Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Bipin KamdarYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old and having a problem related to my knees, am not able to walk properly, every time when I put pressure on my knees so its paining like hell.
I am 31 yrs old female and Got married 1. 5 yrs back. I am getting throat infection, body ache and fever afterwards on every alternate month which last for 4-5 days. I am also getting some red spots on my arms and hands. I want to know if this is normal to get fever like this or I need some medical attention.
You may have reached a ripe age with all the worldly knowledge at your disposal to share with the world. You may have reached a stage where you no longer feel like a learner in important areas of life and could easily be someone who has the experiences and the expertise to help people out in times of their trouble.
However, you may also be at a juncture where your knees in particular may not be your best friends anymore. You may be facing a lot of joint issues and the knees may be a pair of joints that give you immense pain and discomfort when you climb stairs, walk some distance or even just stand or sit. It is very likely that you may be suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and may experience unbearable pain in a lot of joints of the body.
Though when you are afflicted with rheumatoid arthritis, you feel pain in more than one joints, but the knees are the worst affected areas in most cases and a lot of patients are advised to undergo a knee replacement surgery to be able to control the pain. There may be a lot of debates and doubts about whether a person suffering from RA should go under the knife to experience a new life after the surgery.
Some may not agree:
Just as all things have two sides to them, there are those who may be in favour of a knee replacement surgery and those who may not suggest taking the surgery. The reasons why a lot of experts may not favour the surgery include reasons such as the recovery period may take too long, though the surgery may be carried out for the knee joints, it may not be able to help in bringing down the pain in the other joints and arguments such as the replacement surgery may not be absolutely successful all the time.
Here is why you should get it:
Though the patients may have to go through pain in getting a set of new knee joints, there are a lot of reasons that help the patients in taking up the resolve to get the surgery done. Here are a few reasons why it may be the thing to do:
- The surgery help you get back in time when you were able to lead a life free of pain in the knees. While the other joints may experience pain when you suffer from RA, the pain in the knees comes across as the most painful and when that is tackled, more than half the battle is won.
- While it may be easy to tackle the pain in the other joints through simple physio exercises, it is difficult to manage the knee joint pain and a surgery may be the ultimate relief for the problem.
- When a major pain region such as the knee is tackled, it becomes simpler to handle the other joints and the problem of RA may be resolved entirely.
With such advantages from the surgery, it may make sense to a lot of people to get over with the procedure and experience a better quality of life.
Hi my mother is 50 years old and suffering from knee pain I have checked with orthopedic Dr. But he saying there is gap of bones and operation is only one solution so requested to you kindly help of this issue and avoid operation. Second thing my mother is suffering from from sugar & high BP.
I'm 23, I have sever pain in my ankles n joints as well as sometimes in my back also. I consulted my family physician he told its due to calcium deficiency, but I am taking my medications as well as women's horlicks as a supplement. Can you please suggest me what to do.
I am a 51 yr old Female. I have pain in the back area of foot. Pain gets after sitting or laying down long time and stepping down for a few minutes. This started just before 1 month. I am taking clopitorva 10 mg for the last 1year. How can I get rid of this?
I am having pain in my both feet along with stiff feeling. Pain in heels, and in my joints of my palm. Especially when I stand I feel my legs very tired so much so I can't stand or walk. I have a back pain too. I took gemcal and maxmala forte for two months, prescribed by neurologist but I didn't find much relief. What is the actual reason for my sufferings. Please suggest the cure of this. I am a prostatic patient too and I took many antibiotics like levofloxacin, plurofloxacin, ciprofloxacin ofloxacin doxcef ciprofloxacin in a gap of 5 months. Is it a sideeffect of these antibiotics. Please help.
I had an accident 2 months back and sprained my ankle. It took 21 days to recover, then again I bought a slipper which was too spongy and the same happened again. I couldn't put weight on my ankle and can't stretch my muscles below knee joint. I consulted a doctor and he prescribed me pain killers. My ankle has become a little flexible than before. What's the permanent cure?
I am 19 year old boy and have neck pain right side, the pain continues till all the day, the neck muscles often become stiff in right side, the jaws become leaked and often gives a bony sound, when I unlock it gives bony sound in neck when I move side by side, and the pain goes to right hand nerve of last two fingers and rigt hand and back right side and I unable sit comfortably, and I unable write at least 1 hour it gives shoulder pain, I consulted many orthopedic doctors and they says that do shoulder, neck strengthening exercises but it didn't give complete cure, I am suffering from this pain since 1year pls tell me what about the problem& cureness.
I am a 19 year old girl n I usually suffer from backache which is more common in morning time n it pains a lot am I suffering from any serious disease?
My back these days is paining while getting up. I am not getting why is it happening. But it pains like hell in the morning and after some time it gets normal like after bath. What should I do.
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic Fatigue and Exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a Fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive Impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.