Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. BindhuYour feedback matters!
Being able to conceive and the prospect of bringing a new life into the world is something that is highly satisfying and full of joy. Mothers-to-be generally start to take extra care of their diet and make sure they eat right when they are pregnant so that the fetus does not have to suffer. Though it is important to eat healthy during pregnancy, a lot of women and/or their loved ones tend to get carried away and end up gaining more weight than they should.
The good news is that this is the time when those few extra kilos aren't the cause of concern. In fact, they're a healthy and necessary part of the process. But what exactly is normal weight gain during pregnancy? How much is too much weight or too little?
If you were underweight to start with, you might need to gain a few more kilos than the average mum-to-be. Women who don't put on enough weight during pregnancy are at higher risk of premature birth, having babies with low birth weight and other complications.
But if you were heavier before your pregnancy, you'll probably need to keep your weight gain in check. Being overweight or adding too many kilos during pregnancy can lead to complications such as high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, birth defects or having a big baby.
Today, where our modern lifestyles expose us to minimal physical activity, the risks of becoming overweight during pregnancy are higher, and some may mistake it for a healthy body. Not only does being overweight have adverse effects on the pregnancy, it may also lead to the birth of an unhealthy baby, which may leave long-term negatives in the body and health of the mother for her to struggle with, for a lifetime.
Some disadvantages of abnormal weight gain in pregnant women:
In order to be able to understand the importance of controlling weight gain in pregnancy, it may be essential to know what could go wrong if the weight is not controlled or kept under check. Here’s what could go wrong:
- The increasing weight may be one of the biggest reasons for developing long-term health problems such as diabetes and cholesterol that find an easy access to the body during the time of pregnancy.
- The chances of a normal delivery in obese women are highly minimal, as observed by experts around the world.
- In the case of disorders such as preeclampsia, it may become necessary to deliver the baby sooner than the regular time period, and it may also put the organs of the mother at great risk.
- Sleepless or tired nights may be common in the case of women who suffer from abnormal weight gain during pregnancy and this is something that may affect the journey and process of pregnancy as a whole.
How much weight to gain and when?
Unlike the equation used to calculate your BMI, the process of putting on kilos is not an exact science. Your rate of weight gain will depend on a variety of factors, such as your metabolism, your activity level and your genetics. These vary by trimester:
- During your first trimester, your baby is still tiny, which means you don’t need to gain more than a total of 1 to 2 kilos. However, if you're suffering from morning sickness, you might not gain much (or might even lose a little). That’s OK, as long as your appetite picks up and you make up for those kilos in the second trimester.
- In your second trimester, your baby starts to grow in earnest. Your weight gain should pick up, if you started out pregnancy at a normal weight, you would gain a total of approx. 6 kilos by the end of this trimester.
- In your third trimester, baby’s weight gain will pick up steam, but yours may start to taper off for a net gain of about 4.5 kilos. Some women find their weight holds steady or even drops a kilo or two during the ninth month, when ever-tighter abdominal quarters can make finding room for food a struggle.
Gradual weight gain is as important as the number of kilos you gain, since your baby needs a steady supply of nutrients and calories to grow during his or her stay in the womb.
Tackling abnormal weight gain and keeping it at bay:
One of the most important things to do in order to keep abnormal weight gain at bay in the event of a pregnancy is to make sure that you are eating healthy. If you overtly indulge in fatty foods and junk items, you may be putting your body at the risk of gaining quick kilos. However, if you eat a balanced diet and make sure that you consult your gynaecologist for dietary advice, you may be able to keep excessive weight at bay. Light exercises such as swimming, walking or yoga can also help but you must make sure to take expert help and suggestions before performing any physical activity that may put yourself or your baby at risk. With the right help you may be able to go through a healthy pregnancy and achieve health and happiness for your baby.
You don't need to eat for two. Gaining too much weight during pregnancy can make it hard to shift after your baby is born.
Bear in mind that keeping active will help you to control your weight. Exercise is good for you during pregnancy. Staying active will also increase your chance of having a straightforward labour and birth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir, my wife is pregnant and she is beta thalassemia heterozygous and I may thalassemia status is normal. What may be the effect on my baby and what will be the effect in future on the health of my wife. Please advise.
My wife aged 23years we get married 5years ago. We have no children till now. Recently we approached a gynecologist, she said that my wife is having FSH level of 48, please sugest me what to do to get FSH level to normal.
Please tell me. When is the best time for having a quantitative Blood Pregnancy Test after sex for accurate result?
Bitter gourd is rich in antioxidants and other helps to increase the immune system it acts like a proper defense system to fight against illness.
It is rich in fibre and thus prevents constipation and also cures stomach disorders by helping in stimulating secretion of gastric juices.
Take saline drops soothe the inflamed nasal tissue.
Use a humidifier or simply inhale steam from a pot of boiling water.
Drink plenty of water.
Mam /sir her period was not stop before 5 to 7 days ago her periods was stop and she is suffering from fever and her platelets was 40000 only we admit her but the bleeding is continually going on they did not stop so please tell me what is that it is serious or not.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.
My wife is pregnant. Its her 4th weak. But in the second weak she had jumps on rope climbing in manali. Does that effect baby.
When I sex with my wife. I insert my penis in vagina. Then suddenly flow leak out from her vagina also. How to get pregnant. because my flow leak from vagina.
Is thr any anaesthetic ointment to be used in vagina before intercourse yo avoid painful sex. please suggest n let me know how to use.
I m 30 week pregnant. Now suffering from tonsil of grade 2. Not able to eat and drink properly. Kindly suggest any medicine which is safe during my pregnancy.
Actually 2 months ago, my wife was getting blood in her urine 1 or 2 time and having constant pain in back sometimes and suffered from cough. Around 3 weeks ago she consulted a doctor and she gave her some medicine and said these symptoms are not good for your future. But after taking those medicine she is feeling ok now and nothing is happening now but cough is there. Can you tell me are these the symptoms of cancer? Or is she totally fine now.
Enhance your smile with #lip #augmentaion #surgery:
Do you want to improve the appearance of your lips? plump lips often improve self-confidence. We at #southdelhicosmeticclinic have many #cosmeticprocedures, to improve the appearance, reduce fine lines and #wrinkles around of your #lips #lipaugmentation can enhance and improve your #naturallook https://goo. Gl/ngnvn