Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C H MethaYour feedback matters!
I have two sons, elder is 13 years old and younger is 2 years 8 months. One thing we are noticing that both of our sons are not interested with food. Both are thin comparison to other children. Both of them takes a very little amount of food. My questions that how to get they taste to take any food up to the need? Is there anything food items / fruits / plants which will give them hungry to take food adequately. We parents are in very anxious. Please advise.
SIR MY BABY BOY IS ABOUT 3 MONTH OLD ,HIS MONTH WISE VACINATION JUST GO FINE , HIS NEXT DUE DATE IS 4TH MARCH ,BUT I WANT TO GO IN 1ST MARCH DUE TO SOME WORK, IS IT RIGHT OR 4TH MARCH IS RIGHT FOR BABY,KINDLY SUGGEST
My daughter is 3+months and she is unable to sleep whole night so my doctor suggested phenergan .i had gave him today 0.3 ml so she could sleep is it okay or I did a mistake please reply soon.
Hello doctor, I am 33 weeks pregnant. Doctor says my baby size is small than normal. Taken nutritious diet and im in rest completely. Please suggest how will I increase my baby weight within last 2 month.
My one year 3 months old daughter uses to lick wall and papers. Please suggest me what I should do to stop?
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.
My niece is only 2 & half months and within 4-6 days of her birth Paediatrician suggested to get the heart checked at our convenience. Yesterday, we did the Eco & it was diagnosed that the she needs Balloon Pulmonary Valvoplanty or the heart will be continue to damage. We are afraid that at this such a young age this surgery is necessary? Please let me know your contact details to share the report for proper diagnosis & Dr. From Lybrate can suggest st a true way forward.
My daughter 8 years of age sneezes 10 to 12 times in the morning daily after getting up from bed. Is there any natural or homeopathic remedy for this.
Hi. My baby now 8 months but she is so thin. She is 5nd half weight. Which food I can give her weight gain. Pls suggest me. My Brest milk insufficient it's not enough for her. Nd so much hair fall her.
In my neighbor there is a little girl 2 years old. Her legs are not normal. Wide out while she walks. The family is really poor, but the child is really cute They showed her to govt hospital, they have jst taken blood for results. Could you please help or advice,
My baby is 4 month old and as he rolling due to pressure on stomach he is vomiting a lot and his toilet is yellowish color proper but doing 3 to 4 times a day little little. Here he is drinking and then rolling and then vomiting. He is not vomiting milk but it's like dahi. Dr. he suggested perinorm 8 drops thrice a day is it safe to give him perinorm as I have read a lot of side effect of perinorm. If not safe then kindly suggest me the substitute for d same.
Can any doc prescribed me what all foods should I feed to my baby of 1 1/2 mnth as she is not on breast feeding she is on buffalo milk diluted wit some amount of water & please tell me what &which time should I feed her as she is too hungry now n then & she faces digestion problem when needed wit egg jaldi, khichdi,dal water, cerelac.she used to do hard type latrine when needed with such food. Kindly prescribed some digestion syrup also. thanks.her weight maybe 5/6 kg.
My son is 3 years old when he was only of 4 months he met with an road accident and he got an open skull fracture. And there is no improvement yet. He always coughing and cold never leave him. please advise me what we do for him. He is alright mentally but physically he has little squint problem in left eye. please help.
Hi, I have a grandson of 2 months old, it looks that he is having constipation, cries a lot while passing motion, can I give him BONNISAN. Please advise.
Is makhani fox but good for infants from 1 to 2 years of age Is it advisable for children below 2 years.
Having dry cough from 1 month..have taken evry medicine antibiotics, syrup, gargle, honey ginger ,lozenges bt nothing is curing it...i get tears in eyes while coughing n mah breathe stops n i feel vomiting at end...what to do?
Is your child undergoing Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders (PIDDs)? If you are tired of seeing your child suffering with regular cold and cough which could be solely due to a lack of nutrients in the diet, resulting in low immunity of the body. Adopting healthy habits by cutting back on junk food while including healthy items will help raise your child’s immunity levels immensely.
Some of the best foods to include in the diet to increase the immunity of your child are mentioned below:
Eggs, pulses, lean meats and other healthy protein: Immunity buildup may be disrupted if there isn’t enough protein in your diet. Milk protein in cow’s milk or dairy products like butter and cheese, animal protein in lean meats such as chicken and ovo-protein in eggs are highly beneficial and raise immunity levels.
Fish for immunity build up: Fish is a great immunity builder and also helps in making the brain work more efficiently. Fish meat contains lean proteins as well as essential omega-3 acids which help properly regulate many functions within the body raising immunity.
Stay healthy with yogurt: There are a lot many flavored varieties of curd or yogurt that your child may like and which is also considered as a power food source. It helps reduce gastrointestinal illnesses. However, try and go for the less flavored ones as they would have lesser amounts of processed sugar.
Oats and Barley for your rescue: The reason why oats and barley are healthy alternatives, especially for children is because they are composed of beta-glucan (fibre containing antioxidants and antimicrobial properties). This helps in avoiding constipation thus cleaning the intestine and hence avoiding the buildup of harmful bacteria within the body.
Fruit toppings are delicious: Fruits are not limited to mangoes, apples and bananas only. Darker the color of the fruit, greater is the nutritional value. Berries, peaches, melons, pomegranates etc, can and should also be included in your fruit intake as they are healthy as well as tasty.
Vegetables can be tasty too: Growing children require leafy green vegetables for physical and mental development as they contain zinc, iron and folic acid. Foods like fenugreek leaves and spinach are an example of vitamin rich food items. You can include spinach and other vegetables in a clever manner by making the food interesting so that children would want to eat it willingly.
Carrots to fight infection: Carrots are beneficial for good eyesight and protection from infections. With carrot intake it becomes quite difficult for the bacteria and germs to ender the blood vessels. This can be made into a salad or craved figuring to make it interesting to the kids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.