Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hi doctor, before when I was 15 or 16 years, I was so fair, but suddenly I got allergy & I went to a doctor he gave me 3 injections per week, he gave almost 2 months, even though the allergy din got reduced & went to other doctor he just told me to do blood test & he gave me some medicine for 1 month & it got cured but the thing s after he gave that much injections my body color reduced like sun tan. I am 24 now I am so depressed to see ma color. Please help me to gt ma color back.
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Angelina jolie's revelation for her family history of cancer and brca mutations has really benefitted genetic labs, who are getting more and more requests for brca testing from doctors and patients.
The point which everyone is missing out on is that not every patient with breast cancer requires this test. Another important thing which is being left out is the pre-test counseling, which highlights the implications of a positive and negative test.
In India, the test has to be offered judiciously because indian ladies will not readily agree for bilateral mastectomies or salpingo-oophrectomies, if the test comes positive.
It is best to consult your breast onco-surgeon or genetic counselor before ordering these tests.
Dear Doctors, is is possible that breast mass and breast cyst (filled with water) both present at a time in one or both breasts?
I had a surgical depressed scar on left jaw of mandibular line, due to bike accident after 2 years the scar is not in better shape. I had done the scar revision but it not make any differences it also become hypertrophy raise scar after revision so to minimize it I had taken 4 setting of laser ipl treatment so now it settle down but it is not improve much in texture (Color) and it is not matching with surrounding skin and also depress in shape Kindly find the attach Pic. I know scar cannot be remove completely but it can be improve so I just want to know in my case is it possible to improve the scar without any surgical revision .I also heard about Fat Filler (remove my own fat and fill it in depressed location) but does it will help in improve the depressed scar permanently or it is temporary .AND also hair is not coming because of that I have to shave daily I cannot have full bread because hair loss at scar, I want to know is it possible to transplant hair on scar and if it is done what will the percentage of hair will remain and grow properly after transplant ,and what is the risk factor ,which transplant technique can be safe for scars. What will be the cost.
Sir I have fungal infection in both the side of thighs it has become very dark its itching and I have a ringworm in my legs give an effective method..
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back .I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes .what should I do?
My skin is dark. Due to this I am facing a lot of problems in my day to day life. What shall I do to get rid of this?
Need a good dermatologist. My fried has got rashes all over the face. Need good doctor in Bangalore who can treat this.
Sir, I am 21 years old my height is 178 cm weight is 92kg my problem is my neck circle day by day its going to be very black my skin color is very different from my neck color pls suggest the any cream or soaps.
My present age is 63 years & my wife age is 62 years. We have no child. We try for adoption but both the age is total is more than 100 hence they are not consider for the same whether any chance is there for the same? also I have leukoderma. For that what is medicine is there? please refer the same & give me reply with regards
My skin is so dry in winter any moisturizer doesn't work on my face and my face burn when I wash or I touch my face. What I do?
Grounded bishops's seed 2 t/spoon
Sugar 2 t/spoon
Water four glasses.
Boil it as first thing in the morning and reduce it in two glasses.
Drink one glass of this water in the morning and one glass in the evening before sunset. Within two three days rashesh will be cured avoid pickles.