Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. C M JainYour feedback matters!
One of the most common problems to affect men and women of all ages is high blood pressure. If your blood pressure consistently shows a reading that is higher than 140 over 90 you may be suffering from high blood pressure. High blood pressure on its own is not fatal, but it can lead to a number of problems including strokes and higher vulnerability to heart attacks.
An unhealthy lifestyle is one of the biggest causes for high blood pressure. Thus making conscious lifestyle changes such as leading a more active life and eating more fruits and vegetables can help manage high blood pressure. Ayurveda also has a number of ways to manage and treat high blood pressure. Some of these are:
1. Garlic cloves: Garlic has a number of antiseptic properties and is also beneficial towards slowing down the pulse rate and helps smoothen the heart’s rhythm. To use garlic, include it in your regular food or better still, chew 2-3 fresh, raw cloves of garlic a day.
2. Watermelon: Watermelon is rich in L-citrulline, an amino acid which has the ability to lower blood pressure. It is also loaded with fiber, vitamin A, potassium and lycopenes which also help lower blood pressure levels. To benefit from watermelon, it can be eaten as it is or dried watermelon seeds can be crushed and mixed with cuscus powder and water to be drunk twice a day. The powder made from dried watermelon seeds can also be steeped with boiling water to create a tea that should be consumed every morning and evening.
3. Amla or Indian gooseberries: This herb is associated with a number of health benefits and can help lower cholesterol, hypertension and help stabilize blood circulation. To use amla in the treatment of high blood pressure, crush and extract the juice of 4-5 amlas and have 2 teaspoons of this juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey every morning. This also strengthens the digestive system and prevents the build up of toxins inside the body.
4. Yoga: Yoga asanas can also help stabilize the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system and thus regulate blood pressure. To treat high blood pressure, begin by sitting in the Siddhasana posture and practising the Anjali Mudra. This helps reduce stress and anxiety. Follow this by the Supta Padangusthasana and then the Matsya Kridasana. Simple anulom vilom and other such breathing exercises can also help lower high blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi sir I'm 26 and suddenly from one month consistently my bp is above normal sometimes the diastolic varies from 90-99 and the systolic varies from 120-140. I'm taking 2-3 cloves of garlic everyday but the bp continues to worry me. I've also changed my eating habits too. I'm unable to sleep till 5 am and getting up at 1 pm. I'm feeling difficulty in breathing too. Suggest me some useful remedies to get rid of this problem.
I joined gym 2 days ago. Started from basic exercise eg 5 kg weight for bicep 15 kg for chest. Now my body is paining alot. My friends says this pain is normal as you joined gym first time. Please tell me some home remedy to overcome this pain or should I take one pain killer?
Upto how many days can bp be lowered before dialysis. And ya they r providing/giving blood to patient to. What does that mean.
Mudras practice will improve and enhance our physical and mental strength. Mudras are easy to perform at anytime, although sitting in the lotus position and focusing on the healing can be an advantage. Mudras mentioned below are very much effective to get releief from High Blood Pressure. Practice each mudras minimum 10-15 minutes to improve our healing process in efficient manner.
1.Take one glass warm water. Add two tsp of lemon juice and two tsp honey mix it well and drink daily on an empty stomach in morning.
2.Take two tsp of cumin seed powder, mix it with one tsp of honey and ginger juice and make it a paste and eat twice a day.
3.Take basil juice and honey in equal amounts and have it daily in morning on an empty stomach. 4. Take two tsp fenugreek seeds and boil it in water for about 2-3 minutes and make it a paste and eat the paste twice a day morning and evening.
5. Eat raw onion small one or two pieces, or mix one tsp onion juice with one tsp of honey and take it twice a day morning and evening.
6. Daily add garlic and small onion in your diet. Never skip morning breakfast.
7. Eat one or two bananas daily.
8. Drink one glass coconut water or one glass orange juice, or Amla juice or Blueberry juice daily one time.
9. Reduce sodium (salt) in your food and take more fruits and vegetables.
10. Drink 3 liters of water daily and avoid constipation.
11. Avoid alcohol, tobacco, fried junk food and limit the amount of coffee you drink.
12. Take one cup water add ½ tsp ginger powder, 1 tsp cardamom powder and cinnamon powder each and boil it for 5 minutes and add 1 tsp lemon juice and add 2-3 tsp honey mix it well and drink daily morning and evening.
13.Take one glass warm water add 2 tsp Apple Cider vinegar and one tsp honey mix it well and drink daily in morning on empty stomach.
My mother is 71 years having bp now doctors are advising for knee replacement. Please advise for alternative. Will cold larser teartment resolve this. Looking forward for your early response.
I have bp problem it increase more and after that I can not control my stras at that time it's give more problem please sajest me what I doo.
Hypertension is a condition where the blood has to exert extra pressure to flow through the blood vessels. While there is a genetic component to it, the more strong contributing factors are modified lifestyle and dietary changes. There are also a lot of environmental changes that have contributed to this new epidemic. While earlier people in their 50s and 60s would be diagnosed with hypertension, now there are people in 30s and 40s taking hypertension pills. Excess fat accumulation is the major cause of hypertension in younger patients.
There begins the complexity of the issue. Hypertension which requires medications to control it, they lead to side effects and bring in a host of other diseases like diabetes, and obesity which in turn bring in a whole lot of complications. A more easy way to manage would be to prevent and of course, after onset, look at how naturally it can be managed.
Ayurveda has numerous substances that have been proven to have beneficial effects in controlling blood pressure over the past 1000s of years.
- Celery or ajwain helps blood vessels to dilate and reduces concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Ashwagandha has a wide range of actions and improves the body's ability to handle physical and mental stress. This in turn improves blood pressure, obesity, and depression.
- Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which prevents fragility of the capillaries (thinner blood vessels).
- Cow's urine prevents hardening of blood vessels and is of curative value in those who have blood pressure due to hardening of blood vessels.
- Triphala which is a combination of amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki helps reduce inflammation that leads to blood pressure, thereby helping to control it.
- Jatamansi - By helping the free radical damage on the arteries, it protects the arteries and prevents cholesterol accumulation. It also is a very well-proven stress reliever and has additional benefits on hypertension.
- Arjuna - By helping the metabolism of the bad cholesterol in the liver, this protects the inner lining of the heart and thereby helps control hypertension.
- Calcium and potassium containing substances help remove sodium and thereby improve blood pressure.
- Natural herbs like Brahmi, Sarpagandha, Shankhpushpi, and Chandana are effective Ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Rasayana treatment from ayurveda is having excellent results, however everyone requires unique rasayan as per their body types.
- Watermelon helps in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Aloe gel, barberry, calamus, valerian, skullcap, gotu kola cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamansi have all been shown to help manage hypertension over thousands of years.
- A glass of warm milk mixed with saraswat powder is also helpful for patients with high blood pressure.
These are natural remedies which were a part of diet since times immemorial. Including them in the diet, reducing processed foods, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and smoking can be some natural ways to prevent and if required control hypertension. Stress is here to stay, but can definitely be managed with a little conscious effort.
I have Headache when I wake up in the morning. Also BP is 140/96 with high cholesterol What should I do? Please suggest.
Generally known as Lasoon. To maintain normal health there is no any other substitute except Garlic.
It?s a great n effective natural antibiotic.
How to use:
Skin Problem: with neem for best result
Whooping cough: 1- Tab 2 times in day
Asthma: 3 pcs of Garlic boiled in Milk & drink every day night
Low BP: 1 Tab 2 times in a day
Earache: Boil well in oil and filter, use as ear drops
Phlegm: To Filtered as above & rub on chest and throat
Gas / Indigestion: 2- tab at Night
Its also useful in Fungal Infection, Acne, Obesity,Pimples, Tuberculosis, Ring Worms Etc ?