures Children: In case of hereditary cases, this is effective. Important symptom to have the remedy is wheezing.
- Arsenic Album for all:It is effective in acute phase as well as chronic state.
- Sambucus for children: It is given if the attack is sudden at night.
Asthma is a form of allergy. However, it can co-exist with other nasal and skin allergy symptoms. Arsenic, Allium cepa and Histaminum are homeopathic remedies for asthma along with nasal allergy.
Now you know what is to be given and when. It is advisable to call up a doctor in case of severity.
Seasonal allergies like rhinitis and hay fever strike lacs worldwide. But what’s worse is that conventional treatments just don’t work on these allergies. So what does? Homeopathy, a complementary system of healing that works on the adage ‘like cures like’, is the perfect remedy for most seasonal allergies.
Homeopathy is also the best medicine for these allergies because it’s inexpensive and it works every time- especially if you have consulted a qualified homeopath who prescribes medicines according to your individual constitution.
The other advantages of homeopathy are that it’s safe, foolproof, and real, apart from being extremely economical.
One of the most common seasonal allergies that people grapple with worldwide is seasonal allergic rhinitis, more commonly known as hay fever. This allergy occurs when your immune system treats usually harmless substances like pollen and certain grasses as dangerous and releases chemicals to fight them. Hay fever can be triggered by different substances in different seasons and you can experience it in more than one season per year.
Whatever the season, its symptoms remain the same, like-
watery and itchy eyes
itchy throat and sinuses
Here are a few common homeopathic remedies for seasonal allergies. Just match your dominant symptoms with the medicine that describes them, and take a low-potency dosage two to three times a day for two weeks. If you feel better, keep up the dosage, if not, it’s time to visit a homeopath for a sure-fire fix.
The homeopathic medicines that are of great help in treating nasal allergies like hay fever are Allium Cepa, Arsenic Album, Arundo Mauri, Kali Bichromicum and Gelsemium.
Both Allium Cepa and Arsenic Album are very beneficial for this common allergy and they work when your symptoms are a runny nose with sneezing and burning eyes. If you feel better in open air then Allium Cepa is the better remedy but if you feel better in a warm room as compared to open spaces, then you must take Arsenic Album.
Arundo Mauri works best when you are experience itching in nose, eyes, throat and sinuses.
Kali Bichromicum is of great help when the dominant symptom is nasal discharge dropping back into the throat called post-nasal drip and sneezing. And Gelsemium should be used prescribed when running nose and sneezing are accompanied by a headache and a feverish feeling.
Homeopathy cures seasonal allergies faster when you are conscious about prevention. Just, take these simple, easy steps to keep allergens out of your system like keep the windows in your room shut, limit time spent outside, wear a mask when you go out to keep dust away and avoid cigarette smoke to live allergy-free.