Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Biswanath GoudaYour feedback matters!
Iam 18 yr old girl I have black head last 6 month. I want perfect solution. For this problem. Any good product or facewash or scrub for me.
Hi Doctor My age is 28 years and I have noticed few brown circular spots are developing on my face. I am healthy male with no medical history .can you please guide me why these are developing now and in case there are any HOME remedies or any medications to remove these. Let me know in case of any questions.
I am 19 years old. My lip colour is too much dark. I have used several home remedies but my lips aree still as they used to be. My diet is quite healthy and balanced. Guide me how can I get some improvement.
Can I use skin lite on hands and neck and feet? Because these portion are very dark. Pls doctor suggest.
I am 27 years old, I have a normal Indian skin tone but I want fair and clear skin colour, which is the best way to get that.
I am 23 yrs old male suffering from tan & pigmentation & spots on face. Please provide a good solution.
Just below my belly button on the left side it hurts a little when I want to poop, sometimes it hurt when I want to pee alot, also my anus hurt a little when I'm pushing the stool, when this pain occurs it feels like I have to poop and then I go and poop, the stool is little soft, what could be the reason. (It only hurts when I want to poop or pee sometimes) sometimes I cart when the pain occurs.
Skin is the body's most expansive organ, but a few people know how to take care of their skin properly. Between media hype and amateur beauty tips, it is hard to differentiate between myths and reality. For example, should you splurge on an expensive moisturizer or not? Here's the truth behind three common beauty myths.
- You need sunscreen only when you're outdoors on a sunny day: Sunscreen should be applied everyday whether you're indoors or outdoors. It is a misconception that we are safe from the sun's UV rays when we're indoors. However, UV rays are of two types. While the UVB rays that causes sunburn are blocked by walls, we are still vulnerable to the UVA rays indoors. UVA rays are responsible for skin ageing and skin cancer. Similarly, on cloudy days, we are safe from UVB rays but still need protection from UVA rays. Ideally, your sunscreen should have a minimum SPF of 20-30. If you don't like applying makeup over sunscreen, pick makeup products that are enriched with SPF. You need to moisturize and tone your skin everyday.
- No two people have the same skin requirements: While it may work for a person with dry skin to moisturize their skin every day, this may be detrimental for someone with oily skin. If you have oily skin, look for a lotion instead of creams, but if your skin is dry, you definitely need a cream based moisturizer. Similarly, a toner is great for oily skin but can disturb the PH balance of dry skin. Also take a look at the climate before you moisturize your skin. Moisturizing your face regularly in a humid area can lead to breakouts, while using a toner in dry weather can make the skin rough.
- Makeup causes acne: Makeup aficionados can breathe a sigh of relief; wearing makeup for extended durations does not lead to acne. The way you use your makeup and the type of product you use are the villains here. Contrary to popular belief, foundation is designed not to be absorbed into skin pores but to form a layer over the skin. Using expired products is also one of the main causes of acne. The other reason makeup is thought to trigger acne is because, if you go to sleep with makeup on, you may wake up with a breakout. This is because not washing your face, clogs your skin pores with the day's grime and dirt. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Dr. m in wheatish skin tone I m.going for glutathione injection course to get lighter skin tone. Is it helpful.
Acne can be a major chronic issue with many people, especially women. Ugly breakouts will cause you to become conscious about your skin and affect your confidence. While you may try a whole range of products to cure and to keep your skin free of acne, there are certain basic tips which you can implement with great success. (Learn more to keep your skin healthy)
Don't depend on exfoliation and don't do too much of it: While light exfoliation is quite good for the skin, but too much, too regular and too hard scrubbing will only result in the skin's oil glands becoming over active. This in turn may encourage the growth of even more acne. Use your fingers to clean your skin lightly instead of using abrasive products.
Get products which are primarily salicylic acid based: This acid is a naturally occurring light chemical, which is very good at cleansing skin. Thus look for products, which have high levels of this ingredient. It can easily remove all the dead skin cells that may close the pores of your skin while retaining the moisture within.
Stop using products that may dehydrate your skin: Many alcohol based astringents and other products meant to take out oil from your skin to reduce acne, instead end up causing it. This is because if the skin is too dehydrated, it will over produce oil to keep it hydrated. Use products, which will not dehydrate your skin. After washes, ensure that you moisturize your skin with a light moisturizer even while the skin is damp to ensure natural balanced levels of moisture.
Avoid the tendency or the temptation to touch your face: Your hands are a reservoir of oil and dirt in microscopic levels as you use them to do a multitude of things throughout the day. You may have a subconscious habit of touching your face multiple times throughout the day. This will cause all the oil and grime to deposit on your face, which will only lead to acne. Thus develop the habit of not touching your face too much.
Be careful with the type of makeup you use: Understand, which products work better with your skin. There are certain products, which will immediately cause problems on your skin and thus you should avoid them. Certain materials such titanium oxide, silica and zinc oxide are known to be good bases for makeup products. These ingredients absorb excess oil and don't clog pores. Try switching and stick to the ones that cause the least skin problems.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.