Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BindhuYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of irregular menses like secondary amenorrhea. Please help me. How I can cure this?
Hi I am 24 week pregnant. Sever heart burn feeling like breath stop. please Help me urgently for that
Can I have a flight journey in my 10 the week of pregnancy? I am 23 years old and this is my first pregnancy. Am 48 kg ,158 cm in height and have Hb: 12.
Mjhe 2 months me ek baar periods hote h. Or is baar 1 march se 10 march tak huye. Phir dubara 27 march se 31 march tak hua.
Fishes are depositories of the good nutrients that are essential for maintaining the optimal health of the human body. Broadly speaking, fishes have high protein and low-fat content, which helps to boost up the metabolism and immunity of the body. A fish meat in the diet is very often suggested by doctors for women during their pregnancy, even to the women who are vegetarians.
There are certain dishes which are low on mercurial content and high on minerals and beneficial acids, which are recommended to consume during pregnancy. These include fishes like Salmon, Anchovies, Herring, Sardines, Trout, Pollock, Catfish, Atlantic and Pacific Mackerel. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) pregnant women can safely eat up to 12 ounces (340 grams) of seafood in a given week. Here are certain reasons which make fish consumption essential for a pregnant woman.
- The presence of omega-3 fatty acids - One of the main highlights of fish meat is Omega-3 fat or Omega-3 fatty acids. It is a form of unsaturated fatty acid that is commonly found in fish oils secreted by the meat of the fish. These acids, mainly help the baby to develop its brain and the eyesight faster and better. Additionally, it also helps in energy storage, oxygen transport, cell membrane function, and regulation of inflammation in the mother's body.
- Low Fat Substitute - It is a known fact that fishes are rich sources of protein and vitamins like Vitamin C and D. They are usually low on all forms of fat, saturated fat and fatty acids. This helps to avoid fat accumulation in the fetus as well as in the mother's body.
- Better development of the baby - It is a scientifically proven fact that, higher fish consumption by women during their pregnancy is associated with increased cognitive scores, and decreased the risk of autistic symptoms (a brain development disorder found in children).
Conclusively, fishes have always been a desirable food to consume during pregnancy by women. But, you should always be careful while fish consumption, due to pollutants like mercury and PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls, which is a form of a chemically reactive substance), which are harmful to the baby as well as the mother.
I have menstrual problem and every month it will be only for 2days so that gradually I am increasing my weight can you suggest me periods having for 5 days every month?
Please give suggestion for the reduction and control of pigmentation during pregnancy. Please advise.
Respected doctors, I am 45 year old married man and my wife age 29. Yesterday her period ends and at night we did sexual intercourse couple of times. So I want to know is there any chance of pregnancy?
Hi doctor I am priyanka meena I am 24. Year old girl and I have irregular period time please suggest me Home remedies for regular period.
What is the reason behind getting sick and very much ill during the periods and in the age of more than sixty.
I'm a virgin and I think I'm pregnant. I just have those symptoms like back pain sore breast something strange happening in my uterus. I have a boyfriend but we never had sex. Today I had fever of 99.5 degree Celsius. My period is still due but I'm freaking out. Maybe something has accidentally happened. And as I dug more into it I get more anxious. I feel like my hold body has mild cramps especially my back .I also feel shortness of breath but I also have bronchitis. Also if I get diagnosed with pregnancy could I get abortion as I am an adult but unmarried. Would reputed clinics do it. And what is better medication or surgical abortion. And till when could I have medical abortion .Also are Medical abortions available in case of epictope pregnancy. And what are its symptoms. And till when is it safe to diagnose it. Also do abortions require over night stay. Are they kept confidential.
Hi sir. I am shalini 23 years old. I am Getting white discharge from vagina for past six days it is milky white colour but it is non sticky and odorless sir. L got married 3 months before. Now only I am getting this type of discharge. My next period date is 7.2. 2016. Is this pregnancy or any other infection.
Unprotected Sex on 4th march, got period on 6 march. Lasted 5 to 6 days. Next period on 11 april. Lasted 4 days. 3rd period on 12 may. But lasted 4 days. 4th period on 14th june. Bleeeded only 3 days and bleeding stopped. Can she still become pregnant for the sex done on 4th charge that is done before 4 periods. Can a pregnant woman have monthly period and still be pregnant?
I-pill emergency pill taken within 48 hour. And she is 20 years old. It is 1st time I am not sure sperm is insert her vagina or not. After all i-pill is taken there are any risk of side effect. What is problem will happen Sir.
Hello . I have irregular period with hypothyroidism. My last period is ago 5 months. Doctor suspected may be pcod. And I want to know about mode of treatment for pcod. I have one 4 years kid so now am planning to have second one. So due to pcod is there any complications. Pls let me know.
Did not get menses in time and stomach pain is having but menses not occur so what will I eat to get periods now.
I am female 26 age weight 89 kg. Married from 2 years. Usually my period are regular and cycle of 31 days but few from few month it disturbed. I got period on 22 jan and I was expecting my period on 22 feb but its not come and I look 3 urine test and 1 beta test for pregnancy and unfortunatly all was negative. After 22 jan, my period came on 22 march. Again in this month my period should be on 22 april but again till now no period. I wondering whats happening with me.
I was married in may. N every night excepts periods I makes physical relation. We want baby but she could not conceive wether her age is 24 mine 30. So what should it be? please advise us.
The word acute coronary syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that are caused by blockage of the blood flow to the heart muscles. The most common result of this is myocardial infarction or heart attack as it is popularly called. Reduced blood flow leads to death of some portion of the heart muscle wall. While the word heart attack sounds almost fatal, it need not be the case. Knowing how to identify an attack and being aware of some simple measures can help save lives.
The tell tale signs of a heart attack are as follows:
- Chest pain and discomfort usually described as a tightness or burning in the chest region
- Pain along the left side of the shoulder and neck, going up into the jaw, down to the arm
- Nausea and vomiting
- Profuse sweating
- Difficulty breathing
- Dizzy or fuzzy feeling
- Tired, extreme fatigue
- Anxious, apprehensive feeling
However, be also aware that there are a lot of people who experience a silent heart attack. Women, obese, elderly, and diabetic patients can have silent attacks and depending on severity, either they go on with life as usual or can have a fatal attack.
Once you are doubtful of a heart attack, the next step is to reach the closest medical facility for a diagnosis. In addition to a detailed examination and history, the following two tests will be performed.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): A 12-lead ECG will measure electrical activity of the heart and identify irregular electrical activity, which is indicative of a myocardial infarction.
- Blood tests: Presence of certain enzymes in the blood, CK-MB and troponin are indicative of a heart attack. A complete electrolyte profile also will be done, and increase or decrease of some electrolytes is helpful in diagnosing a heart attack.
- In addition to these two, chest radiography, cardiac angiography, echocardiogram, stress test, and computed coronary tomography may also be required to confirm the diagnosis.
Once diagnosed, the first step would be to relieve the symptoms, negate the effects of reduced blood flow, and restore cardiac function.
- Dissolve the clot: Using thrombolytics like clopidogrel
- Nitroglycerin: To dilate the blood vessels and improve blood flow, especially to the heart muscles
- Anticoagulant therapy: Blood thinners are usually used to avoid blood clot formation; aspirin and heparin are the most commonly used agents.
- Drug therapy: Blood pressure maintaining drugs like beta blockers and/or angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are also used
- Use of Statins: Statins are used to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood and stabilize plaque deposits.
In very severe cases, angioplasty and stenting or coronary bypass surgery may be required. Educating people on how to identify a heart attack and manage it is very useful and can help save lives.