Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Integrated Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Integrated Medicine Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Integrated Medicine Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C C Nair
Submit a review for Dr. C C NairYour feedback matters!
I am practicing intermediate fasting for a time now, yet I cannot see any weight loss all I can sense is that my waist size has been reduced and my overall body size has been reduced by 3 to 4 inches. What should I do to get my weight down?
Hi, Well query related to Skin. From couple of months I have been sensing some itching kind off between my both legs when I observed it recently I found some scar kind off with a weird look as If the outer skin color totally got changed. Could you please help me in understanding the reason behind it.
Hello sir. Mujhy periods mai bht zayda pain hoty hai. Sir mjhy pain bardash nai hoti hai. Please sir suggest me some medicine which has no side effects.
Sleep is a natural part of the daily biological functions and we spend some time of the 24 hours sleeping.
Sleep cycles are different for different persons and while 5 to 6 hours of sleep may be enough for some people, others may need up to 8 hours of sleep to feel refreshed. How you sleep is as important as the duration. This is one area which is often neglected by people.
Why sleeping positions are important?
Sleeping positions are very important as you stay in a single position for hours at a time every day, and if these habits are bad, they can contribute to spinal problems. Thus, many of the spinal problems can also be alleviated by sleeping correctly.
Some of the bad sleeping positions that may adversely affect your spine are as follows.
- On your stomach - This position is in overall a bad position as it curls up the spine, especially where the neck meets the spine and can cause spinal deformities over a long period of time. Certain adjustments to this position can lessen the effects, but it is important to try to change habits and sleep in a better position.
- The fetal position - Although this is one of the more natural positions and most babies are crouched up in this form in the mother's womb; as a sleeping position, it has its disadvantages as well. The lower spine is especially put under a lot of stress when someone curls up in this position.
- On your side - Although this is safer compared to the other two, sleeping on your sides straight would cause blood circulation issues and also put a lot of stress on the relevant organs, depending on the side you were sleeping on.
In all of the cases, slight adjustments to these positions will lessen the stress on the spine and also help you sleep better.
Some of the adjustments that you can make are:
1. Sleep with a pillow between your knees to align your hips and cause less strain on the spine.
2. If you don't have sleep apnea, put a pillow under your knees to raise them while lying on you back.
3. If you sleep on your back, try to consciously change your position to sleep on the side.
4. Try and actively change your posture throughout the day to ensure good sleeping position at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.