Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bindu Ballani
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bindu BallaniYour feedback matters!
2 Major causes of premature ejaculation and how to manage it
One of the most common sexual dysfunctions in men, Premature Ejaculation (PE) stands for the uncontrollable discharge of semen either prior to or immediately after sexual penetration. Usually ejaculation that occurs within 30 seconds to 2 minutes is considered premature.
Causes of Premature Ejaculation
PE can occur due to several reasons. As you age, you learn to control your orgasm. But there are times when you may experience uncontrolled ejaculation of semen. This usually occurs with a new sexual partner or if you’ve had your last ejaculation a long time ago. Nonetheless, the causes of this sexual problem can be the following:
A. Psychological Causes
The factors that contribute to this problem include:
1. Your previous history of sexual intercourse can cause you to develop a pattern, which may prove to be difficult to change as you move on with your life. For example, situations where you’ve hastened the climax with your partner so as to hide the problem; or feelings of guilt that cause you to rush through your sexual intercourses can go on to give rise to PE.
2. Similarly, anxiety about your sexual performance or issues related to your sexual experience can also play a role in bringing about uncontrolled discharge of semen.
3. Interpersonal problems between you and your partner can be a psychological trigger behind the problem as well.
B. Biological causes
A number of biological factors can cause the problem of premature ejaculation, ranging from abnormal hormone and brain chemicals’ levels, thyroid and prostate or urethra inflammation, to hereditary and abnormal reflex functions of the body’s ejaculatory system.
How to Manage PE
Apart from drug therapy, there are several ways through which you can effectively control your ejaculation and these are:
- Using condoms to reduce the sensitivity of your penis
- Having sexual intercourse with your partner on top can reduce your chances of experiencing premature ejaculation
- Indulging in longer foreplays can help delay your ejaculation
- Take deep breaths to delay stimulation and ejaculation
- Practice start-stop and squeeze techniques, which help in arousing your penis to the point of ejaculation but stopping before it occurs to delay semen discharge.
We are all possessive in nature, and we always cling on to things which are ours, be it our home, vehicle, clothes, furniture, jewelry or any other priced possession. While some of us might be okay to share somethings, others are absolutely clear that there is no room for sharing. The other extreme has people who believe that sharing is caring, and there could even be friends who are into sharing clothes and shoes. Whichever group you belong to, there are some things that should never be shared. The following is just a short list, but remember if there is anything that may affect personal hygiene, keep it to yourself.
- Toothbrush: The mouth is the dirtiest organ in the human body with billions of germs. The comforting news is that they are part of normal flora. Not all of them are harmful, and most are essential for normal functioning. So using another person’s brush can introduce a new set of bacteria that are not normal to your mouth. These could bring in infections like candida or tooth infections. So, avoid using or sharing another one’s brush.
- Undergarments: The undergarments are loaded with bacteria, which vary from body to body, depending on various factors including food habits, exercise, and living conditions. Also, these areas are prone to sweat and contain different sets of germs. Using another person’s underwear, even if washed, can spell danger and introduce new germs into your system.
- Soap bars: While some of us have the habit of rinsing someone else’s soap bar and using it, it is best avoided. Germs continue to reside on the soap bar and get shifted to your skin. Liquid soaps are still safer and can be shared, as it does not come in contact with anyone’s skin directly.
- Hair trimming equipment: Be it razors, blades, shaving sets, or hair trimmers, tweezers, or nose hair clippers, they are never to be shared. These come in close touch with the skin and are exposed to a lot more bacteria. In addition, no amount of cleaning can help get rid of the bacteria in the razors and the fine hair which stays back. The razor also could have traces of blood and body fluids (depending on the area of usage) and can even transmit HIV and hepatitis. Sharing hair trimming equipment should be avoided at all costs.
- Loofah: Like the soap, the loofah houses loads of bacteria, which can spread from one person to other, leading to bacterial infections. They never dry completely between the uses and provide a good environment for bacterial growth.
The general rule is if anything is wet by use and comes in contact with the body fluids, it is best to refrain from sharing it!
Hi Please clarify my doubts my wife she is carrying past 10 week (65 days), if I sex with him, baby can disturb or this is not time to sex with him. Please advice.
Vaginal dryness can be caused due to a range of factors, including hormonal alterations, medicine side effects, psychological factors like stress and anxiety and much more. Female lubrication begins as your hormones signal your brain that you are being aroused sexually.
There is swelling in the inner and outer vaginal lips and your vulvovaginal glands start secreting fluids to help the process of penetration. But some women find it really difficult to feel wet and ready for the intercourse and experience painful intercourse before they finally lose interest in the whole act of lovemaking. Before you give up hope, ask yourself these few important questions and make the necessary changes to help yourself lubricate enough while enjoying intimate acts.
Are you too stressed out?
This is one of the most important reasons behind the lack of sexual drive in both men and women. It also occurs when you are ageing and approaching menopause. Lack of proper lubrication also takes place as your hormones rise and then fall, and you can consider meditating or performing a few yoga exercises in the morning to help your sex health.
Are you on a medication?
There are certain antibiotics and other medicines that lead to vaginal dryness as a form of a side effect and your sex health would come back to its normal state after seven days of finishing the course.
Are you hurrying too much?
It can so happen that your regular sexual activity is demanding for a longer course of foreplay, such as kissing, touching and cuddling, so that you get the time to become fully aroused. There are some erogenous spots in your body that crave for attention, and you can try a new position or a new sex toy or probably go with playful stroking and kissing all over the body to get stimulated.
Is everything about your diet alright?
Your diet mirrors how your body is going to respond to various situations. It is good to include loads of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables in your diet and curb down those sweet meats, cream coffees, fries and junk foods and drink more water. You can also consider incorporating zinc and vitamin supplements as they help in lubrication.
Thankfully, these ways of handling lubrication issues are much easier than estrogen inserts. If you are experiencing symptoms like hot flashes owing to vaginal dryness, you can go for an oral medication as prescribed by a health expert.