Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Bisma ShekhYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 50. Two months back I was diagnosed with acoustic neuromma and I underwent cyber knife treatment. I feel complete deafness in the affected area and headache also usually at night. Is this any side effect psot treatment? how long will it take to recover?
When I also fall in ill then my right ear is lick. I don't use any drop. My right ear hearing capacity is low is compare of left year. What should I do?
My friend is in depression. Its affecting his studies as he feels that he is not having potential to do engineering but he is smart enough as I know. He enjoys dancing n listening 2 music but what he should do?
I have hearing loss problem and using hearing aid from last 25 years. How I can improve my hearing capacity ?
My son is born with microtia one ear had not completely developed outside his age is 2.5 years now can you guide me whom should I meet and what the best age to start treatment he can hear clearly.
I seem to have some tenderness under the right ear lobe and behind the ear. I have done an audiometry test few years back and was told that I cannot hear noises in the higher frequency. Could it be because of that? is it anything to be worried?
I am 76 andsuffering from complete hearing loss for the last 5 months. I was admitted in P. G. I. Chandigarh where they took several tests but could not find any reason for sudden hearing loss. Although I am using hearing aids but now they are of no use. Please suggest what should I do now.
respected Sir, I can hear my nerve pulsating in my right hear after a run, there is no difficulty in listening but when I speak there is a kind of problem like when I say'phankha' a hindi word for fan'an' part create a resonance effect only in my right ear. Thanking you in anticipation.
I am 40 yrs old male suffering from loss of hearing (hearing loss due to crackers noise from oct' 2014) question is which type of medication or medicines I should use?
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.