Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bhushan KeskarYour feedback matters!
I'm 50 years old woman. I'm suffering from gastric trouble. Even little food makes me feel full. Sometimes I have left hand pain also. Always some disturbance and irritability in stomach. Is that good to use triphala in this condition. Will it increase gas and bloating? I have 140 blood sugar level? Will it increase chances of diabetes? I have hypothyroidism also. Suggest me the uses of triphala, a ayurvedic medicine. Can I take that?
Sir, I was born with a small penis they said that as I grow there will be betterment but I can't find any change, when it excites its sizes about 3inch or less please sugest me what can I do.
Hi, I have habit of masturbating since my schooling. Was thinking. Will get off this habit after marriage. But no. Due to this unable to do sex long time. Frequent urination if I have more water. Pl3ase guide me whom to contact for further diagnosis.
Vitamin B is not one vitamin, but is a complex of 8 vitamins, which not only are essential for a good health, but also facilitates smooth functioning of our body. Further, each component of vitamin B aids in specific body function from managing our metabolism to hair health to prevention against migraine.
Vitamin B is a complex of following vitamins B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B5 (Pantothenic acid), B6, B7 (Biotin), B9 (Folate), B12. It is widely present in food sources and a person who eats a well-balanced diet will have the requisite amount of B complex in body.
- Vitamin B1, also known as thiamine, is required for the body to make new cells and so has a significant role in the immune system. It is also known as the anti-stress vitamin as it helps in improving immunity and is required for breakdown of carbohydrates.
- Vitamin B2, chemically known as riboflavin, is essential for red blood cell production and transporting oxygen throughout the body. It also has antioxidant properties and is known to reduce free radicals and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Vitamin B3, also known as niacin, is essential for cholesterol regulation. It promotes the formation of good cholesterol and so is essential for preventing the onset of heart disease. It also known for its anti-acne effects.
- Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid, is essential for fat and carbohydration metabolism. It also is required for the production of hormones including testosterone and cortisol (stress hormones). It is also beneficial for the skin by reducing anti aging effects including reducing brown spots.
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine, has a major role to play in sleep and mood regulation. It produces various neurotransmitters like serotonin, melatonin, and norepinephrine which are essential for emotional well-being. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and is useful in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis.
- Vitamin B7 or biotin is known as the beauty vitamin, as it has major hair, skin and nail benefits. It is also essential for glucose level maintenance. It assumes great importance in pregnancy as it is important for normal growth of the baby.
- Vitamin B9 or folate or folic acid is again very essential in pregnancy as deficiency can lead to neurological defects in the developing baby. It also plays a major role in carrying oxygen to the cells through the RBCs.
- Vitamin B12 or cobalamin is essential to ensure that other vitamins are functioning properly. B12 deficiency leads to anaemia, as it enables the red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body. It is mostly present in non-vegetarian foods and supplements are commonly administered in anaemic people. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist and ask a free question.