Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. C.M.HattangadiYour feedback matters!
How to get relief from cold and chest congestion I am suffering from high cold nose is blocked even I tried Normal steam I get relaxation for some time but now chest is congestion making feel heavy chest.
I am 42 years old (मेरा मन घबराता है, डर लगता है) My heart is nervous, scared -when I am talking to any other.
Respected sir I am 30 years old. Non smoker, no drinking habits, no other bad habits. Maried and one kid, 2 years kid. Working in national insurance, administration work. I donnt have any work pressure, work tensions in office. Very happy with my family. I dont have any tensions in my house or at my home. Bp 130/80, cholestrol i. E triglycerides is littile high. My main problem are as follows, I am frequently getting left side chest pain. Left side upper back pain. Some times full back pain. Heard ache and ear pain also comes some times. But chest and upper back is continous. I also feel leg weekness, and light weight when I am walking, some time sleeping. I feel very dull and not able to concentrate on my work fully. Some times burning sensation in my chest and stomach, mainly I feel very uncomfortable in my throat. After eating I feel very heavyness in my left side of chest and stomach. With tis chest and upper back pain, my left hand also paining. I am not able to understand what the problem exactly. From past one and half yearsi am suffering. I went to many doctors and underwent almost all test lice, ecg, tmt, echo, ct angiogram heart recently, ct chest, mri brain, mri clevical spine, all types of blood tests etc. Only diagnised is high tryglicerides aroun 403. All the other tests are normal. I am not able to sleep nights, I am getting sweating, feeling fast or slow heart beat, breathing problem while I am sleeping. After srtuglling for three to four hours I am able to sleep. Kindly help me what are the tests I should undergo, what are the precautions I have to take, what should I do to overcome this.
Hello Dr. I had a stone in my left kidney. Stone measuring 6.5 mm. Three weeks back I under went cystoscope left URS+laserlitrospy +DJ stain. Still stent in situ. Dr. recommend for another scanning. Scanning result is 3 mm stone in lower portion of kidney. Kindly advise what to be done, how this stone can be removed. I am driving 2~3 liters of water a day.
My fat not reduced though taking daily exercises not taking much rich food in daily diet. LDL cholesterol 126mg/dl high risk zone taking medicine for high blood pressure-asking solution please .
I am a diabetic taking Glyciphage-500 mg. yesterday I undergone lipid and HbA1c tests. The levels are as follows. 1) HbA1c-6.00% 2) S. Cholesterol -201 mgs/dl 3) S. Triglycerides-140 mgs/dl 4) HDL-36 mgs/dl 5) LDL-137 mgs/dl 6) VLDL-28 mgs/dl shall I start medicines for Cholesterol or any tips to control these levels. Since last two year these levels are maintained. Regards
I am suffering from c3 c4 & c5 cervical bulge, does it cause chest pain and paliptaions. I checked heart, it shows normal. Then why paliptaions and chest pain.
Blood Pressure is nothing but a measure of force of blood pushing against your blood vessel walls. High blood pressure or hypertension is caused due to a diet rich in saturated oils and high in salt, along with lifestyle factors like obesity and sedentary habits. Basically, any activity or diet that leads to the constriction of your blood vessels can lead to hypertension. Hypertension is called the “silent killer’’ because it has no symptoms unless you get your BP checked regularly.
If left undiagnosed, hypertension leads to
- Kidney disease
- Heart failure
- Atherosclerosis or the clogging or hardening of arteries or blood vessels
- Aneurysms which means abnormal blood- filled swelling of an artery or vein
People who are at risk for hypertension are
- People with a family history of high BP
- Pregnant women
- Women on birth control pills
- People over 35 yrs
- People who are overweight
- Sedentary people
- People with a diet rich in oils and salty foods
Hypertension is a major lifestyle issue in the world today. But, it can be controlled by making lifestyle and dietary changes.
- Walking is very good for hypertensives and so is controlling the quantities of salt and saturated oils in your diet.
- The most common means of managing High BP is using something called DASH which means ‘Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension’.
- This means, as someone with high BP you should cut back on saturated oils or the oils that are solids at room temperature, as well as cholesterol and trans-fats.
All three can cause constrictions in your blood vessels by narrowing the lumen due to fat deposits on blood vessel walls putting more pressure on the blood vessels and causing hypertension. This effectively means that you have to cut back on oily foods of all kinds, fast foods and also fried foods.
- Red meats are associated with higher risks of cholesterol, so they should be avoided too.
- You should eat more whole-grain foods, fish, poultry, and nuts
- Low salt preparations should be preferred
- Avoid sweets, sugary drinks, and red meats.
The salt hypertension connection
Eating salt raises the amount of sodium in your blood and this puts a lot of strain on your kidneys whose work it is to remove excess water from your blood. This imbalance causes high BP due to the extra fluid.
This high BP puts extra strain on the insides of your arteries as well, and to cope with it the tiny muscles in the artery walls become stronger and thicker. This makes the space within arteries narrower and raises your BP.
So, do cut out extra salt, snack on unsalted stuff like pretzels and raw vegetables to keep a check on sodium levels. Also, do remember to read food labels very carefully to choose products that are low in sodium to keep your BP under control. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am a 50 year old Indian agriculturist in coffee, normal structure, weight 62 kgs. I do not smoke, no alcohol, no meat, chicken, but take fish sometimes n consume eggs frequently. Coffee drinking daily at 2 cups/day. Daily cycling for about 10 kms. My sex life is utterly bad. I have no any major complications, no medication history so far slight knee pains when I sit long. A little financial stress off-late. I have a low nagging back pain since last 20 years. Sciatica problem but have maintained it in control. I have observed a twitching 10-30 seconds pain on my left chest which has now become regular. Had undergone ECG where some small error observed by doctor and put me on ecosprin. My TMT was perfect with no problem at narayana hrudalaya bangalore and I was told I have less than 5% chance of any attack. But this regular pricking twitch keeps giving me the jitters. Doc says if it continues. He may suggest me an anti. Should I need to go in for it. If required I can share scan copy of my ECG. That has raised eyebrow of the doc. Do guide me
Dear doctor, my neice (8 years old) is affected by brucellosis/pleural effusion/pyopericardium/partial pericadiectomy done/collagen vascular disorder, she is discharged from hospital after a month of icu care. Now almost everyday she gets high fever and pimples in complete body.
I am suffering from diabetes for past 10 years. Also I have BP and heart disease. Now am admitted in hospital coz my left legs are swollen and some bad bubbles spreading across my legs till thigh. Please suggest or prescribe how can I release from that. Does removing of leg causes me to live longer.
My husband 27 old has always suffering from stress and hypertension. .and before marriage he is interested in sex but after marriage he doesn't. .and he having 140 kg weight and I am having only 55 kg. But we have a daughter now that only compelling him to do sex. Only 20 or 30 times total we had sex of 2 year marriage. .and he had an another relationship with other girl. And have physical relations also. Pls give an solution. .is my husband is not satisfied with me?
High blood pressure is a condition that is characterized by increased pressure on the walls of the artery. This condition occurs when the systolic pressure (contraction of the heart) is greater than 130 and the diastolic pressure (relaxation of the heart) hovers around 90 over a period of time.
If the condition is not treated, then heart muscles and blood vessels come under a lot of strain. It is caused by factors such as:
- Excessive consumption of salt
- Not consuming vegetables
- If you are obese
- Over consumption of alcohol
- If you lead a sedentary lifestyle
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall wellbeing. It is free from side effects as it is a natural method of treatment. The various Ayurvedic remedies to treat high blood pressure are:
- Diet: Include vegetables and fruits in your diet as they provide your body with the necessary nutrients. Make sure that you are not eating excess carbohydrates and fats. Avoid junk foods in your diet, consume natural foods such as whole grains and legumes. Eat foods such as brown rice and whole wheat as they provide steady stream of energy in the body.
- Yoga: Make sure to add yoga workouts to your morning routine as they help in keeping your body supple and flexible. It also helps you in relaxing and centering yourself so as to reduce mental stress. Start off with simple postures such as upward dog and the cobra.
- Remain Active: If you are the type of person who leads a sedentary lifestyle, then you need to get off the couch. A sedentary lifestyle is known to increases the risk if high blood pressure and diabetes. Follow an exercise regimen to keep your heart healthy.
- Avoid stressful activities: Avoid situations that take a toll on your mental health as they can create complications if you are suffering from high blood pressure. In your free time, indulge in activities that provide a source of relaxation and peace such as playing or reading a book.