Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Binakshi ShahYour feedback matters!
I am having too much pain in my spine. I cannot bear it much. Although the doctor has advises me complete bed-rest but because of the pain, I am not able to sleep. My whole spinal cord if aching. Please advice me some treatment which can reduce my pain at the back?
Shoulder impingement is a serious condition leading to severe pain in the shoulder blades of a person. Such kind of shoulder pain may affect anybody anytime. It basically affects the area of your shoulder facing stress due to any sort of overhead action. An impactful pressure on the tendons of bones constituting your shoulder gives rise to this disorder. This syndrome can affect a person who paints, swims, lifts or plays tennis on a regular basis. Once caused, persistent rendering of similar activities can worsen the case. If you are suffering from shoulder impingement syndrome, treatment under an experienced medical practitioner is indeed necessary as otherwise, you may have to suffer from tendinitis or bursitis.
Take a keen look at the symptoms of shoulder impingement
- Disabling pain in and around the shoulders
- Under the effect of such excruciating pain, a person has restricted use of his or her arms and neck. He or she will face difficulties in reaching to a higher position above his or head. Aiming up behind your back will also be a challenge with the existence of this syndrome.
- There is considerable weakness in the muscles of your shoulders, preventing you from working with full vigor
- If left unattended, shoulder impingement can worsen to cause Rotator Cuff Tear where the tendons tear into two distinctive parts.
Available modes of treatment
- A doctor might prescribe you anti- inflammatory drugs to relieve you from excess pain. These drugs should only be taken under the close monitoring of a specialist as they might have acute side effects. You might feel nauseous or might have an upset stomach after consuming these medications.
- Stretching your arms above your head while holding your body in an erect posture can be of great help. This stretching exercise should be tried out in a warm shower for better results.
- Other exercises under the supervision of a physiotherapist can come to your rescue as well. You should try to move your thumb up your back to recuperate from shoulder impingement.
Surgery may also be option of treatment when non-operative treatment fails or pain worsens during non-operative treatment. Surgery is performed to trim part of Acromio bone which is causing impingement on underlying Rotator cuff to provide adequate space for mobility of tendons. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Neck pains can be due to muscle spasms, bone related like facet joint pains, disc related pains or nerve pain called neuralgia
A pain management specialist examines the patient thoroughly and puts on a combination of medicines like nsaid, neuropathic drugs and some exercises.
If severe pain is felt, injections are given at appropriate places.
Occipital nerve block for neuralgia
Facet block for facet pain
Epidural for disc prolapse
Trigger point injection for muscle pains
Patients usually get significant pain relief and are back to work.
I am suffering from pain in my left leg toe it had got fractured 2 years back and know it is making lot of pain doctors said that the bones had not joined properly it require surgery is there anyone who can do surgery for me.
Sir I am 37 year old male. I have regular shoulder pain problem since last one month. What should I do?
I have been jogging for some time. The lower right side of my thighs, just above my knees have become very stiff. Even when I take rest for a few days it does not become soft. Please advise.
I am 30 years old. I am having saviour back pain and leg pain. In MRI reports was shown sciatica nerve problem and bone crack problem. Doctor was suggested go to surgery but recently last two days I m having neck and shoulder pain also. Please suggest me what should I do?
I feeling pain in my left hand for 2 days in two or three months. The pain is unbearable. Do you know why its paining and what should I do for this.
A decrease in bone density leads to osteoporosis. In this condition, the bones become weak and brittle. Fractures are a common result of osteoporosis. Symptoms or signs do not show up until it is too advanced.
To maintain bone mass and slow the deterioration of the bone, a number of homeopathic medicines are available. Mild osteoporosis is easier to treat with homeopathy. In advanced cases, homeopathy can be taken along with conventional medicine for best results.
What are the best remedies for osteoporosis?
- For treating fractures in osteoporosis, the best natural homeopathic remedy is Symphytum officinale which helps in knitting/uniting the fractured bone by increasing the production of callous.When a bone is fractured and the surrounding tendons and ligaments of the bone also get severely damaged, the natural homeopathic medicine Ruta Graveolens is given. It also helps in mending the damaged bones, decreasing the pain, soreness and stiffness. If nerves get crushed between damaged vertebral bones, the pain can be managed by Hypericum perforatum. Silicea is prescribed when pus or fistula has formed at area of the fracture. If a patient is having troubles in assimilating calcium, Silicea can help to enhance digestive powers.
- Calcarea phosphorica, Phosphorus and Sulphur are used for treating the curvature of bones in patients with osteoporosis.
- For pain, patients of osteoporosis are given Calcarea fluorica. If there is pain in long bones and it gets worse during night time, patients are prescribed Syphilinum and Fluoric acid. Besides these natural homeopathic remedies, a diet filled with adequate vitamin D and calcium should be followed along with regular exercise.