Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. C M JainYour feedback matters!
Server headache and chest pain continuously, It lasts for long time, Often it lasts for over night and I feel weakness, What to do?
My uric acid level is 8.2. And my cholesterol has also increased. It is border line high. Please advise.
7kg weight loss in overweight middle aged adults reduces long term risk of developing hypertension by 28%
How many of us had heard about Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) before Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister late J Jayalalithaa was put on it for recovery? Hardly a handful. Patients who are placed on the device have 50-50 chance of survival and while it could not help the late Chief Minister, her condition put a spotlight on ECMO.
What is ECMO?
ECMO is a life support device that is put in place when a patient’s heart and lungs stop functioning completely post a cardiac arrest. When the patient does not respond to Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), the patient is put on ECMO.
Function of ECMO
The core function of the device is to separate carbon dioxide from the blood and add oxygen into it. It takes the load off from heart and lungs, providing critical time to the body organs for its treatment and recovery.
Patients are only put on ECMO, if there is a chance that the condition can be reversed.
How does ECMO work?
The device drains blood from a vein, which is attached to an oxygenator machine. The machine then removes carbon dioxide from the blood and adds oxygen to it. Depending upon the condition of the patient, the warm blood is either pumped into the body with the help of the machine or is transferred back into the body through an artery.
How long a patient can be on ECMO?
- After seven days of being put on ECMO,there are chances of patient getting an infection.
- In case the patient contracts an infection, it is recommended to take the patient off ECMO support.
My age is 65. My heart level is 120/90. Sugar level is 100. While checking my blood pressure, it is found that the heart is functioning erratic. What is the cause and how to get out of it. Thanks.
Hi Effects & side-effects of using chlorthalidone-12. 5 mg' in combination with telmisartan-40 mg' for the management of 'HTN' (150/98)-when no drugs is controlling/Lowering the B.P?[for e.g:- amlodipine-5 mg'Olmesartan 40 mg' and telmisartan-40 mg' - in morning and 'Metaprolol XL 50 mg' in evening?
Good evening sir I have a small doubt my heart beat Without any reason it beats above 72 time pls help me sir.
Hi I am 25 years old working person I have blood pressure problem my bp higher gone 160/110 And I ca not sleep perfectly in night please give me the suggestions.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
I have done angioplasty in Aug, 2014. I'm 63 years old. There was blockage in one artery. Taking medicine like Pan40, Embeta12.5, Clavix150, Aztor40, Eptus 25 Gold etc Please advise how other precaution to be taken.
My blood pressure is 140/90 and I am 50. I exercise daily and take high fibre dash diet. I want to keep off medication due to its dangerous side effects. I want to lead a natural life. I have no other medical issue and I am fully fit and fine. Is that OK,
From last 9 day I am having lite pain in & around my muscles below left chest I also had gas problem for last 2 years remedy pl.
Dear Sir/madam, I am 48 years female. Recently I had LDL cholesterol test and it's range is 141. Kindly suggest what medication has to be taken as imy LDL cholesterol ranging high than the limit. Thanks in advance.
My father 3 months ago got heart attack after that we checked his health doctor's said hole in the heart 36 mm but his age is 57 so not possible for open heart surgery so rest of life only take regular medicines. So please guide me any other way and what kind of foods can take and may do all work like usually.
I am having biscupid wall aorta by birth as per one cardiologist. When had a echo. Doctor told me that there is some leakage in it. And consult me some medicine. I wish to know if there is some risk factor of heart attack if I am suffering with this problem.
I am 61 yrs. Old male. Cardio problem. Ist attacked on 10th jan. 15. As per advise 1]monit gtn (8-4),  starpress xl50 &  atormac cv10 taking these three medicines daily forever. Whether it is right or other alternate while sometime feeling mild pain in heart or combustion like formation of enzyme or some heaviness. Suggest me cheapest and best solution. I am doing pure private job and cycling daily for up & down approx 10 km.
Here are the diet tips for healthy heart
Hi I am 35 years old and have been diagnosed with diabetes and thyroid and high cholesterol levels. I have been taking a clove of garlic every morning since one month. This has reduced my cholesterol levels from 203 to 191. But still my triglycerides are on a high level of 391. My sugar levels are 134/172. TSH level is 12.63. My lever function test shows AST (SGOT) as 43 and ALT (SGPT) as 89. Does this high level of AST and ALT indicate some liver disease?
2 cups of leftover beans or lentils
1 stalk of a green onion: finely chopped
2 stalks of celery: finely chopped
Some parsley: finely chopped
1 tbs lemon juice
Sea salt to taste
1/4 cup roasted sesame seeds (or any other seed)
1.) make sure the beans do not have too much water (so if it is a dal, keep some water to blend since we are making a paste.
2.) you can use a fork to mash the ingredients together or put it in a blender to mix it well.
3.) use it on breads or rotis or crackers