Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BishakaYour feedback matters!
I am loosing my hair since am 19 my hair became thin as a circle on front and it's fine with side and back. Hope a reply from you.
I am 24 year old male suffering from hair fall from 1 year, my hear become very weak, when I round to my hand on hair, they are fall, pls give me suggestion, what should I do.
My full palm and fingers get cuts and it bleeds and irritation , itching also happens when ever I am in contact with soap detergents. Dishwashing.And as a housewife this can not be avoided. So please help me in getting cure and preventions. Thanks.
I have mosquito scars on my legs since a long time. Is there any way to get rid of them or lighten them.
Itching on body especially on legs and other fat accumulated areas after scratch there would be thickness Pleas reply.
Something touches your skin, and your immune system thinks it's under attack. It overreacts and sends antibodies to help fight the invader, called an allergen. The result is a red, itchy rash where the substance landed.
It is called Contact Dermatitis. There are two types:
- Irritant contact dermatitis is caused by chemicals like harsh cleaners.
- Allergic contact dermatitis is just like it sounds -- your body reacts to an allergy trigger.
People who have allergies react to things that wouldn't bother most others.Anything from plants to dyes and fragrances found in everyday products might be allergens.
You could also have an allergic reaction to something in the air that settles on your skin, like pollen, chemical sprays, powders, fibers, or cigarette smoke. This is called airborne contact dermatitis, and it mostly happens on eyelids, head, and neck. Skin allergies can also cause hives and swelling deep in your skin, called angioedema.
Ayurveda, translated into science of life and longevity, has been practiced in India for more than 5000 years old and has gained worldwide popularity. It uses noninvasive and natural methods and produces minimal side effects and therefore is being widely accepted.
Ayurveda believes that the body is made of pitta, vata, and kapha doshas. Any disease is the result of imbalance between these or predominance of one over the others. Hair loss or alopecia is believed to be imbalance in the pitta dosha. This leads to slower hair growth, weak hair, and greater hair fall rate.
Something that affects image and self - esteem, many would like to cure or at least halt baldness. There are various treatment options that have a dual effect on baldness - reduce hair fall and promote hair growth, thereby providing a holistic treatment for baldness.
- Bhringraj Oil (Eclipta elba): It is used since centuries and promotes the normal hair growth cycle in an accelerated way. It activates a large number of hair follicles and therefore, regular application is believed to help prevent alopecia (baldness).
- Amla (Phyllanthus emblica): While baldness has many reasons, dandruff is one of the most important and common causes. Amla is added to many hair oil formulations because of its proven effect to reduce dandruff. It acts on the fungi that thrive on the scalp and reduces inflammation of the scalp.
- Shikakai (Acacia concinna): Another very popular herb is the Shikakai. Used as a hair cleansing agent by many people, it is devoid of the chemical effect that shampoos carry. The pods are proven to prevent dandruff and promote hair growth.
- Tectona grandis: Another active ingredient of Ayurvedic formulations, the seeds of Tectona promote growth and development of hair follicles. Large number of follicles are activated, thereby producing thicker, fuller hair.
- Cuscuta reflexa: Another reason for baldness is hormonal imbalance, especially in males. Abnormalities with androgen, the male hormone, can trigger abnormal hair loss. Adding Cuscuta has been proven to reverse baldness by promoting a better anagen/telogen ratio, where hair follicle maturation happens. In baldness cases, maturation happens only in about 20% of the follicles. Cuscuta activates the follicles and increases follicular density. It also manages the hormonal imbalance by preventing conversion of testosterone into a variant called dihydrotestosterone that is believed to cause the damage.
While these and various other substances are believed to reduce baldness and promote hair growth, it is always important to remember that each body will respond differently to these substances. Thorough physical examination and a detailed history should be done before starting any of these products.
Patients should remember that these are naturally giving results without side-effects. They need to be highly patient to get results and there no ultraspeed therapy in ayurveda. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello doctor, my son is 10 months old. He has heat boils on his cheeks for the past 4 months. We are using cetaphil moisturizing cream. But it doesn't seem to get better. Can I have your advice on this?
Here is the most efficient dandruff removal technique
Which work for most people.
Apply lemon juice diluted in water and wash your hair with a shampoo. Do this twice weekly. You can see amazing results.
Meanwhile, apply hair oil regularly and don't use very hard shampoos.