Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Bipin M PanditYour feedback matters!
I got married 3 months back. I experience a lot of pain when my husband tries to penetrate during intercourse. Actually m not yet able to have sex.
I am 26 years old, my blood group is a negative an my husband's a positive, I am worried about my pregnancy. If I will pregnant can blood group effect on my child?
I am 23 and in sonography I have found cyst in ovaries so what is the reason that I am not getting pregnant.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) refers to the infection that occurs in the female reproductive organs. It happens when sexually transmitted bacteria infect the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes on spreading from the vagina. Generally, the cervix plays the role of preventing the bacteria from entering the vagina and infecting the reproductive organs. But when the cervix becomes exposed to an STD, it loses its power to put a stop to the spread of these microorganisms to the reproductive organs.
What causes this condition?
STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia have been found to be responsible for about 90% of PID cases.
Some of the other causes include
- Pelvic procedures
The condition is only detected later in life when you face difficulty in getting pregnant or have chronic pelvic pain complaints. If you experience symptoms like vomiting, high fever, pain in the lower abdomen and instances of fainting, you should immediately seek a doctor.
What puts you at risk for PID?
Certain factors may put you at a higher risk for PID and these are:
- Instances of sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia (an STD that can occur from anal, oral or vaginal sex) and gonorrhea (a condition that causes discharge from the vagina or urethra) can make you prone to developing PID.
- Douching on a regular basis can increase your risk of PID as it disrupts the equilibrium of good and bad bacteria in your vagina, and may hide the symptoms of the condition as well.
- Even a previous history of PID can increase your chances of having another episode of PID.
- Compared to older women, teenagers who are sexually active are more prone to developing PID.
- Having multiple sexual partners can also put you at a greater risk for PID and STDs.
All living creatures work on energy and a smooth functioning of the different metabolic processes in the body. The energies or “prana/chi/qi” are of different kinds and have their own distinct path of flow and influence. Air energy is better known as the air we breathe and from younger days we learn in school books that air purifies the blood in the lungs. The nose, the windpipe are the pathways and the transfer of energy happens in the lungs, on the blood. This blood feeds/influences the health of each and every cell of the body. The points of influence are the nose and windpipe.
Similarly, there are subtle energies that have their own specific pathways called Meridians. These energies are also associated with special metabolic functions and better known by names that associate with the main organ in the line of their path. For example, digestive energies are associated with the Liver meridian that follows a distinct path in the full body. There are specific zones along this path that can influence the manner in which energy flows along these paths and change the metabolic process of that energy meridian.
These points of influence are called äcu-points’. Pressure applied along these points is referred to as Acupressure treatment”. When needles are used, it is called Acupuncture treatment. The manner in which the Acupuncturist will choose a group of points will stimulate or sedate the activity of toes energies. This will allow the body to regain better health.
The needles help to regulate the flow of energy. Acupuncture is an exact science and needles are inserted into the skin at the point of influence. The depth of insertion, kind of needle, selection of points, angle in which needles are inserted, depth of needle insertion, twisting/turning of the needle, duration of therapy, the frequency of treatment; all these will create a change in the metabolic energies of the body.
A lot of research is being done all over the world to find out how this system works and what it is best suited for. Some medical conditions are easily treated and some take time. Very good medical clinical data is published in leading medical journal regarding these studies. Acupuncture has proved to be very useful in pain management; detoxification; healing enhancement; stress relief; improve digestion and few other health issues. Pure Acupressure medical science claims it is useful for all kinds of health disorder; modern medical research is by and by being able to prove this slowly.
Typically, the process of an Acupuncture treatment will follow these steps:
The acupuncture points are located throughout your body, and at times, the points may be located far away from a pain-affected area. The process of treatment involves the following steps:
- Needle insertion
- Around five to 20 needles are utilized in typical acupuncture treatments.
- The needles are quite thin and do not cause much discomfort.
- Needle manipulation
- After the needle insertion, the needles are moved or twirled. Sometimes, in addition to insertion, heat or electric pulses is applied to the needles.
- Needle removal
- Commonly, the acupuncture needles are kept in place for around 20 to 45 minutes while the patient is relaxed in a lying down position.
The most important benefits of acupuncture are as follows:
- Reduces headache and migraines
- It is quite effective for the management of chronic headaches.
- Based on several studies and research, it has been proven that acupuncture is ideal for the treatment of migraine headaches.
- The strategically placed acupuncture needles help in relieving the symptoms of headache.
- Improves pain of various types
- Acupuncture is considered to be effective in dealing with pain, such as chronic back pain, neck pain, knee pain and arthritis pain.
- Helps in insomnia treatment
- Acupuncture is beneficial in reducing the various symptoms of insomnia and sleeplessness.
- It works better than medicines and herbs for treating insomnia.
- Moreover, the treatment is not associated with adverse side effects.
- Helps in improving cancer and chemotherapy recovery
- Studies state that acupuncture is effective in boosting your immunity and enhances the recovery rate of patients undergoing cancer treatment.
- It also increases your platelet count and prevents the death of healthy cells after undergoing a radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
- It reduces the amount of pain involved in cancer treatment and improves your quality of life.
- The major side effect of chemotherapy includes nausea.
- Prevents cognitive decline
- Acupuncture is also effective in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- The age-related cognitive decline symptoms that are caused because of a neutral response in certain areas of your brain are reduced by this treatment.
Acupuncture is also being successfully used to treat digestive disorders; hormone imbalances; stress and depression; bone healing; reducing inflammation; preventing to treating diabetes; overcome acidity; hair fall and many other diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupuncturist.
I took ipill within 24 hrs after had my first sex on 2nd day after my period end. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Next I take ipill immediately after had sex on 8th day of period end.
Sir I am 18 years old girl n will pregnant so I eat for solve this problem unwanted kit as doctor contain and bleeding start after 2day after eat small tab but now I continued bleeding and not stop bleeding after 15 day so I m so worried please help.
I am married recently and I do not want to conceive early so I thought of taking an injection which prevents pregnancy for 3 months .but others says that it has side effects and I may become too lean .can you suggests which is good for me with out sideecfects.
Me and my gf want to do sex but actually we do not want any pregnancy. So how can we do safe sex and precautions we should take? Btw we are of legal age.
If I marry my second cousin. What will be the birth defects. We can overcome problems .if we take necessary precautions.
Hi I am trying to get conceive. I ll gave ovulation pain every month and my doubt is whether egg release before after or during pain .when should have intercourse during ovulation to get pregnant faster.
If you thought it is easy to make your partner lose control in bed, you surely were mistaken. While love and care for one another happens to lay the foundation for any kind of physical expression, it, in no way, teaches you the precise art of seduction. Seduction again is the key to win over her mind and body. The first step towards consummation of your relationship could be made secure through a few basic tips on seduction.
Read up these tips to know how to seduce her best:
Going slow is a tried and tested way: Pouncing on the girl you like will take you nowhere. It might rather end her interest in you altogether. So instead of rushing through things, you must try to go slow. Take time to understand the person and also make efforts to value her likes and dislikes. Patience will help her open up to you like no other thing.
Feed her with the pill of attention: As says the prevalent stereotype, females love attention. Hence, listen to her intently while she speaks. Her habits and gestures might seem quirky to you but it also is a way to map the person you are with. So, never let her feel ignored or being taken lightly.
Make her feel comfortable while getting close: Constant feedback is a great means to develop your skills at seducing a girl. Your moves of warming up to a person may make her feel uncomfortable. Always give your partner a chance to speak out her preferences. While you like hugging your girl too tightly, she might be completely averse to it. In such a case you need to loosen up a bit.
Ensure your surroundings suit the mood: You cannot expect her to feel at home in a place that is either too dingy or public. The ambience is an important factor when you plan to build up physical intimacy. You must ensure the place you both are in is safe, clean and airy. Mild decorations could be the cherry on the cake. Also, partners should not be in a hurry.
- Rid yourself of bodily vices: When on a date and especially if there are plans of making out, you should put your best foot forward. Brush your teeth, remain clean and use deodorant to get rid of body odor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Any alcoholic beverage (generally brandy, wine, beer, bourbon etc) consumed before bedtime is known as a nightcap. You may have a nightcap thinking you’ll get better sleep, but did you know that it’s actually responsible for giving you a disrupted sleep pattern? Nightcaps may gradually start interfering with your sleeping quality, causing you to wake up sooner than you want.
How do nightcaps adversely affect your sleeping pattern?
Recently, a study conducted by the University of Melbourne revealed the fact that alcohol before bedtime can give you the worst sleep ever. In this study, several volunteering adults were neurologically monitored in a lab for a few days. Half of them were asked to have nightcaps, while the other half was instructed to drink non-alcoholic beverages. After completing their observation, the researchers reached the conclusion that though alcohol resulted in greater number of sleeping hours, it left the participants feeling dehydrated and less refreshed in the morning due to fragmented sleep. This is because the sleep induced by nightcaps is very shallow, and having nightcaps regularly can result in less restorative sleep.
The side-effects of nightcaps
Ruining your sleep is not the only ill effect nightcaps have on your health. Nightcaps give rise to other issues too, like snoring and night sweats. Moreover, consuming alcohol before falling asleep also weakens your immune system, damages your memory, speeds up the ageing process, results in nightmares, and causes headaches and insomnia. In fact, regular nightcaps are bad for your heart too.
4 ways how you can prevent alcohol from affecting your sleep pattern
Nonetheless, if you want to include a bit of alcohol to your dinner, it can be done in the correct way to ensure that it doesn’t affect the quality of your sleep. You can follow these simple rules to minimise the ill effects of nightcaps:
1. Stick to the three hour rule: Ensure that you drink alcohol at least 3 hours prior to sleeping.
2. Limit yourself to a fixed amount: Always consume alcoholic beverages in moderation and try to limit yourself to only one or two drinks every day.
3. Sleep early: Try to avoid staying awake longer than you usually do as this adds up to alcohol’s abilities of disturbing your sleep.
4. Increase your water intake: Prevent your body from getting dehydrated by the effect of alcohol by consuming at least one glass of water for each glass of alcohol. Additionally, don’t forget to sip a few glasses of water after waking up in the morning.
Sleep is important for your overall well being, so try not to compromise with it by consuming nightcaps regularly, especially after knowing about its devastating effects.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
To get more such tips and ask health-related questions from trusted doctors of India, download Lybrate App on your smartphone today. http://lybr.at/app-pz. Enjoy Healthy Living
4 ways to never fall sick at season change
It is your body's immune system that stands between you and the germs. But sometimes it can fail to protect you against disease-causing microbes.
Nonetheless, there are ways in which you can significantly boost your body's immune system and these are:
1. Get adequate sleep and manage your stress well
Depriving yourself of sleep as well as being under stress all the time can hinder the functioning of your immune system. These two actions can bring about an increase in the production of cortisol or the stress hormone and a decrease in the production of protective proteins called cytokines that act against infection or inflammation. Moreover, research shows that individuals who don't get adequate quality sleep are more prone to falling sick.
2. Include fruits, vegetables and nuts in your diet
For boosting your immunity, you need to have an adequate amount of fruits and vegetables as well as nuts. This is because the strength of your immunity rests on nutrients that are supplied to your body. In order for your immune system to experience the beneficial effects of the various nutrients including vitamins and minerals, oats, barley, carrots and cauliflower are few of the immunity-boosting foods that you need to include in your diet.
A test conducted on a group of older adults reveal that upping the consumption of fruits and vegetables improved antibody reaction to the Pneumovax vaccine, which is given out to protect against the bacteria called streptococcus pneumonia.
3. Soak in some sun
Vitamin d obtained from the sun can help in boosting your immune system. Research by the university of Copenhagen has revealed that vitamin d or sunshine vitamin is vital for triggering and arming your body's t cells (a form of white blood cells responsible for killing bacteria or virus infected cells) against disease-causing microorganisms. In order for these cells to be activated, sufficient amount of vitamin d must be made available in the blood.
4. Say 'yes' to exercise
Just as certain foods play an important role in strengthening the immune system, exercise is also essential for promoting general good health and a strong immune system. It helps in improving the flow of blood, enabling the ease of movement of cells and substances throughout the body, thereby allowing them to work efficiently.
Hi im 28 years old n my wife is 21 last years we got married n now we are trying to conceive she is suffering frm anovulation n having siphene 150 mg from 2nd day of mc to 5th day plzzz help.
I and my gf had sex 2 weeks ago but I did not insert myself into her but pre ejaculation had taken place after 2 days she had her periods. So is there any chance of her getting pregnant?
If you are thinking of adopting one of the effective birth control measures, you can try an intrauterine device (IUD). An IUD is a small plastic device which is placed in the uterus and it helps in preventing the pregnancy. A plastic string is attached to one end for ensuring proper placement and for removal. An IUD can be removed easily and is a reversible birth control method. There are several advantages and disadvantages of using IUDs.
There are two types of IUDs which are commonly used. They are as follows:
- Hormonal IUDs: In case of hormonal IUDs, a small amount of progestin is released into the lining of the uterus. This hormone is similar to the progesterone hormone. This hormone helps in thickening the cervical mucus, thereby, making it difficult for the entry of sperm into the cervix. The growth of the uterine lining is slowed down, which makes fertilised eggs inhospitable.
- Copper IUDs: In this form of IUD, a tiny amount of copper gets released into the uterus. Sperm is prevented from entering the egg as they get immobilised on the way to the fallopian tubes.
- Most women who have used this contraceptive device are satisfied with them, according to surveys.
- A woman using an IUD is protected from pregnancy totally and no other preventive measures such as taking a pill every day is required.
- These devices start working as soon as they are fitted and can easily be removed.
- They can be implanted in the uterus four weeks after giving birth to a baby or after an abortion.
- Breastfeeding is safe for women using copper IUDs.
- Using IUDs enables a woman to smoke cigarettes and high blood pressure is prevented.
- Women who use hormonal IUDs experience less blood loss during menstruation and less pain.
- IUDs can be used for several years.
- IUDs are quite expensive.
- IUDs can only be removed by a health professional.
- These devices do not provide protection from any sexually transmitted disease or HIV.
- The insertion of IUDs can cause a genital infection in the uterus and lead to pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- There are chances of an IUD getting misplaced in the uterus, which may lead to pregnancy and injuries as well. The wall of the uterus may get punctured upon insertion of this device, leading to cramping, backache and excessive uterine bleeding accompanied by pain.
It is important that you must consult a doctor before thinking of getting an IUD fitted. Several screenings and tests need to be carried out before deciding upon the IUD that would work best for you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.