Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Brain Pinto

Cardiologist, Mumbai

Dr. Brain Pinto Cardiologist, Mumbai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care....more
I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care.
More about Dr. Brain Pinto
Dr. Brain Pinto is a renowned Cardiologist in Mumbai, Mumbai. He is currently practising at Criti Care Multispeciality Hospital & Research Centre in Mumbai, Mumbai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Brain Pinto on

Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Criti Care Multispeciality Hospital & Research Centre

Plot No. 38/39, Main Gulmohar Rd., JVPD Scheme, Juhu, Andheri (W), MumbaiMumbai Get Directions

Saifee Hospital-Girgoan

15/17, Maharshi Karve Rd, Girgaon, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Brain Pinto

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

How to managed blood pressure and diabetes in one week? Which season is more important to care our self. dietitics and food service management, Diabetes educator
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Bhopal
Don't take stree, proper sleep, proper diet, proper exercise and workout. Avoid fried foods, junk foods. Constant and regular timings for medication. No skipping of dose. Loose your extra weight this will not only lower your blood but also helps lowering your blood pressure, cholesterol too. You need to bring a little change in your life style, routine and diet. No long gapes and skipping of meals. Never miss out breakfast. No overeating. Food slowly chew well and not to swallow. Use sufficient amount of ginger, onion, garlic, coriander, lemon, greenchilli, black paper, fenugreek seeds, cinnamon, bay leaves in food iteams. Timely and balanced diet is as important. Take small and frequent meals. If you are suffering for high blood pressure then you have to leave pickle, papad, and pouring extra salt. Don't take fast.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 25 year old boy. My blood cholesterol level has gone up to 233. Can I control it with regular exercise? Or I should consult a physician. Please guide.

Homeopath, Delhi
Well ofcourse maintaining a proper diet routine and exercises can help you manage your cholesterol levels For complete diet chart and details consult in private.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

For a sigle day maimum to minimum pressure can be in variance to what extent. Say morning after getting up 110/65 and during full day work it goes to 140/90 and normal working 130/85. Is this kind of variance is ok?

DM Cardiology
Cardiologist, Delhi
Dear , bp always varies depending upon the situation. Your levels are well within control and does not require any treatment.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm having pain in central line of chest when I do twisting, deep breathing, sneezing or any movement in this region. It feels that there is problem in chest bone. What may be the reason for this problem?

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear Lybrateuser, - Your pain is due bony problem because of inflammation, exertion or exercise - apply pain killer gel three times a day - take over the counter painkiller tablet, three times a day after food - try to reduce weight by diet & exercise - avoid bending, lifting heavy weights, exertion for few days till pain subsides.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Is it correct that cow milk has higher cholesterol than buffalo milk, as reported by you today, though it has lower fat, density, protein ?

MD ayurveda
Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
Hello it is actually problem of improper digestion. If your stool consistency is fluctuating between solid to liquid then the diagnosis is ibs. I. E. Irritable bowel syndrome. In ayurveda it is called as grahni. Medicines may help you hingwashtak choorna 3 gm before lunch and dinner tablet bilwadi gulika 1 bd syp kutajarishtha tablet diarex 1 bd after food from himalaya.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 32 years old Male, height 5'9" weight- 87 kgs, Software Engineer by profession and have my own software company. I wear spectacles with power -4.5 in left eye and -1.5 in the right eye. I have Cholesterol and Gout too but I am not taking any medication for them. My problem is that I have Improper sleep, as a result I have stressed eyes throughout the day, I feel sleepy and low in energy. What to do?

MD - Alternative Medicine
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Mumbai
Hello, need to take minimum 7/8 hours sleep for every one for health. You need a treatment if suffering from cholesterol n gout along with to check years eyes by qualify eye specialist twice a year though its ok many non side effect remedy available to boost years energy level on natural way stay healthy - naturally.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 43 year old and my tricliricide level in blood is 450. My doctor prescribed a medicine Pivasta 4.Now it is 186. Is there any way to reduce it without drug or I have to take the medicine for life long. What could be possible side effect of the medicine.

MDP, MD - Alternate Medicine, BHMS
Homeopath, Koraput
Reduce your fatty food, acidic food and take alkaline and starch food. No need to continue lifelong medicine. But before you stop, consult your doctor physically.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir humko ko heart attack aya tha 2014 me meri age abhi 36 saal he mene stunt dalwaye he kya stunt safe he or mujhe dawa kya hamesa khani hogi iske alawa blokage remove karne ki bhi koi therapy ayi he kya yadi he to kripya uski jankari bataye .

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
At 36 if you had a heart attack followed by stent therapy , take it as a warning to make lifestyle changes , yes you have to take some medicines for life like If BP/ Sugar is high , control with help of medicines , if you are given blood thinners like Aspirin & medicines to reduce cholestrol like statins- doctors are divided on this , My own suggestion is take nature in your stride and do not take above medicines for life due to side effects on liver/ kidney/ tendency to bleed more from any site from brain to stomach. Reduce cholesterol by eating less of diet rich in bad fats like fried items, do take good fats like a katori of nuts , all variety like few soaked and peeled almonds . cashew nuts , wallnuts , pistachios , peanuts or even just peanuts. eat more seasonal fruits & vegetables both raw and cooked with very little fat. Remember no oil is Zero cholesterol as advertised on TV, use mustered oil and thick based iron karahi with cover to cook food through steam, not through frying. Use tomato puree to thicken the gravies. Walk a lot , this is the simplest exercise , Avoid smoke and pollution as low levels of oxygen in air can trigger a heart attack. Remain stress free , get Lipid profile and Echo test done at least once in a year and If you are Symptom free , Do not Remind yourself again and again that You are a Cardiac patient .
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir ,I am 21 year old my weight is approx 70 kg ,I am little fat ,my bp always high between 90 to 100 ,i always taking yawn I cannot do exercise due to study please suggest me.

Dear Lybrate User, you may have come across a number of gimmicking advertisement of medicines which claim to decrease body weight in a very short time. Do not fall prey for such advertisement because the excess weight would not be shredded until each & every underlying cause of being overweight is diagnosed & treated. The basic role behind the process of accumulation of fat in human body is played by Metabolism. Metabolism is the set of life-sustaining chemical transformations within the cells of living organisms. The three main purposes of metabolism are the conversion of food/fuel to energy to run cellular processes, the conversion of food/fuel to building blocks for proteins, lipids, nucleic acids, and some carbohydrates, and the elimination of nitrogenous wastes. Accumulation of fat indicates that a considerable amount of the calories which you are taking daily is not used up by the body & is stored as fat. In order to lose the excess fat you need to increase your rate of metabolism. Once your rate of metabolism or BMR is increased your body will use up the excess calories stored as fat in your body. First of all you need to rule out the possibility of the presence of any hormonal disturbance that may be affecting your metabolism. Just conduct a total Thyroid profile test of all your blood (also Serum Testosterone level in case of males). If the reports are within normal limits then you should proceed further to increase your metabolism. If you find any abnormalities in the report you should immediately consult a doctor.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hypertension and Diabetes - How They are Related?

MBBS, DNB (General Medicine)
General Physician, Delhi
Hypertension and Diabetes - How They are Related?

Hypertension or High Blood Pressure can trigger as well as worsen complications related to diabetes. Most people suffering from diabetes tend to develop hypertension later in their lives. Diabetes tends to increase one’s blood pressure, making him/her even more vulnerable to other heart diseases and cardio-vascular disorders. Diabetes often leads to a condition known as atherosclerosis, which is the hardening of the arteries. A combination of diabetes and hypertension drastically increases the risk of suffering from a heart disease. The risks of kidney diseases and retinopathy (damage to the tiny blood vessels present in the retina) also go up, resulting in blindness. With age, chronic hypertension can also result in numerous cognitive disorders such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease (degenerative mental disorder).

How to prevent Diabetes and Hypertension?
1. Walking for about 40 minutes each day or engaging in any type of aerobic exercise can better one’s heart health. Chalk out an exercise plan upon consulting the doctor
2. Limit drinking and abstain from smoking
3. Go for regular kidney check-ups
4. Eat food rich in fiber such as vegetables, fruits, breads or whole grain cereals
5. Examine blood pressure as well as blood sugar levels regularly at home
6. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga to cut down on stress level; as stress is one of the major contributors to diabetes and the subsequent hypertension
7. Shed off your extra pounds as blood pressure escalates with weight

7833 people found this helpful

I am 63 years old and have been taking medicines for hypertension for last 14 years. I am 160 cm tall and weighing 68 kegs. I am not diabetic. I got worried only when my tmt test came+tive and Dr. advices me for angiography. I want to know whether there is any other noninvasive method to ensure about coronary blockage? If angiography is a must to do where should I get it done from? Presently I am not feeling any discomfort or chest pain neither at rest nor during exercise. I am taking telmisartan 12.5 with chlortalidone 12.5 and supermet AM tabs regularly. I live at Jabalpur MP. Kindly advice. Thanks.

General Physician,
Your b p. Is under control by medication good thing you don't have diabetes. Your weight slightly on overwt by7 to 8kg try to reduce it. Go for regular morning walk followed by free hand exercises. And balanced and diet. Do not change or regulate the medication without consulting your physicians. To know if there is any blockage of coronary arteries. You should go coronary angiography. It is safe it can be done in any good hospital where catch lab facility's are available.
3 people found this helpful

I am 27year old. I had pain in my chest since 15days. What is thae reason behind it. Please help me. I had not take any medicine.

AUTLS, CCEDM, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
General Physician, Faridabad
get ur chest xray done immediately to rule out infection of the lungs as the cause of chest pain...also get an ecg done to rule out cardiac cause..if both are normal then ita most likely muscular chest pain which can be treated with simple muscle relaxants...but first get these investigations done
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My LDL is135/how to reduce it? By eating what type of foods/fruits I can reduce my LDL?

FESC, FSCAI, DM - Cardiology, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
Cardiologist, Delhi
Ldl 135 is ok if you do not have ny risk factors involved like diabetes /hypertension/cad/smoking. Do regular exercise and keep control on your dietary habbits.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had bypass surgery in Nov but it was not successful. I had again a major heartache last week. Now require advise on solution.

General Physician, Delhi
Hi, you need to consider your treating cardiologist advice, if another vessel is blocked then best suggested to go for bypass surgery again. And take precautions.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from VSD earlier all was well but now a days its creating some problems like- pain in chest, cold, etc.

CLINICAL CARDIOLOGY, MD - Consultant Physician
Cardiologist, Surat
Hi. Vsd basically is a whole in between left and right chambers of your heart. So mixing of blood and pressure changes occurs due to it in the heart. It is strongly recommended that you see a heart doctor every 6 months or atleast 1 year.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.

General Physician, Cuttack
Do a complete blood examination like CBC, ESR, Mantoux test, X ray chest, Sputum examination for AFB (3 samples). Consult Chest physician with report. Do warm saline gurgling 3-4 times daily, Avoid smoking if you smoke.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother is cardiac patient, she is having chest pain spreading through throat to neck backside. Due to this not able walk even 10 feet's.

General Physician, Delhi
Hi, as you mentioned about your mother condition, I would suggest you to take to her hospital get ECG done as soon as possible and show to a cardiologist .and follow his advice. No need to waste time.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 51 years old and I have BP, but I do not want to take bp medicines continuously life long. Please suggest as how I can control my BP through ayurveda medicine or home remedies. Johny.

Ayurveda, Ambala
To control or maintain BP normal there are some instructions are given below : •Do not take salt in high amount or try to avoid it because high sodium level increase BP . • Eat less amount of pickle and fast food , fast food contain high sodium . • Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking . • Take less amount of coffee and tea both increase BP . • Drink 8 to 10 glass of water daily • Do exercise daily , running and long walk. • Take 6 to 8 hrs of sleep daily .Do not take too much stress . • Do long breathing pranayams daily for 10 - 15 minutes .It will reduce your stress level in your body. • Avoid taking too much fat foods such as butter , cheese ,ghee. • Eat healthy diet such as green leafy vegetables, fruits . Eat an apple daily . You can take Mukta Vati Of Divya Pharmacy of Baba Ramdev one tablet daily but only under the guidance of Ayurveda Doctor.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I hav problem like something is crawling under skin and hav little with pain some time in heart. What type of disease I hav and to which doctor I hav to take appointment to cure.

Diploma in Hospital Administration, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
Some thing Crawling under skin can be either due to deficiency of Vitamins. Take fresh fruits and Vitamins. Some time there can be skin disease like Scabies, for which consult Dermatologist. You are 53 yrs and have some pain in heart. Get your Blood pressure and ECG done and consult your Medical Specialist.
8 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm love with a girl but she wants to leave me but I can't leave. If she hurts me my eyes are filling with tears . I will do many stupid things when she trying to leave. Don't want to eat food or water , trying to hurt myself for reducing my heart pain. I'm I have mental?

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Kolkata
Probably you are a student. You should go for meditation and think about your family and future and envolved in social activities.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed