Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. BrahmniYour feedback matters!
Vulvodynia refers to a condition, in which you have chronic pain near your vaginal opening. This area is known as the vulva. Vulvodynia is an extremely painful condition, which also causes a lot of irritation and burning in the vulva. There is no known cause of vulvodynia and it has been said that vulvodynia can go on for months or even years. It is such a painful condition that having sex or even sitting down for extended periods will be troublesome for you.
Here is everything you need to know about Vulvodynia.
There is only one symptom of vulvodynia and that is when there is pain in your genital area. However, the type of pain you experience may be characterized by burning, stinging or itching among other sensations.
The cause of vulvodynia is not yet known. However, there are certain factors, which increase the risk of contracting vulvodynia. Here are the factors.
- Injury or irritation to the nerves around the vulva.
- Vaginal infections
- Sensitive skin
- Changes in hormone levels
Vulvodynia itself cannot be cured, only the symptoms of vulvodynia can be relieved. Relieving symptoms is not a very quick process either as it takes weeks and sometimes even months for the symptoms to
improve. Some of the treatments which can be used to treat vulvodynia include.
- Medicines: Certain medicines relieve the symptoms, which vulvodynia causes. These medicines include steroids and anticonvulsants so that your pain will be reduced. Antihistamines are known to reduce itching.
- Surgery: When vulvodynia is localized to a particular area, surgery can be used to remove the skin and tissue of the area which has been affected by vulvodynia.
- Anesthetics: Local anesthetics can be given so that your pain is reduced for a short while. A good time to apply local anesthetics would be 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse. This is because most local anesthetics used to treat vulvodynia come in the form of ointments. If your partner comes in contact with this ointment, then he will also be feeling numb.
- Pelvic floor therapy: Many times, vulvodynia is caused by the tension in the muscles of the pelvic floor. Exercises to relieve those muscles often ease the pain caused by vulvodynia.
Related Tip: "Causes and Symptoms of Vulvodynia"
I am a 45 years old lady unmarried, for three years I am facing heavy bleeding during menstruation with severe pain in my abdomen when consulted to the lady doctor she said this is adenomyosis and the only solution is operation, how can get relief without operation?
Sexual Dysfunction in Men and Women -
Sexual Dysfunction is difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity, including physical pleasure, desire, preference, arousal or orgasm.
Sunlight is an effective way to Improve your Sex Life - Sunlight plays a significant role in enhancing the sex hormones in the human blood. Sunlight promotes sexual activity in both men and women. It aids sexual development, improved fertility, increased arousal, heightened libido, enhanced sensations.
Hello. My question is about my wife she suffering urine infection actually I'm staying away from my family because of my job. and we have sex 15 day once in a month Tell me the solution..
Consuming I-pill after first time sex and how much side effects will it have and how to cure that side effects?
What is safe time for having sex with my wife after nd before her periods if we don't want any child! Eg. She gets her periods on 13!
What exercises are safe to do while I’m pregnant?
The benefits of exercising in pregnant women are to make pregnancy comfortable and the labor process lesser. This is because the muscles will be ready for support in time that your baby will come in full-term. If you’ve been exercising daily, you can check with your trainer or physician which ones you can still continue while pregnant.
In the meantime, here are the exercises that are safe to do while you’re pregnant:
It is on the top list for appropriate exercises in pregnant women because it involves breathing and movement of the hands and legs. It is perfect for you because in the water, you will feel lighter and free to move with the baby in your tummy. If you have back pain, swollen ankles, or feel a bit nauseous due to your pregnancy, this exercise will help you relieve these pregnancy-related discomforts.
Yoga is among the most popular exercises for pregnant women because of its relaxing effect. The exercise also needs you to focus and do deep breathing which will be needed when you’ll be in labor. There are special yoga classes for pregnant women that only require poses that are safe and comfortable for your condition.
Although 30-minute walking is already a good exercise, brisk walking is even better especially for pregnant women. The exercise will strengthen the legs and thighs.
The federation of obstetric and gynecological societies in india (fogsi) pointed out the importance of caring for the knees and legs. Among the important exercises pointed are walking, running, skipping, weigh training and proper stair climbing. In stairs climbing, fsogi suggested that it will be helpful to climb 15-20 steps per leg. This will strengthen the thigh muscles helpful in labor and delivery.
Pilates is another exercise for strength and flexibility that will be helpful for delivering a baby. It is safe for pregnant women but must be done in the presence of a professional instructor. This exercise can relieve any back problems and improve your posture.
Indoor cycling is safe for pregnant women because you can do this exercise without pressuring your knee and ankle. It is convenient because it can be done in the comfort of your home or at a gym that will prevent accidents like falling off the bicycle.
If you are pregnant or expecting to be pregnant, you should start exercising now. The exercises mentioned above will be helpful for you to get through 9 months with ease and comfort. There are a lot of benefits of exercising apart from strengthening the muscles, endurance and promoting muscle tone, it also helps you sleep better, prevent excess weight gain and boost your energy level. Constipation, backaches, swelling and bloating can be reduced or relieved through exercising. So, you should start your safe exercise program now.
Disclaimer: exercises should be done according to the professional advice given by your doctor or mid wife. Pregnant women should immediately stop the exercise if feel any discomfort and seek medical advice.
My wife is having some liquid squeezing out of her breast when I press her breast. But she is not pregnant. What is the reason for that. Whether it is a problem or a common feature. Pls explain. She is not yet conceived till date.
1. Pain in just one joint like knee joint. It can be due to osteoarthritis. It is quite common in older people but it can sometimes affect younger people, especially those who are overweight or those who have had serious injuries to the joint in the past.
2. Pain in many joints, most commonly the hands, feet and wrists. It can be due to rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, viral infection that causes arthritis.
The knee joint is particularly vulnerable to damage and pain because it takes the full weight of your body
My wife's period date is 7th of month but this time period is not coming and I was checked urine test for pregnancy but that test was negative then what is the reason why periods are not coming give me reason.
I am 20 years old I had my last periods on 23 june 2015 my bf fingered me on 21 july could I be pregnant I am not irregular with my periods.
I am 24 years old female. I have a gynecological problem. I am suffering from abnormal white discharge and there is strong foul, fishy smell in vagina. I am worried if I am suffering from std.
I have missed my periods and I am 5 days overdue. I took a HPT on the morning of day 4. It came out negative. I have never missed my periods (I am 33 years old). I am getting period like cramps through the day. It feels like they will start but nothing happens. I am not sure if I should worry (can it be something besides pregnancy?) since the cramps do not seem to be stopping. Or was it too early to do a HPT.
Strategies to prevent overeating at party meals
" once you arrive at the party, take in the food with your eyes first" pausing to survey the spread and thinking about which foods are your favorites and which foods just aren't worth it allows you to splurge selectively" tell yourself that you don't have to try one of everything.
Remember these tips during partying:
1. Load up on fruits and vegetables. They have more fiber and fewer calories so you can fill your plate, eat healthy, and satisfy your appetite.
2. Move away from the buffet. Fill a small plate with no more than two food items at once and then mingle.
3" hang out with the talkers, not the eaters" keep something in your hands, like a low-calorie drink, and avoid the temptation to grab appetizers as they pass by.
4. Don't deprive yourself completely. Allow yourself a few special holiday treats, but choose carefully. Think before you load your plate with holiday food.
5. Bypass most of the buffet and save your calories for the foods you really enjoy.
6. Prolong the moment. The longer you linger before indulging in your holiday food choices, the less likely you'll eat too much. Don't head straight to the front of the buffet line. If you're the first to eat, then you'll be finished before everyone else and more tempted to go back for seconds.
Dear doctors I am pregnant from last 4 and a half month my weight is only 55 kg tell me doctors is it OK or any problem.
Hello doc, at time of menstrual periods. Is it ok if we love each other nd hug each other? please suggest me.
Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity.
The various symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
- You may experience low libido
- You may have ejaculation disorders
- Impaired sense of smell
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- Your sperm count may be low
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- Infection: Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis, which causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Varicocele: This condition is characterized by swelling of the veins that are connected to the testicle. This condition is known to change the normal temperature of the testicles, thus leading to complications in sperm production.
- Hormonal imbalances: Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Problems in sexual intercourse: Problems such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation are reasons why you may have infertility.
- Medications: Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus reduce your fertility.
- Radiation exposure: If you have been exposed to radiation such as x-rays, your sperm production may be impaired, thus causing infertility. However, this condition can be reversed if you are no longer exposed to the radiation.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking: Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
- Obesity: If you are overweight, then it's time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.